#5 Florida at Ole Miss Game Thread (ESPN, 12PM EDT)

I think his point is, Florida's D ain't exactly looking stellar. Florida ain't gonna be able to get into shootouts with the upper half of the SEC and win all of them

Agreed. Got to find some answers fast.

If our offense game plan isn’t throwing it deep when we play Florida, I’ll question our play calling

JG is capable of throwing one on one balls. Will we have a WR that steps up in place of Callaway for doing that though?

Florida's defense already looks tired and Kiffin did nothing in the first half to make them tires.

I think his point is, Florida's D ain't exactly looking stellar. Florida ain't gonna be able to get into shootouts with the upper half of the SEC and win all of them
I wasn’t disputing his point .

If our offense game plan isn’t throwing it deep when we play Florida, I’ll question our play calling
That's how this offense was originally designed... spread the field. Kiffin should let his coaches coach.

Does anyone remember the Miami v. Florida game last year? Remember that cluster f*** of a game. It's the first game, everyone relax. I am sure Florida will make sacrifices on their alter to Baal and things will turn around.

I want to thank Lane for putting in the running QB on first and second down when they’ve averaging like 40+ yards a completion.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
Does anyone remember the Miami v. Florida game last year? Remember that cluster f*** of a game. It's the first game, everyone relax. I am sure Florida will make sacrifices on their alter to Baal and things will turn around.

We started Franks instead of Trask.

That’s on Mullen.

Don’t be too alarmed by the defense, they were shaky against Miami at first last year as well. Plus, they’ve got some dudes out; Stewart, Moon, Campbell, Davis (ejected). All starters. They’ll be fine.

True, but I recall Florida being sloppy on both sides of the ball.

It wasn’t our best effort for sure.

But knowing what we know now about Trask, we likely don’t need a fourth quarter defensive stop to beat what was a very average Miami squad.

Franks kept the Canes alive damn near all by himself.

True freshman back there with that ejection earlier.

Understandable of course. I ain't writing UFs secondary completely off or anything. First game, Ole Miss should have a decent offense in general, I'm just pointing out that the position played rather poorly for UFs standard. They've been one of the best programs at that group for the last decade plus

Looks like the thugs on drugs will win this one. Too bad.
Hope they fall apart as the season develops.

VN Store

Back