Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher is not as bad of an option as most think on here... can't compare NFL to college... at the end of the day he's got a ton of experience and would bring a knowledgeable staff... I actually think he would do well recruiting and relating to the parents... we could do much worse...

Listen, I have stopped criticizing any Vol fan’s opinion. Resilient bunch. You are entitled to whatever crazy thoughts you have.

I can’t for the life of me bring myself to wanting Lane Kiffin back. I blame him for this spiral. I cant forgive him and will never forget. I know “dream job”. His timing forced panic hire. That panic hire started chain reaction that brings us to today.

More power to y’all that can get past that. I can’t.
As much as I hate that dude for what he did, in fairness the blame lies squarely on the ****** idiot imbeciles that hired him to start with. The Haslams and their pencil necked stooges are to blame for everything that has happened, and now they are using the fanbases ire at Pruitt and Fulmer to to try and weasel their way back in charge...and we have complete idiots on here that are so full of hatred at Pruitt that there are some wanting that pack of rats to take over just to get rid of Pruitt and Fulmer..🤦‍♂️

It completely blows my mind that people are that stupidly shortsighted.

Last edited:
Reactions: hooter vol
I've been in the basketball forum lately because I hate reading all the negative stuff about our program but what does everyone think about these Jeff Fischer comments.

He lost a lot of games in the NFL but had some amazing Titans teams in the early 2000's. I don't think development would be an issue but could he recruit? I have to think a 22 year career in the NFL would play well in recruiting.
🤦‍♂️

I’ll also say that we would do well to find a coach who will bring in a DC who is not of the Saban tree. Too many SEC schools run basically the same defense so it is easy to attack because you have so much exposure to it.

There’s a reason UGA and Bama have defenses comprised primarily of 5 star kids, but are susceptible to shoot outs and/or surrending 40+ points vs good QB’s.
Our 4-2-5 defense did the best against them i thought with butch. I think it’s the only defense you can really play against them. Ohio state is going to do this a lot.

Pruitt was a bridge hire. Bring him in, give him what he needs and, at least, he'll stabilize the program and build a roster for the next guy, they thought. Repeating a failed strategy probably isn't the way to go.

We don't need bridge hires. We need get it done guys.

Do you think Fisher could be that guy?

Reactions: bullet20
Would take Fisher over Marrone and Gase in a heartbeat. Would want to know who his OC/DC would be and how he would staff it for recruiting. Jay and possibly Tee could be really important for that. We are at that stage of having to take somebody that wants to be here that has the ability to deliver 8-4 consistently while the program is rebuilt. As it stands this is a 2-4 win per season program. The real fall out is worsening daily as is public perception.

Pruitt was a bridge hire. Bring him in, give him what he needs and, at least, he'll stabilize the program and build a roster for the next guy, they thought. Repeating a failed strategy probably isn't the way to go.

Except Pruitt blew the bridge up on his way out. Lol

Reactions: bullet20

I hope and pray the administration sees this as well. This fan base is tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back