Any word from practice on QB reps

Let’s go with history here and veer on the side of”Prob gonna end bad”..What sucks is playing JG u still get the”Prob gonna end bad”..How TF Maurer isn’t ready is beyond me.Havent saw much but more than Shrout and has to know this offense by now.JG is so frustrating similar to Marcus Mariota he make u go Whooooaa one play,and next 5 ur just like Duuuurp wtf was that.I think Chaney liked Haynes king and King kid at Miami wants a dual threat Dobbs type.However we got Kadion coming in but he’s raw and gonna take time.Shocked theu didn’t pursue a transfer if they knew our depth was this horrendous or guys aren’t ready.Has to be sumone stopping things etc it doesn’t make much sense.Chaney way to smart to see that group and think”Oh yea will be okie dokie “
They did. Unfortunately is was Kasim Hill who wasn’t that good and never was given a scholly.
yes, I was scratching my head when they went all in on King when they already had Bailey. My thoughts were CHaney wasn’t sold.

Let’s not forget that Chaney was also on the staff that told two elite college QBs “don’t bother.”

Yes these coaches can’t arrange to get the ball to speed in open space. They have failed to recruit and develop quarterbacks. The line is not mean. Henry is the only Hungary player we have. Remember back in the day when Phil was coaching we could call every play coming? UT fans have a lot of experience!!

*Hawai'i

They did. Unfortunately is was Kasim Hill who wasn’t that good and never was given a scholly.
yes, I was scratching my head when they went all in on King when they already had Bailey. My thoughts were CHaney wasn’t sold.

Let’s not forget that Chaney was also on the staff that told two elite college QBs “don’t bother.”

Good point there,he’s not made his bones off putting Qbs in the Nfl.I think he was a big name hire,comfortable with the system state,and from a season winning program lol now had he kept fields etc might have a trophy rite now let’s be honest.Im just can’t believe theu didn’t grab a transfer sumthin,all these dudes can’t be that horrible.I think Haynes king was ours and sumone stopped that over the Bailey will leave if we recruit anyone else.Bailey needs sum fire n passion he had a couple ok plays but maybe while team gettin whooped don’t help,but he just looked stale he’ll they all did..Idk man sumthin doesn’t add up

True. Chaney always preferred a gunslinger QB...he liked Eason and Fields but smart chose Fromm...the "safe" option...
And here the same thing is happening except JG sucks

I've always wondered about this, while I do not think he could bring us to victory if he played this week, I honestly wonder if we ran the plays he was comfortable with, if throwing him in this fire wouldnt be of benefit later on. As in, he starts and takes reps against probably the toughest team in college football seems like everything else would be downhill in the defenses he would face. example: when I went to UT and Pat was still there, her girls practiced against some pretty good guys during scrimmage and what not. This stiff competition (no pun intended) seemed to make them better prepared to play gameday. (Not trying to be sexist saying men are better athletes than women, etc, etc.........but.........)

If anyone is a college player on here and could shed light on how this scenario would affect confidence + or -, and future preparedness I'd be interested to hear.
they have a scheme they want to run. /story

Word I'm hearing is that Coach is planning to head over to fraternity row on Saturday morning and give an unsuspecting local kid a shot. A page out of the Dooley files.

Reactions: Volsonyourface

Who were they?

Agree. But Pruitt has already said he is. And apparently from what Hubbs and AP said, the majority of the staff agree JG gives them the best chance to win. So regardless of what we dumb fans think, JG is starting.

I have spoken to staff memeber and I don't care whats said in the media I know the truth. Coach speak is stupid to me but I guess guys don't want to speak against the boss or that's understood that it doesn't happen, which I like Lmao. They know we have no chance with JG, and as a good staff does you just kp the bs in house. One day the fans will rip out the paper sacks and Boos though and its gonna hurt them really bad on TV and recruiting. So like I told a coach yesterday whats the difference between the same mistake occurring from a true/ rs freshman and a 5th yr senior, NOT a damn thang so play the younger guys and gv them a chance to find a rhythm or groove. This is why I loved Spurrier. The best qb played if he couldn't get it done nexxxxxxxt.

He’s referencing Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty...but that was Kiffin’s call.

Tahj Boyd stung but with Doolittle as HC I dont think Boyd becomes the QB that he did at Clemson. Or he would have decommitted when Kiff split.

VN Store

Back