Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m being semi-comical here, but actually believe it:

Tennessee fans will expect the list to be Hugh Freeze, Luke Fickell and Urban Meyer

The actual list will be Billy Napier, Kevin Steele and Tee Martin
No. We don’t Fire him unless it’s freeze

Im sad man. I really like Pruitt. I was campaigning for the intern to be fired. I won’t do that to Pruitt. I want him to resign not get fired. Bring on ole Hugh tho and I’ll hope for the best for Pruitt in the future
I agree, I really like Pruitt and am sad the writing is on the wall at this point.

I’m being semi-comical here, but actually believe it:

Tennessee fans will expect the list to be Hugh Freeze, Luke Fickell and Urban Meyer

The actual list will be Billy Napier, Kevin Steele and Tee Martin

Steele and Tee would be unmitigated disasters. We can't go with another defensive guy or a guy who got removed from offensive playcalling duties. Gotta be a successful offensive-minded coach, or at least one who identifies and rolls with good OCs.

I don't either, but I've seen this movie and it always ends the same.
I've supported the last 3 coaches up until it looked like they were mailing it in and the team stopped competing for 4 quarters. Pruitt has hit that level. If he was making personal changes and the team hadn't regressed, I'd hang in there with him but we really look like garbage. We ain't been right since halftime of the Georgia game. We kept Butch 1 year too long, we can't do that with Pruitt. Freeze is right there and available now but he won't be for long.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Fulmer is a very smart man. He was the golden goose for years that got us to the point we were in during the 90s/2000s. He has seen us dominate bama, uga, and be "up there" with the gators year in and year out. The business has changed, not to say that we won't ever get back. But he either feels one of two ways....#1) Totally sickened of how far we fallen and willing to have the biggest pair in Vol history and make changes where needed to get them competitive again or #2) Nostalgic of yesteryear thinking he could have righted the ship with more time, feeling he hired the right guy and does not want to do to him as was done to him. Thinking more time can right the ship......which one? I lean towards him being the loyal, time giving and slow to act, orange bleeding captain who might just go down with the ship while the Pride of the Southland Plays on deck.

Reactions: SoilVol
Hard to see Phillip making it through this either. He was always going to be a stop gap due to the situation Currie put us in. I have a really bad feeling we may witness another power play for the program If that happens.

Granted I don’t think loosing JP and PF at the same time would be a bad thing for the program at this point. I would certainly be behind a coaching change this year but again if I were a betting man there is no amount I would put on us getting rid of him due to the economic environment we are in.

I hate it for JP and his staff. They have sacrificed so much in so many ways to try and turn this thing around.

Hard to see Phillip making it through this either. He was always going to be a stop gap due to the situation Currie put us in. I have a really bad feeling we may witness another power play for the program If that happens.

Granted I don’t think loosing JP and PF at the same time would be a bad thing for the program at this point. I would certainly be behind a coaching change this year but again if I were a betting man there is no amount I would put on us getting rid of him due to the economic environment we are in.

I hate it for JP and his staff. They have sacrificed so much in so many ways to try and turn this thing around.

We'll see about the economics. If USC or Auburn do it with bigger buyouts then words can't describe how pissed off I will be.

Any idea where the wheels fell off? I was really pulling for Pruitt and thought he was the right guy. In fact I thought he was going to be a home run if we gave home time, but time seems to be running out quick.

Are you able to elaborate on the sacrifices JP and staff have made? And what do you attribute the poor performances on the field to?

Reactions: OrangeBoll

If Phil is collateral damage in order to get Freeze here then so be it. If the 'power play' gets Freeze here then so be it. Just get Freeze here by any means necessary.

1-10 how possible is Freeze if we make the change?

I'll never have any inside info like you do AV. But what has/what do you believe has happened to this staff as it pertains to their coaching acumen? This team looks poorly coached and I know they shouldn't be as bad as they are. I'm certain most of these coaches are decent guys and they have families and I wouldn't want to even think about having to relocate now, but what's happened to them on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back