#5 Florida at Ole Miss Game Thread (ESPN, 12PM EDT)

Stat of the day:

Two players in sec history have thrown 6 touchdowns in a conference opener. Kyle Trask and Joe Burrow.

Reactions: Credo
51-29. We’ll be fine. Enjoy.

Congrats. There's nothing wrong with being happy with a win. I'm praying my team just finds a way to beat ****** SC by one point tonight. Lol

But your words would be taken more seriously if you say things like "our pass defense SHOULD get better, or "I think they will get better." Saying "will" like it's written in stone makes you sound silly

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
And I'm not hating on you. You're a fan. It's what fans do. You believe in your team, I've said my fair share of silly stuff like it was written in stone hundreds of times lmao

Congrats. There's nothing wrong with being happy with a win. I'm praying my team just finds a way to beat ****** SC by one point tonight. Lol

But your words would be taken more seriously if you say things like "our pass defense SHOULD get better, or "I think they will get better." Saying "will" like it's written in stone makes you sound silly
I hope your coaches are afflicted with chronic hemorrhoids this year.

Defense definitely needs to improve. I have zero trouble saying that.

I also have no trouble looking around at the personnel on the field, and those who will join soon, combined with the same coaching staff, combined with a really really sloppily start on defense last year, and conclude that I think they will improve.

I’m just glad football is back! Good luck tonight.

Firegrantham.com

Its crazy that Sec teams just pass the same offensive and defensive coordinators around over and over...like no other successful coaches could cut it in the SEC. Kiffin and many others are proof that a good coach is a good coach, as far as coordinators go anyway. Running a program is different. Need a whole different skillset...

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Defense definitely needs to improve. I have zero trouble saying that.

I also have no trouble looking around at the personnel on the field, and those who will join soon, combined with the same coaching staff, combined with a really really sloppily start on defense last year, and conclude that I think they will improve.

I’m just glad football is back! Good luck tonight.

Thanks. I really don't know what to expect with half the team being constantly out of practice. Makes me nervous as hell

My lack of panic regarding the defense stems from the fact that there was one Gigantic issue in the game (the deep middle, usually safeties) and not all over the place.

That's just my opinion. But, they better get it fixed.

I also, because it wasn't mentioned much, am disappointed about the lack of pass rush as much as anything.

Reactions: Jaws and UTK
Thanks. I really don't know what to expect with half the team being constantly out of practice. Makes me nervous as hell

I'd like to think the virus interrupting practices has something to do with this defensive collapse, but then I see the offense firing on all cylinders and have to wonder.

My lack of panic regarding the defense stems from the fact that there was one Gigantic issue in the game (the deep middle, usually safeties) and not all over the place.

That's just my opinion. But, they better get it fixed.

I also, because it wasn't mentioned much, am disappointed about the lack of pass rush as much as anything.

The safeties were the MAIN problem but tackling has been poor, as well.

VN Store

Back