Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Poll: Hire Matt Campbell?

• Yes

Votes: 575 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 17.7%

• Total voters
I really am at the point where I could care less. I love my team but my God when is enough going to be enough. I watch us play and we look terrible but then I watch other teams play win or lose they look so much more prepared. This team here is making me not want to watch football at all. I don't know what the answer is but I hope someone figures it out.

Understandable.

Campbell will be waiting for that call from Ann Arbor to make a move, Tennessee doesn't have enough money to take out Pruitt and pay a multi million dollar buyout of a top tier coach right now, reality bites, we can thank Fulmer for this insideous agreement with Pruitt.
Wrong.

Whenever the inevitable head coaching change comes, the next hire definitely needs to be someone who has run a couple of programs and done it well. Someone whose teams are organized, well coached, and coachable.

Someone who already knows the daily ins and outs of being a head coach, and can focus on adjusting to the SEC and leading a hundred million dollar program.

No on the job coaching training.

He lost to Sun Belt team la-Lafayette by 3 tds and can’t beat his instate rival in several tries. I thought that was frowned upon around here lol

I know—I’m in the slim minority that wants to keep Pruitt another year. I think he deserves another season.
I can respect that. I’m in the camp of, Ive seen enough to make me believe he is not the right man for the job. I just enjoy reading everyone else’s takes and occasionally dropping in my own, dumb comment.
In all seriousness, why do you think he deserves another year? I’m genuinely curious.
GBO!!

Reactions: TC 83
I don't think Campbell would come to Tennessee. I just think this University has been reaching for to long since Fulmer left. The hiring process has been horrible and IMO it is going to take a long of time to dig out of this hole. I may not live long enough to see another steady winning UT football team. And that SUCKS!! Fulmer will not get rid of Cornbread he's here for another two to three years.

Good coach and he is winning at Iowa St. usually a graveyard for coaches in the past there not a easy place to win. He would be a solid hire here.

This is the mentality that prevents Tennessee from making good hires.

He's at Iowa State. Iowa State has played Oklahoma 85 times. They have beaten Oklahoma a total of 7 times. They are 7-76-2 against Oklahoma.

Matt Campbell is 2-3 vs. Oklahoma while at Iowa State. One of those Oklahoma teams had the Heisman Trophy winner and went to the CFB Playoff. The other is currently ranked #14.

Iowa State hasn't had 4 winning seasons in a row since the 1920's. Calvin Coolidge was President. He has clinched that this season

Frankly, with his resume, he could do better.
This message board has never aided NOR hindered a coaching search in the history of this board or coaching searches in general. You’re thinking of the other one.

Their is absolutely no reason why the Tennessee Brass did not hire a good coach after Fulmer was let go . Ohio State fires three good coaches and always spend the money to hire another good coach.
Are stadium holds more asses than theirs.
Just pathetic.
Instead we hire three dollar store coaches.

I can respect that. I’m in the camp of, Ive seen enough to make me believe he is not the right man for the job. I just enjoy reading everyone else’s takes and occasionally dropping in my own, dumb comment.
In all seriousness, why do you think he deserves another year? I’m genuinely curious.
GBO!!
I just think he deserves a shot to get it right. I mean the QB thing is odd—I think the fanbase would of been more understanding losing w/HB but I really believe he’s just trying to win and thinks right now JG is the best option. However, you do have to make that trade at some point to protect the future and Pruitt just has not done it. I get why that frustrates everyone. But our overall roster talent is better and I like the class coming next year. I just think this year has sucked for everyone and I’m still leaning with his potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back