Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well VN brothers and sisters, my boy decide to get baptized this past weekend. To say that was an emotional moment is an understatement. With all the chaos abound, these type of events remind me how grateful I am for this life. Just thought I would share as I’m a proud father.
I remember when mine did, it’s the biggest load off of any parent. Congratulations.

Well VN brothers and sisters, my boy decide to get baptized this past weekend. To say that was an emotional moment is an understatement. With all the chaos abound, these type of events remind me how grateful I am for this life. Just thought I would share as I’m a proud father.

Awesome! Praise God and happy to have another brother in Christ!

And I read the opposite. Norv Turner was sweating over possibly losing out on Heath and raves about his arm strength after working him out. Pored over Combine reports and scout evaluations from Street&Smith and USA Today being the devout draftnik in those days. Can honestly attest that today’s the first time I’ve heard your angle of arm weakness. I can confirm it wasn’t canon. He was known for his arm strength and it was his failure to adapt to the next level that damned his pro success...not physical limitations.
Just stating two bits of information I received back then and I was following Shulernback then. Because a report goes out that he did not have exceptional arm strength and was a little below NFL arm strength does not mean he was weak armed.

I dont care where the report came from, it was wrong.
I don’t think his arm strength was exceptional by NFL standards. The arm strength was hyped by some organizations whether UT or sports news. It made one believe that he had Joe Namath arm strength ( if Namaths rumors about arm strength are true).

🧡🧡🧡

Just stating two bits of information I received back then and I was following Shulernback then. Because a report goes out that he did not have exceptional arm strength and was a little below NFL arm strength does not mean he was weak armed.
Sure! It was ONE report that you rode with contrary to the consensus. Most of us who were alive and had the ability of eyesight knew his arm was ridiculous.

I don’t think his arm strength was exceptional by NFL standards. The arm strength was hyped by some organizations whether UT or sports news. It made one believe that he had Joe Namath arm strength ( if Namaths rumors about arm strength are true).
They didn’t have your reports in the early 60’s. They know the ball got there in a damn hurry. 😎

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
His steps were over choppy to a fault in college. He corrected early in his pro career. I watched him for 4 years. Manning is my favorite player of all time and I believe he is better than Brady before someone states I am anti-Manning or slighting him.
Peyton did a Gameday segment in his sophomore or junior season and explained why he kept his legs moving. It was misinterpreted as “happy feet” by outsiders but it was by design. He did go the other way after entering the pros as you stated.

They didn’t have your reports in the early 60’s. They know the ball got there in a damn hurry. 😎
I’m not sure what you are stating but Namath had a reputation at one time of having one of the strongest arms ever. The hype regarding Shuler would lead one to believe that he was going to be one of the strongest NFL arms ever. Simply was not true. Shuler was simply middle of the pack at best.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you are stating but Namath had a reputation at one time of having one of the strongest arms ever. The hype regarding Shuler would lead one to believe that he was going to be one of the strongest NFL arms ever. Simply was not true. Shuler was simply middle of them pack at best.
Not true just because you got a “report”. So Namath had “hype” and also had a strong arm. So did Heath.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I’ve never understood why nfl teams don’t just run out the clock in situations like this last minute. No way I’d risk Brees or Kamara getting hurt running those last 2-3 plays

Boom! Praying for his continued growth towards Christ.

Peyton did a Gameday segment in his sophomore or junior season and explained why he kept his legs moving. It was misinterpreted as “happy feet” by outsiders but it was by design. He did go the other way after entering the pros as you stated.
Thanks , Well you just agreed with me. My first post stated he did not have happy feet by panicking. I thought it was just his personal style of staying balanced. I believe he did the right thing by eliminating it in the NFL. I know Florida Gators were big in stating Manning had happy feet because he was scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back