Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Ray that would start JG
giphy.gif

IF we make a coaching change, now would be the exact time they pass the one-time transfer rule because this is absolutely when it could screw us the most.
yep. there would be some casualties for sure.
It’s not going to be an en masse thing. 25 man initial counter requirement most likely still stands and would serve as a Pandora’s Box balance.
but agree, it wouldn't be a program altering exodous....
Wouldn't be the case this time. When Pruitt was hired Cole Cubelic said that we had the worst roster in the SEC and then some. He wasn't wrong. But our roster isn't that anymore
no, it's not the worst. it's not the best. i'd say it's in that 2nd tier behind the usual suspects at top...the problem is the youth, and you really don't know what you have at QB at all. "rated talent" has been upgraded. agreed.
This thread has gone full retard.
tenor.gif

We have talent. Need somebody who trusts it faster.
this.

Hear me out on something...I’ve been thinking about our last three coaches and how it is so similar that it’s scary, how they all three reach a point and it seems like they want out so bad and are willing to tank the program to get their buyout money and leave. The biggest head scratcher of all three is Pruitt coming off an eight game winning streak, and completely imploding. It just doesn’t make sense. Dooley… That made sense. He never had any success here. However, Butch did have some success, but he had an exit strategy coming off back to back 9-4 seasons. Why? I don’t understand why did he want out. We say because the job was too big for him. I’m starting to wonder if it wasn’t as much that, as all three see the writing on the wall. They think they can get everybody rowing in the same direction, they start making some headway, but then something happens, and they realize they cannot be as successful as they were promised, because they can’t get all of the support that they need. Pruitt got a lot more support, but based on what a V said, he’s not getting the full support he needs in order to pull this program out of the dumpster. So what is he going to do? Find a way out and leave like everyone else has. I think that is why @Atlanta VOL has said it won’t matter who we hire, if EVERYONE isn’t all in with full support. Something is scaring these coaches away when they seem like they are on the precipice of getting over the hump and starting to win big. I’m not sure exactly what it is, but it’s something. I think that is what AV is alluding to. I think this is where the power faction who is not in control is trying to sabotage the program so that their money is needed which gives them more power. Just some thoughts

Edit: Sorry I had to finish editing the rest of this as I accidentally hit the post button.

No way that Pruitt looks at the career trajectories of Dooley and Jones and decides to emulate their departures. The simplest answer is likely the right one; he isn’t a good head coach.

Reactions: UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back