Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
He was last seen in the SEC paying players and calling hookers. He’s going to crawl across glass the 1st shot he gets at a P5 school.
I know the SEC is where he wants to be, but he's not exactly sitting on skid row right now either....

I went to my first Tennessee football game as a kid in 1967. It was magical - the great uniforms, the checkerboard endzones, the team running out through the "T" formed by the band .............. and great football.

I have been in love ever since, but I am currently disgusted that our entire admin has allowed the program to deteriorate to this point.

Do we want to be elite again or not ? This is the first time since Fulmer was forced out that we have had an obvious choice to make in Coach Freeze and he would be very interested in being our coach. South Carolina has already made their move and Auburn will be next and one of them will hire Freeze - probably Auburn. If Fulmer and Boyd sit on their ass and lose this opportunity, it will be a sad message to the fan base.

Fire Pruitt and Hire Hugh Freeze, Now !!!!

I think Blackburn is at MTSU as an assistant AD. He should've been hired over Currie and over Fulmer. Give him the AD gig and get Freeze in at head coach. Freeze is proven and would merit patience.

David objected to the panic hire of Derrick Dooley after Kiffin bolted. For his accurate opinion, he was forced out of UT athletics.

I'm with you - Hell Yes, Bring back David Blackburn and hire Coach Freeze.

Because we’re tired of the game. We need a proven winner.

Would love to have him. I believe he will go to South Carolina and we will lose to his team the first year and it will be the beginning of the end of Fulmer. Not because he deserves it. He inherited a crap show. But because he did make the mistake of giving Pruitt an extension and was not able to get a big name in before SC did. Hugh Freeze will take the Gamecocks further than they have ever been. Not sure any of the coaches out there will beat him or Mullen. Georgia seems destined to be better than TN for a looong time. Who else out there is any better than Smart? I like Indiana’s coach... but not sure he can take on Freeze. Why wait and see once again when we could get Freeze? Money that will be lost due to terrible seasons anyways.

The only thing that stops this is the boosters come to Fulmer NOW and say we will give you all the money you need to go get Freeze and get the job done.

I went to my first Tennessee football game as a kid in 1967. It was magical - the great uniforms, the checkerboard endzones, the team running out through the "T" formed by the band .............. and great football.

I have been in love ever since, but I am currently disgusted that our entire admin has allowed the program to deteriorate to this point.

Do we want to be elite again or not ? This is the first time since Fulmer was forced out that we have had an obvious choice to make in Coach Freeze and he would be very interested in being our coach. South Carolina has already made their move and Auburn will be next and one of them will hire Freeze - probably Auburn. If Fulmer and Boyd sit on their ass and lose this opportunity, it will be a sad message to the fan base.

We are still paying for firing Fulmer. That will always be my opinion. I agree that an opportunity like this may not come along again for many years to come. Consider this a platinum opportunity that will cost.

He is likely going to wait to see how it plays out with Pruitt, he can afford to wait, he is in a good spot right now to bide time.

He'll be the hottest head coaching prospect this off-season. Chances are he'll be coaching somewhere else besides Liberty in 2021. South Cackalacky?

He'll be the hottest head coaching prospect this off-season. Chances are he'll be coaching somewhere else besides Liberty in 2021. South Cackalacky?
I suspect he could do better, but who knows. It might be the best offer this season. I don't think he leaves the perfect setup at Liberty for the USCe job. His rehab ceiling is higher. He can afford to wait because there is no threat to his success at Liberty, except his own behavior.

I suspect he could do better, but who knows. It might be the best offer this season. I don't think he leaves the perfect setup at Liberty for the USCe job. His rehab ceiling is higher. He can afford to wait because there is no threat to his success at Liberty, except his own behavior.

Yea I was just speculating about the USC job really, because it's the only one open right now in the SEC. BUT I do think he'll be coaching somewhere else next year,.......his team is undefeated, they've beaten two ACC teams, his stock is going to be pretty high so I think he'll cash in. A couple of things may stop that from happening........this crazy COVID year will have athletic departments strapped for cash so may not have as much interest vs 2022 and beyond OR maybe Liberty drops some games at the end of the season. The more they win the more likely I think he bolts in 2021 for somewhere else.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I don't know... moving a family is hard work. Besides, they're paying him pretty well at Liberty. I'm sure he'd prefer his next move to be his last... can't see that being to Columbia, SC.

If the Texas or Auburn jobs open up, I could certainly see him being interested as well as a leading candidate. He'd also get a strong look from Michigan if they dump Harbaugh, but he may want to stay in the South.

I hope he has the sense to pass on SC. He can do better -- even if it isn't Tennessee.

Reactions: westy and igotworms
If someone hired Freeze before we get a chance to I would not be upset getting Jamey Chadwell ...Man that guys offense is fun to watch...It's like a spread triple option...I am not sure what you would call it but its effective and fun to watch...It would add a nice spark to our dismal offense thats for sure...My god could you picture Kaidon Salter running that offense?!....Wow

A qb of that ability and caliber is the key to routinely beating a Saban defense/team.
Not just pulling one out now and then
Yep. And just think... Hugh was able to do the trick with Bo Wallace and Chad Kelly. They almost got them 3 years in a row... lost in 2016e 48-43. Alabama had 2 defensive TDs and a special teams TD in that game.

Reactions: igotworms

Couldn’t agree more. I think Hugh Freeze might be the perfect fit at Tennessee too. South Carolina and Auburn are more stepping stone programs.

Restoring Tennessee is something Hugh Freeze could make his definitive legacy.

Reactions: igotworms
Yep. And just think... Hugh was able to do the trick with Bo Wallace and Chad Kelly. They almost got them 3 years in a row... lost in 2016e 48-43. Alabama had 2 defensive TDs and a special teams TD in that game.
Bo had already been in Freeze's system for 2 years before he got to Ole Miss, I think that had a big impact into why they were so successful early.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Couldn’t agree more. I think Hugh Freeze might be the perfect fit at Tennessee too. South Carolina and Auburn are more stepping stone programs.

Restoring Tennessee is something Hugh Freeze could make his definitive legacy.
Auburn a stepping stone job? You serious, Clark?

VN Store

Back