#5 Florida at Ole Miss Game Thread (ESPN, 12PM EDT)

My lack of panic regarding the defense stems from the fact that there was one Gigantic issue in the game (the deep middle, usually safeties) and not all over the place.

That's just my opinion. But, they better get it fixed.

I also, because it wasn't mentioned much, am disappointed about the lack of pass rush as much as anything.

Run defense was really impressive though, I will say that

Hes not wrong. Stewart and Davis are easily our best safeties.

No excuses for the scrubs backing them up. Make a damn play.

I mean that's fair, I'm not denying that at all. But at the same time, it's the SEC. Gotta have quality depth or you're toast

And by the way, so as to be fair both ways.....

I don't think the Florida offense is as good as they showed today either. I think when they win the line of scrimmage, it will look pretty damn good. But, I don't know how often they are going to win the line of scrimmage that decisively.

Reactions: UTK
And by the way, so as to be fair both ways.....

I don't think the Florida offense is as good as they showed today either. I think when they win the line of scrimmage, it will look pretty damn good. But, I don't know how often they are going to win the line of scrimmage that decisively.

They're a top 3 offense in the SEC easily imo. But Ole miss is probably the worst defense in the league. It'll be interesting to see how the UF offense plays going forward. UF is a very intriguing team this year after that game one.

They're a top 3 offense in the SEC easily imo. But Ole miss is probably the worst defense in the league. It'll be interesting to see how the UF offense plays going forward. UF is a very intriguing team this year after that game one.

Our offense will play against better defenses and not score 51 points, and our defense will play against offenses not coached up by Lane Kiffin, with its best players.

Reactions: Credo and UTK
Our offense will play against better defenses and not score 51 points, and our defense will play against offenses not coached up by Lane Kiffin, with its best players.

Truth. I wanna see this UF offense against a decent defense. And I wanna see the secondary vs a bad offense. In theory that could be next week with South Carolina maybe.

Like all of us, I had absolutely no idea what to expect today. It’s survive and advance for everyone, for these first few games. Before the game, if you had offered me a 51-35 win for the Gators, with the defense looking like complete crap, I would have taken that all day long.

Like all of us, I had absolutely no idea what to expect today. It’s survive and advance for everyone, for these first few games. Before the game, if you had offered me a 51-35 win for the Gators, with the defense looking like complete crap, I would have taken that all day long.

Looked like crap without Moon, Stewart and Davis.

That said, our secondary looked like DBPoo.

Reactions: Credo

Trust me, you take a week one win no matter what. Found that out the hard way last year

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back