Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A day later and I still feel pretty deflated.

Jeremy Pruitt is going to be a good head coach. I could see him winning National Championships. But right now, he isn't. Right now he's still learning. As much as I like him, I think we may have made a mistake in asking a first time coach to undertake this rebuild. Because make no mistake about it, we're still feeling the effects of Butch. All of our upperclassmen are his guys or his recruits - and they're not cutting it. To make matters worse, we have a first time head coach who is learning how to handle everything.

Pruitt has come from a number of programs who each, respectively, were loaded with talent. Enough to basically overwhelm opponents most Saturdays. At Tennessee, he doesn't have that advantage. Not even close.

For me, the thing that frustrates me the most about him is his personnel decision making. I hate the constant shuffling of positions. I hate his reluctance to play some younger guys, which, ironically - he was never shy to do prior to this year. I mean, sure, I get the you have to earn it in practice mentality - but when your regulars are not at all effective on gameday, week after week, then isn't it time to switch it up?

Shamburger is terrible at nickel. I'm pretty sure Lawrence or Slaughter or any hell Tyus Fields could do just as "good" there. And at least they'd be getting valuable reps to grow. Most of our Dlineman are just blue collar try hards who make no positive impact in the game. Try something else.

Crouch doesn't feel like a linebacker. Banks didn't either when healthy. Is French and Eason that bad they can't get some looks?

I don't know.... I try to temper my expectations because I knew the rebuild would take YEARS, it didn't help that the first ESD was right after he was hired and then in year three, we had the pandemic where Knoxville had much stricter restrictions than other SEC teams. Pruitts first real class are only sophomores. I guess I shouldn't really pass judgement until next season. But this has been a hard year. It is tiresome seeing us get completely rolled by teams.

Also - what **** sense did it make rolling Mauer out there just to hand off repeatedly. Give him a few throws just to see if he's making any better reads.

Ahhhhhh..... it is so hard being a Tennessee Volunteers fan anymore.

They probably all are to some extent or the other. There are plenty of potential rumors out there from a couple of places on our current head coach. Since he is here and not winning, we might as well go out there and get someone who can win. Freeze is proven and has won everywhere he has been, even liberty. Everyone deserves second chances… How do you know he hasn’t changed his ways?
I don't. I'm having a hard time getting past the story about him making a female student in high school change her shirt in his office while he was in there.

Reactions: SoilVol and RiotVol
No thats means we would be 0-9 against Florida, Georgia, and Bama. That is not good for a 3rd year coach

It's bad I agree but next year he has to beat one of the big 3. This year we need to get to the finish line with a top 10 recruiting class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back