Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see Phillip making it through this either. He was always going to be a stop gap due to the situation Currie put us in. I have a really bad feeling we may witness another power play for the program If that happens.

Granted I don’t think loosing JP and PF at the same time would be a bad thing for the program at this point. I would certainly be behind a coaching change this year but again if I were a betting man there is no amount I would put on us getting rid of him due to the economic environment we are in.

I hate it for JP and his staff. They have sacrificed so much in so many ways to try and turn this thing around.
So the wheels have come off? This sucks I thought we had a dude. Im guessing the power play is the Haslams getting back in charge. Welcome to another mcgoogle coach.

Hard to see Phillip making it through this either. He was always going to be a stop gap due to the situation Currie put us in. I have a really bad feeling we may witness another power play for the program If that happens.

Granted I don’t think loosing JP and PF at the same time would be a bad thing for the program at this point. I would certainly be behind a coaching change this year but again if I were a betting man there is no amount I would put on us getting rid of him due to the economic environment we are in.

I hate it for JP and his staff. They have sacrificed so much in so many ways to try and turn this thing around.
What on earth is going on in the QB room and how has it been so bad and so unwilling to try HB?

Reactions: volfaninpa
We'll see about the economics. If USC or Auburn do it with bigger buyouts then words can't describe how pissed off I will be.

USC would be the outlier. I guess I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't think they have big money boosters lining up to pay buyouts. I would think Tennessee has more money available from boosters.

Auburn beats to their own drum. They will spend, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good decision.

I think there are a few of us who need to see some progress before we are willing to continue supporting and I am ok with it. JP got a lot pulling in the same direction...but not all. And where the program was/is...we need ALL imo
Why can't we (UT) just cut bait like all these other schools? Why can't we be serious about winning?

Freeze would be a great hire. And from all accounts I've seen he would love to have the job. Pruitt isn't much different than Dooley as in on field performance, maybe worse and now about the same as Butch in pressers.

The reason so many people liked the Pruitt hire is because he was our "President Trump." He didn't bs around; straight to the point. Now he is like a career politician.

If Phil is collateral damage in order to get Freeze here then so be it. If the 'power play' gets Freeze here then so be it. Just get Freeze here by any means necessary.

I am not imagining how that works. Even if PF doesn't really want Freeze, I just don't see a scenario where the power play is to oust PF to get him. If PF is out, that probably means Haslam is in, and that means Freddie Kitchens is our new coach.

Last I saw we had $10m in reserves

We have a ~$40m deficit this year and it sounds like boosters may not be willing to bail that out.

So, are we taking out debt to cover the deficit? If so, then is "we have no money" a real excuse? UT is probably a AAA borrower and they could cosign for the UTAD. No one wants to add to debt, but at a low cost of capital, it's not a ton different than if we just had the money sitting around anyway.

Just spitballing.

So i've been off volnation since Saturday. Couldn't take the negativity I knew was going to be coming in. Honestly, I was just sad after that last loss. Ha. I braved a look and had to skip a thousand pages in here i've missed. Is there actually some smoke with Pruitt being replaced or is this just people message boarding?

Just to follow up, the margins were negative and the surgeon feels like he got everything. Now just rehab and routine PSA checks.
That's awesome news. And I'm sure it's a relief as well.

(Just now responding because I've learned to stay away from here for a few days if a game doesn't go well.)

Why can't we (UT) just cut bait like all these other schools? Why can't we be serious about winning?

Freeze would be a great hire. And from all accounts I've seen he would love to have the job. Pruitt isn't much different than Dooley as in on field performance, maybe worse and now about the same as Butch in pressers.

The reason so many people liked the Pruitt hire is because he was our "President Trump." He didn't bs around; straight to the point. Now he is like a career politician.

You didn't really pay attention to the post you quoted. Pruitt got "some" rowing in the same direction but not all. That means that there are influential boosters or those in the administration who are not.

It doesn't matter who the coach is if that can't be fixed. If they fire Fulmer and Pruitt, do you trust the next person to make the right hire?

We have a ~$40m deficit this year and it sounds like boosters may not be willing to bail that out.

So, are we taking out debt to cover the deficit? If so, then is "we have no money" a real excuse? UT is probably a AAA borrower and they could cosign for the UTAD.

Just spitballing.
Does that $40 million include the SEC Network money?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Podcast has me thinking Holiday and Wideman and maybe Morven Joseph transfer at years end.

So dumb of the staff to have Eric Gray in a wild cat instead of Holiday or Calloway. Or Beckwith.

If this staff lets these kids go/transfer, then that screams incompetency, these are the kids they recruited, so the staff and head coach should be, and better be held to the fire. No Excuse... I don't want to hear a single BS word come out of JP's mouth trying to rationalize or defend it, because there's just simply no excuse. Fulmer should be held accountable as well.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So i've been off volnation since Saturday. Couldn't take the negativity I knew was going to be coming in. Honestly, I was just sad after that last loss. Ha. I braved a look and had to skip a thousand pages in here i've missed. Is there actually some smoke with Pruitt being replaced or is this just people message boarding?
We've already scheduled shifts for tracking the flights!

Reactions: VOLSONLY

So, are we taking out debt to cover the deficit? If so, then is "we have no money" a real excuse? UT is probably a AAA borrower and they could cosign for the UTAD. No one wants to add to debt, but at a low cost of capital, it's not a ton different than if we just had the money sitting around anyway.

Just spitballing.
The dude that owns freaking dish is a booster. So is the check into cash guy. The money we’re talking about is pocket change to them

I want to give an update. When we called an ambulance, my dad refused to go, and they couldn't make or convince him. The next morning, my dad called with a change of heart and was willing to go! The prayers worked! As @Orangeredblooded said, God gave him a light to see all those around him and fight. And he did!

My dad has pneumonia and what they referred to as dangerously low potassium. Low to the point that it could have cause cardiac problems, even a heart attack if he waited any longer. He isn't out of the woods yet and has a spot on his lungs they want to look at once they clear the pneumonia. But he's fighting!

I didn't know what else to do the other day but pour my heart out here though tears. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and well-wishes! They helped save my dad's life and give him a chance.
Praise God. Prayer works and I'm sure we'll all continue to do so. Please keep us updated.

I’ve never seen anything like this bunch. I’m no happier than any of you, hell I’m even checked out of the football season because of it now...but, y’all have got to be the pitchfork brigade if I’ve ever seen it. Worse than a bunch of children not getting the BB gun they ask for when they’re too young for it. I’m pissed off, myself. Real bad. Do I want it to be off with his head? No. We all knew what kind of situation we were in when he took the job a few years ago. It’s legitimately not gotten that much better and there’s good reason for that. The roster still isn’t comprised of all the type players that SHOULD be on an SEC roster, including JG whom I think would barely fit in at the FCS level. For us to expect that we’re gonna be able to pick and choose whomever we want to come here as assistants & all that, we have to be kidding ourselves & that’s not even being negative or mean about it. I live and breathe this university just like any of you but there’s no way I’m coming in to get pummeled by this fan base and then not get to to have access to the things I need to be successful due to booster & donor incompetence. Whether we like it or not, we’ve got to continue to leave it up to Pruitt until his contract expires unless he shows some tangible results. This year has been wacky for a team that couldn’t afford to not have spring practice and summer practice and fall. We don’t have the kind of talent yet to overcome those problems unlike the teams we’re trying to catch. We just aren’t there no matter how much we have felt good about our swipes at them. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but in my eyes his leash is getting tighter and tighter. I’m hoping we can retain our recruiting class at least for this season and that will give us a fighting chance next year because I truly believe Jarrett is gone and we will have an influx of a youth movement of Pruitt’s type of players and guys that want to play together. This team has no cohesiveness because there are too many ME players that don’t know how to play with any players that have the killer instinct drive like Jauan had. No leaders. All followers.
We've also had a ton of staff turnover every year since Pruitt has been here. It looks like we're headed down that road again next year and it takes time for the players to adjust to new styles of coaching. I figure Covid will magically go away now since the election and that should help us get back to normal on the practice field.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back