Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The QB is a 3* and was actually the lowest rated guy in their class. 499 overall.
No doubt, just talking playing tons of youngs in general as the original topic was. He looked really good at the E11. Was throwing darts that weekend.
Believe Myles Brennan was injured.

Last edited:
Point is he stopped at 80 because it fit his narrative. If he’d have said top 100 players, that wouldn’t have fit because K. Lawrence was #81, Omari Thomas was #91 and Harrison Bailey was #99.

The more YOU know...
Then it is 10 vs 3...ok better.

X players vs 0 players made the point most clearly (because what if our 3 were top 10 players...? then maybe we should be throwing them in, etc).

Same point anyway.

Then it is 10 vs 3...ok better.

X players vs 0 players made the point most clearly (because what if our 3 were top 10 players...? then maybe we should be throwing them in, etc).

Same point anyway.
The point is that LSU is playing their young guys regardless of some recruiting ranking services assigned value of said player. It will pay off in the long run.

The point is that LSU is playing their young guys regardless of some recruiting ranking services assigned value of said player. It will pay off in the long run.
That's fine. I'm just saying it seems their class were much more ready talent wise to do so. If I had Bama, UGA, LSU freshmen I'd be throwing them in en masse too. All good.

The knock on Maurer was/is can he stay healthy and can he protect the ball. Offense definitely had some juice when he played last year but he’d either get hurt or throw a pick,

Which is completely dumb because he was a freshman and wasn’t even in our Strength and conditioning program for a year!...but I’ll take a BM who wants to win and being able to extend plays over a qb who can’t feel pressure enough to Atleast throw the damn ball away instead of taking a sack! These coaches want to run uptempo offense and you can do that with BM because he makes thing happen out of nothing that keeps the defense off balance.

Last edited:
That's fine. I'm just saying it seems their class were much more ready talent wise to do so. If I had Bama, UGA, LSU freshmen I'd be throwing them in en masse too. All good.
Again, like @snowvols pointed out. Finley was #499 and their lowest ranked player according to 247. Bailey was #99. I’m just saying it seems like their staff is willing to throw those guys out there to get valuable experience either by necessity or otherwise.

Again, like @snowvols pointed out. Finley was #499 and their lowest ranked player according to 247. Bailey was #99. I’m just saying it seems like their staff is willing to throw those guys out there to get valuable experience either by necessity or otherwise.
Their QB was injured. Not going to pass too much judgment though on Pruitt waiting to develop freshman with no Fall practice though. But people can drag him they want.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I know everyone is upset about the bigger, faster, stronger players and practice comment from Pruitt, but how many times have we all said we wanted to get to a point where we didn't have to play freshman and they could come in and develop. Anyone stopped to think maybe that's what Pruitt is trying to do, this is a rebuild after all with a year that eligibility doesn't count and with all the stupid contact tracing in Knox County that hit us hard he's using it as a development year for his players and trying build and stack depth for the future of the program. We have a freshman and sophomore class that can train and develop for a year without losing eligibility and can be done without having to worry about injuries in game. Just playing devil's advocate here. And yes I understand that guy's need game experience but it's just another philosophy that could be at play here.

I know everyone is upset about the bigger, faster, stronger players and practice comment from Pruitt, but how many times have we all said we wanted to get to a point where we didn't have to play freshman and they could come in and develop. Anyone stopped to think maybe that's what Pruitt is trying to do, this is a rebuild after all with a year that eligibility doesn't count and with all the stupid contact tracing in Knox County that hit us hard he's using it as a development year for his players and trying build and stack depth for the future of the program. We have a freshman and sophomore class that can train and develop for a year without losing eligibility and can be done without having to worry about injuries in game. Just playing devil's advocate here. And yes I understand that guy's need game experience but it's just another philosophy that could be at play here.
We aren’t keeping things vanilla as people here like to say for failing offensive coordinators. We aren’t saving anything. You either win or get fired. If this year doesn’t matter from eligibility then it’s essentially a year long scrimmage for the freshman. Get them all the experience they can get. We aren’t playing for the east anymore anyways.

Call-in show? Checks out

😁

...but fr...I feel like I vaguely remember that rumor...🤔

Yeah that’s why I took it with a grain salt but the same caller pointed out Fulmer’s record without Cutcliffe which I always point to and is right on the money. He also pointed out Rodney Garner was the only good hire he ever made.

We aren’t keeping things vanilla as people here like to say for failing offensive coordinators. We aren’t saving anything. You either win or get fired. If this year doesn’t matter from eligibility then it’s essentially a year long scrimmage for the freshman. Get them all the experience they can get. We aren’t playing for the east anymore anyways.
which is ridiculous.

I actually understand and agree with all of this but you are at a greater risk of injury every in game snap you take yes you can get injured in practice but game time increases that chance, but all I'm saying is this can be little at as a free scrimmage year or a free redshirt year without the cost of using an actual redshirt so the question then becomes which is more beneficial for your PROGRAM wins now with a potential fall off next year or a chance to make a jump next year and stay there its all in how you look at building a program.

Coach Majors came to Tennessee when Tennessee was as bad as it was when Coach Pruitt took over. It took CJM 6 seasons to beat Bear Bryant. Bear then retired.

I think that it’s only going to take Coach Pruitt 4 times and next year after we win, Saban will announce his retirement at the end of the season.

Just a little VFL optimism.
Oh, and we will win every remaining game this season.

Sounds like @OGbabyaviVol last year

Surely you’re not implying that practice reps would be better experience than actual game reps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back