'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Kentucky Pregame/Game Thread

One of the worse games I’ve ever seen my Vols play. Just down rite pitiful.

Really wish we would go away from RPOs and get back to Single back and trips formations. Can’t stand watching us line up in Shotgun all the time.

Changes need to be made with ALL personnel.

QB needs to be changed period. New blood and ride with them.

We were really exposed at how far we have fallen when it comes to developing players.

Honestly, we should be 1-3 rite now. SC should have beat us if not for the late turnover.

But the really bad news is, I broke my Damn Calloway B21 driver today after JG threw the second pick 6. 😤

When JG plays everyone loses.

Really wish we would go away from RPOs and get back to Single back and trips formations. Can’t stand watching us line up in Shotgun all the time.

We were really exposed at how far we have fallen when it comes to developing players.

Honestly, we should be 1-3 rite now. SC should have beat us if not for the late turnover.

But the really bad news is, I broke my Damn Calloway B21 driver today after JG threw the second pick 6. 😤

Bailey the starter now?

Reactions: UTSuave’

Has JG focused too hard on assistants that can recruit, and not enough on coaches that can actually coach?

Dammit. That should be JP. So pissed at JG I'm now typing his initials instead of coach's.

Last edited:
Bailey the starter now?

If I’m coach, I’m starting HB. Let the kid learn on the fly. May not be pretty at first but once he settles in and gets used to the game speed, it may “Click” sooner rather than later.

I mean, what could it hurt? Barring injury, he may turn some heads. Only problem is, you’d have to simplify the offense so much that defenses could pick up on some things.

Has JG focused too hard on assistants that can recruit, and not enough on coaches that can actually coach?

Listen, some kids just don’t have it. Period. Not gonna bash the kid cause he’s a good young man and has a great family. But at the end of the day, it’s about wins and losses.

If I’m coach, I’m starting HB. Let the kid learn on the fly. May not be pretty at first but once he settles in and gets used to the game speed, it may “Click” sooner rather than later.

I mean, what could it hurt? Barring injury, he may turn some heads. Only problem is, you’d have to simplify the offense so much that defenses could pick up on some things.

I saw Casey Clausen personally

Listen, some kids just don’t have it. Period. Not gonna bash the kid cause he’s a good young man and has a great family. But at the end of the day, it’s about wins and losses.
Not talking about JG. Agree that he's just a lost cause. But there are other positions I would expect to be doing better than they are. Why are we having such a hard time developing players?

“Stacking the box” is really beside the point. The way we’ve been played now since Georgia is really just squatting and teams are crowding the LOS and taking away the flats and squatting on anything short. Basically daring us to throw it deep.

11 personnel is really our only way to play right now because we literally don’t have TEs, let alone ones that are really a threat.
Yep. Which is weird because JG has a pretty deep throw.

Thought we landed a really good TE recently? Did he not pan out?

This loss is unacceptable. Pruitts absurd press conferences and willingness to play JG has reached its limit. We deserve better than a stubborn head coach who keeps getting his doors blown off by teams. We should not be getting blown out by anyone especially not Kentucky. If Bailey doesn’t start next week, Fulmer won’t be able to shield Pruitt from the backlash. Arkansas looks better coached than us and that scares me.

This loss is unacceptable. Pruitts absurd press conferences and willingness to play JG has reached its limit. We deserve better than a stubborn head coach who keeps getting his doors blown off by teams. We should not be getting blown out by anyone especially not Kentucky. If Bailey doesn’t start next week, Fulmer won’t be able to shield Pruitt from the backlash. Arkansas looks better coached than us and that scares me.
They will throttle us if they play the way they have been and we play the way we have been.

VN Store

Back