Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love coach Fulmer. Was excited to see him get the AD job. That being said.....

Mistake #1:. Hiring Jeremy Pruitt
Mistake #2: agreeing to terrible terms.
Mistake #3: extending him for no apparent reason.
#1 Who could he have gotten better at that time?
#2 We were not in a good negotiating spot.
#3 This is the problem. Knew he would be pushed to fire his guy if things did not go well. Was probably already rumblings from the other side..... If only we only had one side.

Wow. I didn’t even think it was that bad. Forgot about WVU drubbing us.

Offensive BS aside, a defensive "guru" is losing on average by 21.2 PPG...if the defense was holding teams to 21.2 PPG it'd raise eyebrows and we're over here taking ass whoopings this bad on the regular but it's going to take "something damning" to fire him...

Reactions: volinbama256
Offensive BS aside, a defensive "guru" is losing on average by 21.2 PPG...if the defense was holding teams to 21.2 PPG it'd raise eyebrows and we're over here taking ass whoopings this bad on the regular but it's going to take "something damning" to fire him...

A competent offense that stays on the field a little longer would help some

To me if this isn't enough reason to fire him, then the people in charge are the problem.

16 of 19 losses are by 10 points or more. His combined average margin of loss is 21.2 points.

View attachment 336671

Which should tell everybody it's about lowering the buyout after Phil's stupid extension. There is zero reason for him to be the HC at UT after that performance. Zero.

Think positive...they’re working on an exit strategy for him to make everyone happy, including NCAA, and will hire Napier or Chadwell the same day. Those guys won’t turn down $3-4mil/year. Most players will stay and the new staff will close with some good transfers. Spring ball around the corner!
For the record, I like this Ron way better than Ron on a ledge.

I'm going to pull out Butch's phrase and say, "they do need to play complimentary football." Defense wasn't very good this year, but they aren't the entire problem. Can't stay in games when your QB can't score AND gives them points on top of it.

100% what will happen, cause the folks involved with bringing this investigation to light aren't people Pruitt can send packing and he's too stubborn to be willing to mend those relationships or put a band-aid on it to stay here. Only reason he's not already done this is he's pissed and wants max money because he may not have a soft landing when he falls.

OR (and this could also be the case) Pruitt is as competitive as hell and doesn't like the sour taste of 3-7 and being fired when he's just now flipped the roster.
He's known as an excellent DC so he'll always have a landing spot at some pretty big universities

That guy and the Cincy DC, Orgeron going to make a run again.

yeah, must be nice.............................. meanwhile at UT, where we've sucked for 15yrs, we are looking to get worse, have probable NCAA violations coming even though it didn't help and we suck, and we continue to play grab-arse and won't make a decision.

Reactions: HankHill

Hey man, Pruitt is a Defensive genius and is going to have our Defense whipping tale next season, just wait---- don't pay any attention to the past 3yrs, he's gotta PLAN NOW, so everything is going to be fine... just wait and see! LMFAO

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I love that we all have just accepted that Marrone would be interested in this job - some of us are so sure of it that we're already campaigning against it.

That's no given. It can get much worse.
"It can get worse"...That is supposed to make us accept a ****** hire? Screw that...we should never accept that. It is a betrayal of trust on a massive scale...They don't deserve a loyal crazy fanbase like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back