Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think this is happening. A lot of speculation. I’ve never heard the Chaney rumor about Bailey except on here. Many VFLs I know said the staff was excited about him and they are excited as well. I think Pruitt has trouble trusting a freshmen QB with limited snaps.

Which sucks because other universities do and it ends up working out for them.I believe in playing freshman if they are better no need in waiting.

Which sucks because other universities do and it ends up working out for them.I believe in playing freshman if they are better no need in waiting.
But at the end of the day, it’s tough to throw a freshman QB out there. There’s a lot more to it than any other position and doubly more so when you’ve not been able to practice. Just because you’re talented doesn’t always mean it’ll transfer to the college game or even that you’re ever ready for it. We’ll hopefully get our answers as the season plays out.

I think a lot of the stuff about UGA not wanting Bailey was started by UGA fans. They offered him his FR year I believe, but as far as I know he never showed them any interest. I think a lot of people thought Florida was his favorite the first couple of years in high school, then it seemed to be Michigan and Tennessee.

Yeah then he threw like 3 interceptions in the endzone and couldn’t stay healthy.

Again.it’s the same thing we see each week in JG but worse and he’s a senior making “Brian Maurer like mistakes” but Brian is more mobile and feels pressure way better than JG.BM is definitely a spark in the up tempo game if that’s what chaney wants to run.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
But at the end of the day, it’s tough to throw a freshman QB out there. There’s a lot more to it than any other position and doubly more so when you’ve not been able to practice. Just because you’re talented doesn’t always mean it’ll transfer to the college game or even that you’re ever ready for it. We’ll hopefully get our answers as the season plays out.

This is also true but just like me and many others believe in “trial by fire” if he can handle the heat then he definitely deserves to be in the kitchen...not everyone is mentally fragile like JG,if anything giving someone a chance like that makes them more motivated and hungry.I truly believe in these other qb’s that if given a legit chance for the job you would see a completely different offense.unfortunately JG has blackmail on Pruitt apparently or JG’s dad has given a s**t ton of money to the university and bought his spot.

Don't think anyone has said that. Maybe it is how VQ feels (wgaf) and maybe Chaney isn't the highest on him...ok...but if he is actually good none of that matters. He will get his opportunities once he actually has a Spring camp lol. Guy has simply walked into the worst possible situation and guys ranked similar to him here at UT in the past (minus Bray) all needed time to develop.

People just need to chill and let the kid develop.
Bro we been chilling
1604702152876.gif

Chaney or Smart? I would argue it may have been more Smart than Chaney.

Track Chaney since Eason - Fromm (quite mobile) - Fields (great mobility) - King (great mobility) - Salter (same) - Simpson (quite mobile)
You think Jake Fromm was "quite mobile"? That's hilarious! Sure. I guess he was as mobile as Peyton Manning.

Last edited:
Friday night. College Football eve.

I am going to watch the Southlake Dragons Varsity Football game tonight. The HS QB is phenomenal. He hardly ever forces a throw, when he does, it’s thrown only where his receivers can catch it. Last game, the WR fumbled and a CB scooped it up and was off to the races. With a bad angle, the QB chased him down and tackled the CB at the 20. Chased him for 60 yards and came from the opposite side of the field after being knocked down when throwing the pass that was fumbled. Truly impressed with the QB.

Should it bother me that I wish that he played for Tennessee? He is cool under pressure, evades the pass rush, has great pocket presence. Has wheels when he needs them, but isn’t considered a DT QB. He is a HS junior...

Should it bother me that I wish that he played for Tennessee? He is cool under pressure, evades the pass rush, has great pocket presence. Has wheels when he needs them, but isn’t considered a DT QB. He is a HS junior...

He doesn't sound like he fits the mold for a Vol QB under the current coaching staff.

Friday night. College Football eve.

I am going to watch the Southlake Dragons Varsity Football game tonight. The HS QB is phenomenal. He hardly ever forces a throw, when he does, it’s thrown only where his receivers can catch it. Last game, the WR fumbled and a CB scooped it up and was off to the races. With a bad angle, the QB chased him down and tackled the CB at the 20. Chased him for 60 yards and came from the opposite side of the field after being knocked down when throwing the pass that was fumbled. Truly impressed with the QB.

I’m pretty sure most fans are bothered by our QB situation. It’s got me all down and out. I’ve not been this bummed in a long time.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Well...on vq haha. Composite he was just inside the top 100. Behind guys like crompton, jg, bray, salter (if his ranking sticks). A decent bit above guys like Ainge and Dobbs (~160). Last composite 5* afaik was Clausen.
Rivals had him as a 5*... We always go with the one with the higher rating.

This isn't your first day. I expect more from you...
1604704236284.gif

The surgery seems to have gone well. I'm at home recovering, off the pain meds and feeling pretty good. I have a follow-up on Friday with the surgeon to go over the pathology. Thank you for asking.
Just to follow up, the margins were negative and the surgeon feels like he got everything. Now just rehab and routine PSA checks.

Guys, I'm asking for some prayer warriors. My dad has struggled with depression, and this pandemic has crushed him. He's all but given up. He refuses to eat and is too weak to walk from one room to another. He refuses to go to a hospital because of Covid. My brother and I don't know what else to do but to call an ambulance anyway and see if they can convince him to go. If any of you can say a prayer for him, I would be deeply grateful! And please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. My heart is breaking.

I want to give an update. When we called an ambulance, my dad refused to go, and they couldn't make or convince him. The next morning, my dad called with a change of heart and was willing to go! The prayers worked! As @Orangeredblooded said, God gave him a light to see all those around him and fight. And he did!

My dad has pneumonia and what they referred to as dangerously low potassium. Low to the point that it could have cause cardiac problems, even a heart attack if he waited any longer. He isn't out of the woods yet and has a spot on his lungs they want to look at once they clear the pneumonia. But he's fighting!

I didn't know what else to do the other day but pour my heart out here though tears. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and well-wishes! They helped save my dad's life and give him a chance.

I want to give an update. When we called an ambulance, my dad refused to go, and they couldn't make or convince him. The next morning, my dad called with a change of heart and was willing to go! The prayers worked! As @Orangeredblooded said, God gave him a light to see all those around him and fight. And he did!

My dad has pneumonia and what they referred to as dangerously low potassium. Low to the point that it could have cause cardiac problems, even a heart attack if he waited any longer. He isn't out of the woods yet and has a spot on his lungs they want to look at once they clear the pneumonia. But he's fighting!

I didn't know what else to do the other day but pour my heart out here though tears. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and well-wishes! They helped save my dad's life and give him a chance.
I feel and know what you and your family is going through, sometimes they’re just scared or feel like they need to be strong for you all and don’t know what to do. Same with you and everyone that loves him. Even though it gets exhausting, if he see you all fight, he will also. When dad had his heart attack in December and in a coma, I whispered in his ear, every time I was with him “you fight, I fight with you”. Prayers for all you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back