'21 GA RB Cody Brown

My son once played in a soccer tournament in Greeneville and also, attended a soccer camp there at Furman. So, I have been to Greeneville and I did enjoy my weekend there. Actually, Greeneville kinda reminded me of Knoxville, a little and that's good thing, imo. Home of BI-LO grocery stores, iIrc.
The GreenEville Sun is in TN. Furman is in Greenville SC, no third E in GREENVILLE.

Reactions: BucVol98
You mean our LB just took one to the house? Nice!

He's definitely playing RB and I'm betting he's gonna be our #2 behind Gray next season. Brown and Gray will make a great duo in '21, with each getting close to equal touch's. Like 55/45 or something close to that. Then Brown starts after Eric is gone. Very excited about Brown and think he becomes a beast for us running the ball. JMO

He's definitely playing RB and I'm betting he's gonna be our #2 behind Gray next season. Brown and Gray will make a great duo in '21, with each getting close to equal touch's. Like 55/45 or something close to that. Then Brown starts after Eric is gone. Very excited about Brown and think he becomes a beast for us running the ball. JMO
Brown and Gray in orange has a nice ring to it.

The GreenEville Sun is in TN. Furman is in Greenville SC, no third E in GREENVILLE.

36wcl5.jpg

dude is big back. need that.

cant wait to see Hodge line up. felt like we coulda broken some bigger runs in second level last night.

Reactions: T Dog
dude is big back. need that.

cant wait to see Hodge line up. felt like we coulda broken some bigger runs in second level last night.
I hope Dee gets better quick. Want to see what he can do also. We need a big back this year, hope hodge can be it. Want crouch to focus on LB duties to get better there.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chandler comes back as well

This kid has a Mark Ingram type feel to him. Wasn’t Ingram a 3-star, kind of slower prospect coming out of HS but he was big and could break tackles?

This kid has a Mark Ingram type feel to him. Wasn’t Ingram a 3-star, kind of slower prospect coming out of HS but he was big and could break tackles?
Ingram may be a good comparison. It seems to me that the scouting report on Brown is that he's a big RB and fast enough to play RB in the SEC but he isn't a burner that will just outrun people. His characteristics that get the most praise, in addition to his size, are his balance, his ability to shed/break tackles (partially due to size and partially due to his balance), and feel for the position. It remains to be seen if he can do that at the SEC-level and if his characteristics will translate, but I think many of our fans underestimate how important balance is for a RB. Kamara, for example, is not a burner (although he's likely much faster than Brown) but he has elite balance and so he breaks tackles despite not being a huge RB and he's one of the best RBs in the NFL. So, no clue what Brown will do at UT but I know I am excited he's a Vol.

Ingram was listed at 5-10, 195 coming out of HS. Even now, as a 10th year pro, he is listed at 215 lbs. Brown is already listed at 6-0, 227 lbs. Just based on size at the same age, I'd guess Brown plays a little more physically. Interestingly, Ingram was actually listed as an "athlete" coming out of HS instead of solely as a RB. Guessing he could have fit in at a couple positions.

Brown reminds me more of a modern day LenDale White, or for a more recent comparison, Zach Charbonnet of Michigan.

Reactions: KeepinUpWithJones
Ingram was listed at 5-10, 195 coming out of HS. Even now, as a 10th year pro, he is listed at 215 lbs. Brown is already listed at 6-0, 227 lbs. Just based on size at the same age, I'd guess Brown plays a little more physically. Interestingly, Ingram was actually listed as an "athlete" coming out of HS instead of solely as a RB. Guessing he could have fit in at a couple positions.

Brown reminds me more of a modern day LenDale White, or for a more recent comparison, Zach Charbonnet of Michigan.

That’s interesting I didn’t realize Ingram was that small out of HS.

LenDale White seems like a good comparison.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back