Franklin

Georgia State cleaned Pruitt’s clock, an embarrassment that should last a lifetime
and Franklin being overrated has nothing to do with how terrible we played that Ga State game.

Some posters believe any criticism of another coach is supporting Pruitt and that's not the case

No different than Schiano as far as I’m concerned. Pretty amazing that we have a lot of fans who don’t mind coaches who hide rape cases or who have hookers on speed dial. Evidently overlooking character and morality isn’t restricted to politics these days.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Oh He** Nah! Franklin is overrated. My Buddy is a PSU alum and conveys to me that the ALUM is more than happy to let him go!
Every fan of every team not in the top 10 wants their coach fired and believes the backup up QB is better than Aaron Rodgers.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Why would Franklin come to UT when he is at Penn State ? We have been mostly mediocre for the last 15 years except for Dobb’s last two years and are no longer a relevant football university. Penn State while not as strong as they used to be under Paterno are still relevant.

Why would Franklin come to UT when he is at Penn State ? We have been mostly mediocre for the last 15 years except for Dobb’s last two years and are no longer a relevant football university. Penn State while not as strong as they used to be under Paterno are still relevant.

I don't think he would in reality. But, money changes everything. We offer enough cash and he WILL come here. And also the chance to be back in the SEC at a real school not Vandy.

I don't think he would in reality. But, money changes everything. We offer enough cash and he WILL come here. And also the chance to be back in the SEC at a real school not Vandy.
What is he making at Penn State. I’m sure they could pay him more than we would if they thought he was worth it. If he is not we do not need him anyway. I think if all the names floating out there so far , Luke Fickel (sp?) would be my choice.

Franklin would be a grand slam hire for anyone. The people saying he's overrated are absolutely crazy. The guy had Vanderbilt ranked in the final AP poll two years in a row. It had never happened even once in the history of the AP dating back to 1936.

When he got to Penn State they were in year 3 of 5 of probation. He won 11 games and the Big 10 championship in year 3 with a roster that faced scholarship reductions. When he got to Penn State the team had 0 walk-ons. Franklin said he went to frat houses to round up guys to play practice roles. His first team in 2014 had 7 players on it that never had played high school football. They only had 7 offensive linemen on scholarship. Because players on football scholarship were allowed to quit the team and retain their football scholarship he had scholarship spots taken up by people who wouldn't play. They had 65 scholarships available his first two years, he chose to redshirt a bunch of players those first two years and still went 7-6 both years.

I seriously can't understand how anyone can with a straight face claim he's overrated. I don't see him compared to Saban, Swinney or Meyer. Outside of that who has been a better coach the last decade? Maybe Fisher but he walked into way better situations. Same with Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day.

They'd say the same thing about Saban the first time he lost 2 games in a season or didn't make the playoffs.

I think Franklin would do a good job here.

But, I don't see him leaving Penn State for what basically amounts to a lateral move unless we pony up a lot more cash.
Facilities are about even, fanbase is about even (both travel well and are passionate), schedule tips slightly in favor of UT but only because a lot of B1G teams are down right now, one deciding factor would be the AD itself - seems Penn St is slightly more inclined to want to win.

If we play all ten games and lose to Auburn best is 3-7. Florida and Texas am will run us off the field. If we lose to vandy also that seals the deal. We will can Pruitt.

VN Store

Back