Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know guys my interest in college football is fading fast lately. Past two weeks I hadn't bothered watching much of any other games other than the Vols debacles. I think the Vols just continuing to disappoint and basically the same 3 teams dominating college football the past decade have really worn me down . It's just boring now. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State on repeat every single year. And there's no signs of it stopping, they are at the top of recruiting yet again. All elite Kids just gravitate towards the same programs the past decade, it's hard for college football to be very interesting unless you're a fan of those said programs .

I don't know guys my interest in college football is fading fast lately. Past two weeks I hadn't bothered watching much of any other games other than the Vols debacles. I think the Vols just continuing to disappoint and basically the same 3 teams dominating college football the past decade have really worn me down . It's just boring now. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State on repeat every single year. And there's no signs of it stopping, they are at the top of recruiting yet again. All elite Kids just gravitate towards the same programs the past decade, it's hard for college football to be very interesting unless you're a fan of those said programs .
CFB needs to step in. I just skimmed your comments but, if youre saying its horse **** to hear about all these rules meant to make it more competitive when in fact it is now watered down to just a few select teams? I love TN and cant imagine not supporting but i really dgaff about any other teams it really is boring. I recall spending all day watching football in my 20's and thirties.

CFB needs to step in. I just skimmed your comments but, if youre saying its horse **** to hear about all these rules meant to make it more competitive when in fact it is now watered down to just a few select teams? I love TN and cant imagine not supporting but i really dgaff about any other teams it really is boring. I recall spending all day watching football in my 20's and thirties.

Exactly. I miss watching college football all day on Saturday. I really do. But the last 2-3 years I just can't anymore. It just bores me.

Everyone knew the playoff would be bad for CFB. There’s no way they go back to how it was. Now, the only fix is further expansion of the playoffs. Yippee.

Everyone knew the playoff would be bad for CFB. There’s no way they go back to how it was. Now, the only fix is further expansion of the playoffs. Yippee.

I don't see what further expansion would do. It'll still be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State in the Natty every year. Sure more teams would I guess technically "play for a Natty" but there's such huge gaps between those three teams and the rest of college football almost every year. Last year's LSU team was an abnomly. When is the last year one of those teams weren't in the Natty? 2013. Before that 2010. 2 times in the decade. Absolutely horrible. Even before the playoffs started, Alabama was already on a dynasty.

Reactions: barrylee and Aesius
Exactly. I miss watching college football all day on Saturday. I really do. But the last 2-3 years I just can't anymore. It just bores me.
Not to be negative. But, it is difficult to justify a 3 hour time commitment to a game if the team doesnt care. My children are young, im not missing a minute over bad football. Now I absolutely want to share positive times with my kids, and, they love TN too. My six year old has asked me three weeks running, 'Daddy, is TN gonna beat this team?'

Passive and aggressive I answer 'honey it iant about who wins, theyre just having fun'.

Iow 'honey we're losing to KY and if I could jump through the TV id kick a whiteboard'

If the Vols win or play a late game, I can still watch it all day. If the Vols lose a 12:00 or 3:30 game, I can’t bear to watch another snap of anyone else rest of the day.

Not to be negative. But, it is difficult to justify a 3 hour time commitment to a game if the team doesnt care. My children are young, im not missing a minute over bad football. Now I absolutely want to share positive times with my kids, and, they love TN too. My six year old has asked me three weeks running, 'Daddy, is TN gonna beat this team?'

Passive and aggressive I answer 'honey it iant about who wins, theyre just having fun'.

Iow 'honey we're losing to KY and if I could jump through the TV id kick a whiteboard'

Agreed. I "watched all the Bama game and Kentucky game" but both games I was browsing on my phone more than looking at the TV.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
If the Vols win or play a late game, I can still watch it all day. If the Vols lose a 12:00 or 3:30 game, I can’t bear to watch another snap of anyone else rest of the day.

I can agree with this. It depends. After UGA I watched some night games..
But After we lost to Kentucky I turned the TV off and didn't watch another moment. How so many vol fans could stomach watching UGA vs Bama I have no idea. Lol

Reactions: barrylee and UTProf
Yea, it was really close. But the pile-on is considered the plane on the corner. He has the football in his hand at an angle, and he hits white before the pile-on. Maybe the tip of the ball was inside the pile-on. Probably a play that can’t be overturned either way if it was called no good.

I can’t take it. After 3 times it can’t be a typo. PYLON. PYLON

Heard on a call in show that Pruitt wanted Freeze before Chaney but Fulmer nixed it. Any validity to that?
No idea, but I highly doubt Fulmer hires anyone he's afraid could tarnish the university.

Which will make the DL hiring interesting.

People forget how old school Fulmer is.

Reactions: Devo182
The knock on Maurer was/is can he stay healthy and can he protect the ball. Offense definitely had some juice when he played last year but he’d either get hurt or throw a pick,

Productive QB’s throw picks. They do and you guys know it without naming them. Pruitt has no clue. What they don’t do is throw pick 6’s.

Pruitt is coaching for his job in 2 weeks. If he doesn’t win, the team will never recover. He’ll be canned next season.

I think our next coach will have a way better roster to work with, though. I’ll give Pruitt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back