Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSU rolled up 541 yards on South Carolina with a bunch of FR and SO's last night. Terrance Marshall was the only upper classman that did very much. They played two FR QBs, they had a FR pick up 3 sacks, two others that recorded a sack, and another that returned an int for a td. LSU is going to be better off down the road from it.

Was Holiday the other speedster? Thought Calloway was too, but think I saw he might end up at DB.

Have yet to see Holiday, wish we could see him more.
I was looking at Calloway's profile on 247 earlier today for his comparison they compared him to von bell. I thought that was interesting since we had him listed as a receiver on the roster.

LSU rolled up 541 yards on South Carolina with a bunch of FR and SO's last night. Terrance Marshall was the only upper classman that did very much. They played two FR QBs, they had a FR pick up 3 sacks, two others that recorded a sack, and another that returned an int for a td. LSU is going to be better off down the road from it.
They have also had a BUNCH of guys leave for the NFL, opt out, and injured...with TEN top-110 guys...they literally took 9% of all the top players in the country last year lol. 6 in the top-80. We had ZERO top 80 recruits...js. Apples to oranges. We could try it too, by all means. But we aren't in nearly as good of a position to do so either.

Last edited:
They have also had a BUNCH of guys leave for the NFL, opt out, and injured...with TEN top-110 guys...they literally took 9% of all the top players in the country last year lol. 6 in the top-80. We had ZERO top 80 recruits...js. Apples to oranges.
Funny how you stopped counting “top” players at the oddest number ever, 80..

I mean, why not like 73 or 59?

They have also had a BUNCH of guys leave for the NFL, opt out, and injured...with TEN top-110 guys...they literally took 9% of all the top players in the country last year lol. 6 in the top-80. We had ZERO top 80 recruits...js. Apples to oranges.
The QB is a 3* and was actually the lowest rated guy in their class. 499 overall.

Did you see how fast he got out of the pocket and almost instantly seemed like he got 10 yards lol dude is super fast and would help out this oline evading pressure.he feels it a lot better than JG.
Yes this. It’s very similar to the dobbs effect. Extend plays by 1-3 seconds, scramble out of sacks. Imagine Hyatt downfield with an extra 1-3 seconds and Maurer out of the pocket.

The knock on Maurer was/is can he stay healthy and can he protect the ball. Offense definitely had some juice when he played last year but he’d either get hurt or throw a pick,

Funny how you stopped counting “top” players at the oddest number ever, 80..

I mean, why not like 73 or 59?
Beacuse that was the cutover to what we actually had. Fwiw nowhere did I define that as "top" players. I said "top-80". Not that any number is anything but arbitrary anyway...but I started with their three 5*s vs our 0. But saw they had way more top 4*s as well. Just showing how far these days a #4 class can be vs a #10 class. Their average player was 4 points above ours, nuts. So little parity in recruiting these days.

Last edited:
How do you mean didn't try to get back in it?

He went for an onside kick and kept starters in till 5 or so minutes. General play calling? What did you want more or less of?

Honestly my biggest gripe was kicking a FG in the first half.
I can understand how a lot of people are saying we didn't play to win that game. The FG you talked about was also strong evidence of that. My biggest gripe was the way we managed the clock at the end of the 1st half. We're down 18 points and we get the ball to start the 2nd half. We get the ball with 53 seconds left in the first half and a lot of field between us and points. So we run the ball on first down. We don't call one of the 3 timeouts we have so I figured he was going to run the clock out which pissed me off. No that's not what he does though. We call 2 passes which went incomplete. Give them 17 seconds left on the clock. We are very lucky they didn't score to end the second half. Terrible coaching decisions. Either be aggressive and attempt to move the ball for points or run it out. I support CJP. I want him to be successful as I think all the chatter about firing him hurts us as much on the recruiting trail as our poor play does. I just don't know what its going to take to turn this around. I feel like we are barely hanging on here haha.

As someone with childhood OCD, I hated odd numbers...I could also not step on the tile cracks while walking in the mall...the weird things you focus on as a child 😆
I still don’t. I’ll even fix things on racks at stores because it bothers me so much. I understand the struggle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back