Saturday Scrimmage Notes

The Mizzou game last year for example..
He played very well that game, nobody can deny that. The problem is that he didn’t build off of that. It’s like he’ll take 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards. Those 2 steps were Vandy and Indiana. Yes we won those games, but we were able to overcome JG’s poor performances. I obviously really want to see Mizzou JG more often than not, but I don’t know how people expect others not to be skeptical after wild inconsistency over the course of his career.

One thing I keep seeing is that it seems our coaches are preparing for doomsday, which is a good things. Moving Lawrence around to corner to get reps, Beckwith to RB, and other positional changes, I think it's a good thing that they're preparing for the situations that may come up with quarantines and other things. Should be helpful to us.

That being said, this virus is killing us right now. We need to practice as a full team, and it just ain't happening.

Well at least we're not the only ones struggling with this quarantine issue. Aub, LSU, SCAR, Kentucky, Vandy, bama have all lost significant practices/attrition at practices due to virus concerns.

Hopefully we're getting out of our system early.

On a side note, maybe our players should be divided up in dorm rooms by position/depth chart, so you don't lose starter 2 OT and LB because of one case. Honestly, this should be good enough justification for one athlete per room.

I swear with some of y’all JG could go 22-27 300 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 Int with a win.....and you’d still hear, “well if he hadn’t have overthrown that guy in the 2nd quarter we would’ve won by more.”

Dumbest post ever. Ever. As in ever.

Has he ever, once, in 30 games started and 3 plus seasons as a starter thrown for 300 yards???

Ever?? No. No he has not.

He has a LOSING RECORD as a starter. Name another UT quarterback that started for 3 or more years that has a LOSING RECORD????

NAME 1....??????????

IS THERE ONE???

I am 43 years old. I can guaran- damn- tee you that there isn't one in the last 43 years.

Not one. None. Period. ..

You blind ignorant JG nuthuggers are the absolute worst. Is he a good guy,??? Yes, by all accounts.

Is he a good QB???

No. He NEVER has been. Ever. Pull your head out of your ass . So tired of this bullcrap.

We all hope he is good this year...again. think is, we have absolutely ZERO LOGICAL REASON To think that is the case. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. That is logic 101. Wake up and see what 95% of UT fans have seen for 3 years. Quit blaming everyone else for not expecting the same irrational results that YOU expect.

Thanks in advance...

Has he ever, once, in 30 games started and 3 plus seasons as a starter thrown for 300 yards???

He has a LOSING RECORD as a starter. Name another UT quarterback that started for 3 or more years that has a LOSING RECORD????

NAME 1....??????????

IS THERE ONE???

I am 43 years old. I can guaran- damn- tee you that there isn't one in the last 43 years.

You blind ignorant JG nuthuggers are the absolute worst. Is he a good guy,??? Yes, by all accounts.

Is he a good QB???

No. He NEVER has been. Ever. Pull your head out of your ass . So tired of this bullcrap.

We all hope he is good this year...again. think is, we have absolutely ZERO LOGICAL REASON To think that is the case. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. That is logic 101. Wake up and see what 95% of UT fans have seen for 3 years. Quit blaming everyone else for not expecting the same irrational results that YOU expect.

Thanks in advance...
I stopped reading after you said he’s never thrown for 300+ In a game. You’re wrong. Good try.

NAME 1....??????????

IS THERE ONE???

Is he a good QB???

Thanks in advance...

LMFAO

NAME 1....??????????

IS THERE ONE???

Is he a good QB???

Thanks in advance...
Maybe you meant 3 tds??? But missouri he threw for 300+

South Carolina? Auburn? Miss St? Kentucky?

He’s not the GOAT, I’m in no way insinuating that..I get frustrated too...but I don’t believe he’s as bad as some make him out to be. I also hope Bailey or Salter is the answer at QB moving forward.
Salter is too undersized. Pulaski said so.

NAME 1....??????????

IS THERE ONE???

Is he a good QB???

Thanks in advance...
He also threw for over 300 vs GAST last year. I’d have to check but I do think Auburn (2018), Mizzou (2019), and GAST (2019) are his only 300 yard games. I could be missing one or two though

He also threw for over 300 vs GAST last year. I’d have to check but I do think Auburn (2018), Mizzou (2019), and GAST (2019) are his only 300 yard games. I could be missing one or two though

He should have double digit 300 yard games. As often as we've been behind and he's had to throw it all over the place to try and come back and win,. you know like the Ga St game we lost, he's had more than ample opportunities.

Reactions: 08Vol and LittleVol
He should have double digit 300 yard games. As often as we've been behind and he's had to throw it all over the place to try and come back and win,. you know like the Ga St game we lost, he's had more than ample opportunities.
It’s hard to disagree with that. With that many starts 300 yard games should be the norm at this point of his career. But I also cant disagree with those that think he will improve with a second year under the same OC. While I’m at it, how can I disagree with those that think his flaws are innate? No matter how you feel about JG there’s legit reasons to feel that way. So I try not to pile on the kid and hope he gets it right.

Please explain how he should have double digit 300 yard games when he's only had 6 games his entire career where he had more than 28 attempts in a game. You guys have no idea sometimes it seems. Under Pruitt, to date, we have averaged somewhere between 20-25 passing attempts per game. We'd have to average 15 yards a completion for 10 games or more to accomplish what you claim JG should have already done. Keep troll coaching from your couch though, it's entertaining at least.

It’s hard to disagree with that. With that many starts 300 yard games should be the norm at this point of his career. But I also cant disagree with those that think he will improve with a second year under the same OC. While I’m at it, how can I disagree with those that think his flaws are innate? No matter how you feel about JG there’s legit reasons to feel that way. So I try not to pile on the kid and hope he gets it right.
300 yards passing is never the “norm” in this league. C’mon dude

300 yards passing is never the “norm” in this league. C’mon dude
I wouldn’t say “never” the norm” just a year removed from Joe Burrow averaging 370 a game. However, now that you pointed it out, maybe I mis chose my word. I meant it should be a more common occurrence than it is with JG.

I wouldn’t say “never” the norm” just a year removed from Joe Burrow averaging 370 a game. However, now that you pointed it out, maybe I mis chose my word. I meant it should be a more common occurrence than it is with JG.
Why? He's thrown more than 25 passes in a game like 7 or 8 times. Dumbest thing I've read this year saying 300 yrds a game should be common occurrence in UT football. Another fake a$$ narrative by the neverJGers.

JGs biggest problem is himself. I don’t think he has what it takes mentally to get the job done. The guy is talented for sure. But he dwells in his mistakes in games. Makes him more timid and makes him second guess himself on his throws. Just my 2 cents. Not that you nice young gentleman asked for it.

Why? He's thrown more than 25 passes in a game like 7 or 8 times. Dumbest thing I've read this year saying 300 yrds a game should be common occurrence in UT football. Another fake a$$ narrative by the neverJGers.
You keep putting me in your self proclaimed “never JGers” column without the knowledge that I’m not. I’ve repeatedly said I hope he does well. I’ve said he SHOULD start. I’ve said this is his team until someone steps up and that he deserves a shot before any of the others. But I’m a “never JGer” because I don’t believe he’s the most talented qb on the roster? Give me a break! Guess what.....like it or not he’s not. He’s just the most experienced. In terms of talent I think he’s tied for third with JTS. He can’t compete with BM or HB in terms of accuracy, pocket awareness or leadership. He’s neck to neck with both HB and JTS in mobility. And none of them can compete with BM when a play breaks down. In terms of arm strength he’s third behind JTS and BM. Yes HB is last contrary to popular belief. I know you hate it but pound for pound BM is still the most talented qb on the roster. There’s just no substitute for experience.

Reactions: OrangeShades

NAME 1....??????????

IS THERE ONE???

Is he a good QB???

Thanks in advance...
He has thrown for over 300 yards in a few games.
I certainly hope you feel as stupid as your post looked.

Reactions: TennTom and FBtime
You keep putting me in your self proclaimed “never JGers” column without the knowledge that I’m not. I’ve repeatedly said I hope he does well. I’ve said he SHOULD start. I’ve said this is his team until someone steps up and that he deserves a shot before any of the others. But I’m a “never JGer” because I don’t believe he’s the most talented qb on the roster? Give me a break! Guess what.....like it or not he’s not. He’s just the most experienced. In terms of talent I think he’s tied for third with JTS. He can’t compete with BM or HB in terms of accuracy, pocket awareness or leadership. He’s neck to neck with both HB and JTS in mobility. And none of them can compete with BM when a play breaks down. In terms of arm strength he’s third behind JTS and BM. Yes HB is last contrary to popular belief. I know you hate it but pound for pound BM is still the most talented qb on the roster. There’s just no substitute for experience.
Spin it spinner! Lol

What’s being spun? My challenge to you is to find where I’m wrong....... I’ll wait.
Keep waiting because debating with you is pointless, you have one view only and it's a ridiculously tainted view. Our coaches must be absolute dummies to have our most talented QB currently sitting 4th on the depth chart, what a joke your take is. If what you say is true then BM must have a 10 cent head on his shoulders to not be able to beat out not one, but 3 guys he's more talented than. I wonder if he'll be able to beat out the 30 guys he's more talented than, according to you, in the NFL in a few years after his historic run in Knoxville. Lol, keep spinning it little spinner.

VN Store

Back