'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Kentucky Pregame/Game Thread

Has JG focused too hard on assistants that can recruit, and not enough on coaches that can actually coach?

By god I can tell you the problem...he’s been coddled into thinking because he’s never had the same OC two years in a row that it’s a legit excuse!...y’all should have seen the writing on the wall when he shared a tweet about him not having the same OC..before the season started he was already looking for an excuse to fall back on. Dude is a loser.

By god I can tell you the problem...he’s been coddled into thinking because he’s never had the same OC two years in a row that it’s a legit excuse!...y’all should have seen the writing on the wall when he shared a tweet about him not having the same OC..before the season started he was already looking for an excuse to fall back on. Dude is a loser.
That was supposed to be JP. Just noticed I said JG instead. I meant has Pruitt put too much emphasis on coaches that recruit, and not enough on coaches that can actually coach and develop players?

Reactions: UTSuave’
Most painful part about today was you could see players start to give up. That hurt. And I want to be mad at them for it, but I can't when you have a coach showing loyalty to a QB that continues to hurt you on the field.

That frustrates the hell out of me.

Seen that too.

I totally expect to lose next week. It'll be painful, but let's be honest, Bama is just a better team. But after that, we should expect more. Not saying we'll get it, but Pruitt needs to right this train.

I'm still All VOL and I'm looking forward to another Gary Danielson, CBS game of the week against bama. It's going to be awesome.
Keep the faith VN.

***I just hope some fresh, fried crappie will ease my pain this evening.
If you are what you eat, this team ate crappie last night because that's how they played today.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

I thought this staff was supposed to be a lot better than this.
If we can't develop, then that sucks. We aren't going outrecruit uga and bama (yet). But if we can't outdevelop or outscheme them and UF, that is a real problem. UF and Bama have the scheme advantage on offense imo. We are fine on defense, but no real advantage vs Smart and Saban himself...it's a wash.

We need an advantage. Don't see one rn.

Likely. I think we might squeak by Auburn and will beat Vandy. So that will be what a 4-6 season? Ain’t that grand?
Certainly not 'grand' but it was always well on the table. Just as much as 6-4 was. 5-5 was the middle and a normal distribution around it.

3-7 and 7-3 were the outliers. Finishing 6-4 or 4-6 shouldn't be surprising at all.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Imo the mythical "know how to win" talk is BS. Sure, maybe a SMALL bit of margin is being experienced in tight situations...but "experienced" usually just means you are better than the opponent. That is the correlation, not some seasoned experience in close games. Kids won in youth ball, won in HS...come into college and go 5-7...did they forget how to "learn to win". Don't think so. Making plays is making plays. I've never seen players "learn" how to be clutch.

But losing by 3+ TDs in b2b games has nothing to do with it. These aren't close games. Not attacking ya Marco, just discussing 😁 and not very happy after that game

I’m talking more about other areas besides being in tight games.

This is a team that lacks focus. Who’s fault? I don’t know. But clearly they lack focus. In games it shows with all the penalties and mental mistakes.

Not a big leap to say they lack focus in their preparation.

That’s the “not knowing how to win” I’m talking about.

Yep. Which is weird because JG has a pretty deep throw.

Thought we landed a really good TE recently? Did he not pan out?

I’ve never thought JG was a threat to consistently and accurately their balls 20+ yards. Which isn’t the end of the world a lot of QBs aren’t which is why i put more of the blame for these last two on Chaney and Especially our OL than i do JG. JG is what is he is at this point. I mean didn’t anyone truly in their minds not heart think he was going to be THAT much better this year? The guy has had 4 different offenses and hasn’t really popped in any of them. Props to Tyson Helton because he did a pretty good job of masking Jg and basically asked him to do nothing. To me our game plans have smelled of arrogance imo. Chaney is calling an offense like we have Tyler bray back there and like this OL has been an elite unit. You will not win that way. This is why i thought Maurer was our best option at QB if he could stay healthy because we really ran a totally different offense for him that was full of RPOs and quick reads. He may not be the better player but I thought he was better for our team

Reactions: jave36 and AppStVol

VN Store

Back