What Other Message Boards are Saying-UGA

I'm not here to change minds, especially one as limited as yours. I only want to talk football with fans of other teams.

Yeah, I'm done with this too.

tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

I might have said this already, but this is UGA's game to lose. UT is close, but just not quite there yet. Next year I expect even footing in Neyland.

As one of the predictable and ever-obnoxious UGA trolls pointed out in another post, in another thread, there are (according to him) 25 5-star players in the SEC East, and UGA has 23 of them. My goodness, what a dominating fact. And yet...

In 4 years under Kirby, they have won the SEC East 3 times, won the SEC once (thus, lost twice), and are 0-1 in the FBS National Championship Game. In other words, 40 years and (still) counting since their last NC. And while UT's football fortunes have seen an all-time low over the last 10 years, at least we still have an 18 year advantage over UGA since we won our last NC.

But hey, at least they got there, right?

Kirby inherited a loaded roster; has recruited lights-out; and still can't get past Bama. Or LSU, last year. Pruitt inherited a roster thinner than a Kenyan marathon runner (yeah, I used that before here), and in 2 years has somehow managed to get UT to the point where we actually believe...and might have...a chance to knock off the Kings of the East.

If Pruitt ever gets 23 5-star players, Saban will retire, and Kirby will own a condo in Orlando for his annual January trip to the Citrus Bowl. Kirby's a great recruiter, and a good coach...but Pruitt will steal his lunch and pants him every time on a level playing field.

So if not this year, then next, and after that I think for many years to come. UT is ascending. UGA has peaked. It is what it is.

Go Vols.

I might have said this already, but this is UGA's game to lose. UT is close, but just not quite there yet. Next year I expect even footing in Neyland.

As one of the predictable and ever-obnoxious UGA trolls pointed out in another post, in another thread, there are (according to him) 25 5-star players in the SEC East, and UGA has 23 of them. My goodness, what a dominating fact. And yet...

In 4 years under Kirby, they have won the SEC East 3 times, won the SEC once (thus, lost twice), and are 0-1 in the FBS National Championship Game. In other words, 40 years and (still) counting since their last NC. And while UT's football fortunes have seen an all-time low over the last 10 years, at least we still have an 18 year advantage over UGA since we won our last NC.

But hey, at least they got there, right?

Kirby inherited a loaded roster; has recruited lights-out; and still can't get past Bama. Or LSU, last year. Pruitt inherited a roster thinner than a Kenyan marathon runner (yeah, I used that before here), and in 2 years has somehow managed to get UT to the point where we actually believe...and might have...a chance to knock off the Kings of the East.

If Pruitt ever gets 23 5-star players, Saban will retire, and Kirby will own a condo in Orlando for his annual January trip to the Citrus Bowl. Kirby's a great recruiter, and a good coach...but Pruitt will steal his lunch and pants him every time on a level playing field.

So if not this year, then next, and after that I think for many years to come. UT is ascending. UGA has peaked. It is what it is.

Go Vols.

That math doesn't add up. Saying the entire East outside of UGA has only two 5* players is ridiculous.

I'm not here to change minds, especially one as limited as yours. I only want to talk football with fans of other teams.
You might start practicing not insulting said fan base of the team of those you wish to “talk football” with? No one here is stupid. Most here know football unlike any fan base I’ve ever talked too. So “talking” football, you’re in the right place. But there couldn’t be a worse choice of fans to insult.

Similar situation to Fromm/Eason! I agree UGA fans are concerned that he transferred away from competition but if he is as advertised he will be an upgrade from Stetson. Monken hand picked him once he was hired.
You say that but Bennett has been fantastic. Just think how good he has to be to become the starting QB at a top 5 school when he’s listed at 5’11” and 190 lbs. At that size coaches at every single P5 school automatically assume he’s too small so he has to be even better than the bigger QBs to overcome that. As much as I hate it, the kid has been impressive.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Ag
You say that but Bennett has been fantastic. Just think how good he has to be to become the starting QB at a top 5 school when he’s listed at 5’11” and 190 lbs. At that size coaches at every single P5 school automatically assume he’s too small so he has to be even better than the bigger QBs to overcome that. As much as I hate it, the kid has been impressive.
Agreed but there were a few throws that scared me last weekend that a better secondary would intercept. He had one long 49 yard completion that was a TD if he didn’t underthrow. What I do love about him is how mobile he is.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Ag
Agreed but there were a few throws that scared me last weekend that a better secondary would intercept. He had one long 49 yard completion that was a TD if he didn’t underthrow. What I do love about him is how mobile he is.
You would certainly know better than I. It’ll be interesting to see if Daniels get any PT.

I think you’re underestimating how much talent Fromm had around him. He was a little more than a game manager. Fromm had tons more talent around him than any other QB you listed. There is a reason he fell in the draft and will never see an NFL field.
It boils down to wins and losses. His W/L record as QB was really good.

It boils down to wins and losses. His W/L record as QB was really good.
Exactly. From had a good career particular up until Chaney left. He actually played pretty well the times UGA played against Bama...in the National championship game, Pruitt just adjusted better than Chaney was moreso what it amounted to and Tua made plays offensively for Bama in the second half. In the 2018 SEC championship game against Bama, Fromm made some really good throws. I don’t think UGA currently has a QB on the roster that’s anywhere as good as THAT version of a Fromm.

I’ve been reading this thread because it’s entertaining. I haven’t seen anyone on this board underestimate UGA. In fact I’ve seen a lot of acknowledgement that UT COULD get beat this weekend. Reading the comments from yourself and zippy it seems YOU are the ones doing the underestimating. There is this confidence and arrogance that’s exudes from your posts as if there’s no way we can compete. How quickly you forget how well we competed last year with a less talented/experienced o line, no speed on the outside and a freshman qb that wasn’t ready to play. This years team has more experience, more talent up front, and a LOT more speed on the outside. I don’t see your D line manhandling our O line. That’s just ridiculous. How many guys do you think you have that can manhandle Trey Smith? Wanya Morris? Cade Mays etc? I think you’re going to have to blitz to get pressure or start pumping the roids .....like TODAY. Our D line is flying under the radar and our secondary is no joke either. This game has the potential of a blowout (one way or the other) or highly competitive depending on how both both QBs play vs the stiffest competition they’ve faced to this point.

Don’t be so confident..... there’s a 50% chance you could make a fool of yourself.
@butchna would be proud of you right now.... you said “we” in reference to Tennessee.

VN Store

Back