Saturday Scrimmage Notes

Umm considering recent revelation in less then13k deaths from covid alone.and 6.65 million cases....while the math may be off the point is solid...it is less deadly then the flu
..but of course you dont wanna argue because you know that when You spout of JGs stats like they are amazing while ignoring the actual play and context of said stats tells me alot about you....and a .265 hitter are a dime a dozen...but .300 singles hittera are just the same...so while .300 is better ill take a .265 Xtra base hitter over the .300 singles hitter...so we good or you have more ignorant and uniformed statements to proclaim...
Once again you can't seem to understand that 2 things can exist, I never said a kid hitting 300 and all singles was good either, but here's a little idea you might think of, maybe that kid just happens to be the best defensive SS in the area and scored 28 on his ACT, want to wager whether that type kid is a prospect or not?

Once again you can't seem to understand that 2 things can exist, I never said a kid hitting 300 and all singles was good either, but here's a little idea you might think of, maybe that kid just happens to be the best defensive SS in the area and scored 28 on his ACT, want to wager whether that type kid is a prospect or not?
Why yes that kid is a prospect....kinda like a %50 passer that and run..that like a 265 defensive SS....the 28 act prospect is like a player that maybe didnt play well but helped inspire other around while developing his skills at a higher level....they are called intangibles.....that we can agree on...see JG is kinda like a Billy Beane...all the skills but not quite at the level he should be for those skills..

Umm considering recent revelation in less then13k deaths from covid alone.and 6.65 million cases....while the math may be off the point is solid...it is less deadly then the flu
..but of course you dont wanna argue because you know that when You spout of JGs stats like they are amazing while ignoring the actual play and context of said stats tells me alot about you....and a .265 hitter are a dime a dozen...but .300 singles hittera are just the same...so while .300 is better ill take a .265 Xtra base hitter over the .300 singles hitter...so we good or you have more ignorant and uniformed statements to proclaim...
You’re part of the negavols because you disagree with his ridiculous opinions. Gotta remember, this is the guy that claims Maurer is undersized for the SEC at 6’4 200 lbs but Salter is a beast at 6’1 185. 😉

Reactions: whodeycin85
You're part of the NegaVols bunch too and fit right in. How is it that you can't comprehend that 2 things can exist when it comes to stats and performance? I have never and will never claim that stats are all that matters it's the ones that say stats don't matter at all that I think are asenine. If a kid hits .265 in high school baseball he can still be a college prospect even though I think .265 hitters are a dime a dozen. Kids determine what level player they are and a big part of that includes their statistics, a number coaches like to use to compare to players they've coached in the past, a number coaches generally know if you can play or not. Beckwith was his team in HS, put them on his back and led them to a 2nd round loss in the state playoffs 38-31 to Thompson. He led a team void of talent to a respectable 7-5 season in a well respected Al HS district. Here's a good article if you'd like to know more about Dee and his background a bit.

https://www.florala.net/sports/beck...icle_8b8fd14a-4dcb-11ea-ab5f-27f2b22873d0.htm

l've got zero interest in debating you about how athletes at all levels are evaluated mainly because I've no interest in arguing with someone who states or ever believed

And yes math can indeed be fun sometimes.

.265 in HS doesn’t translate to college baseball...

Maybe one in a hundred..if that.

Reactions: whodeycin85
.265 in HS doesn’t translate to college baseball...

Maybe one in a hundred..if that.
Lots of small schools all across the country have kids that struggled or had bad stats in HS. Baseball recruiting isn't necessarily about the talent of the player, it's about talent in the SEC and some of the top power5 baseball schools and at the top programs of their specific divisions, not so much the smaller schools. They all want talent but because how they must recruit a player, grades and test scores will get him more scholarship money than the baseball portion. Lots of .265s with good grades, 27 ACTs and money littered throughout college rosters in baseball.

Reactions: LittleVol
Lots of small schools all across the country have kids that struggled or had bad stats in HS. Baseball recruiting isn't necessarily about the talent of the player, it's about talent in the SEC and some of the top power5 baseball schools and at the top programs of their specific divisions, not so much the smaller schools. They all want talent but because how they must recruit a player, grades and test scores will get him more scholarship money than the baseball portion. Lots of .265s with good grades, 27 ACTs and money littered throughout college rosters in baseball.

Wrong. Not a lot of .265 BA in HS at the collegiate level. Lol

Not even close..

Not even close..
Youll get some in DII and DIII. I knew a few guy that did that..they do it on parti scholarship athletic and partial academic.....but it is possible but more the exception then the rule...

Reactions: Pacer92

Not even close..
If you say so, I know at least 25-30 the last 5 years alone. There are 1500+ baseball schools out there, 50,000 players and yes a bunch of them struggled statistically hitting the baseball. Most only get about 35-50% of their school cost through their baseball money, the rest comes from academic scholarship thus coaches are all the time filling their rosters with high academic kids whose baseball skills are often suspect. You can almost bet that every team in the country has 2 or 3 academic guys because they are basically free to them, some D3s and D2s have teams full of academic kids, heck, D3 doesn't even give athletic scholarships as all kids are on academic ships.

If you say so, I know at least 25-30 the last 5 years alone. There are 1500+ baseball schools out there, 50,000 players and yes a bunch of them struggled statistically hitting the baseball. Most only get about 35-50% of their school cost through their baseball money, the rest comes from academic scholarship thus coaches are all the time filling their rosters with high academic kids whose baseball skills are often suspect. You can almost bet that every team in the country has 2 or 3 academic guys because they are basically free to them, some D3s and D2s have teams full of academic kids, heck, D3 doesn't even give athletic scholarships as all kids are on academic ships.

If we are going strictly off of D2 and D3 kids...possibly some....but there are also a lot of kids that are really good HS players that play that level of college baseball. Kids that play D1 are studs at the HS level. Juco is even majority studly HS players...

.265 at the HS level isn’t good, nor is it terrible...just doesn’t translate to a lot of collegiate players, imo...

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
If we are going strictly off of D2 and D3 kids...possibly some....but there are also a lot of kids that are really good HS players that play that level of college baseball. Kids that play D1 are studs at the HS level. Juco is even majority studly HS players...

.265 at the HS level isn’t good, nor is it terrible...just doesn’t translate to a lot of collegiate players, imo...
Like I said its more about talent at all top schools at all levels, especially D1 and JUCO, D2, D3 and NAIA are where grades and test scores are as important as talent and often the main factor in players being recruited to play. I know several NAIA schools that carry 60-70 players when you combine their JV and Varsity together, those rosters may have as many as 5-10 kids on their JV that hit in the 200s in high school. Everyone focuses on the big D1s but there are many more opportunities in baseball at the lower divisions.

Reactions: Pacer92
You’re part of the negavols because you disagree with his ridiculous opinions. Gotta remember, this is the guy that claims Maurer is undersized for the SEC at 6’4 200 lbs but Salter is a beast at 6’1 185. 😉
Another false narrative by you. I've already told you once that I've not seen Salter so can't really say, in that same post I basically asked you if you had a problem understanding that the fact that size and strength come in all sizes. I'm also not sure why you cry about folks saying BM isn't physically ready. He looks to weigh about 190 soaking wet and that's a skinny scrawny 190 with very little muscle tone. 6'4 200 is skinny too generally. 6'4 frames need at least 215+ lbs with muscle to play at their best I feel, BM was nowhere close to those type numbers last season and I've not heard 1 report, not even from his lover, that he improved his weight or strength since last season. I thought JG needed weight too and am glad to see he put some on. You're the QB guru, you should know better than anybody how important the weight room is for a QB, 1 simply to get stronger in order to play better and 2 a QB can earn his teammates respect by the effort he puts in working out beside them. Whoever coaches Bailey on the side evidently knows this and was successful at helping Bailey get his body ready to play as a Fr, you failed BM by not getting him ready physically, it should have been the #1 thing you taught him.

Hoping for some good news..... thats all
Really, pretty sure all the coaches and all the players have given nothing but good reports on our 5th year Sr QB so far this year and all you've done is crap on their views or call it coachspeak. Tell us what good news you are hoping for that hasn't already been stated by Coach Pruitt, the staff and several of our players during camp.

Really, pretty sure all the coaches and all the players have given nothing but good reports on our 5th year Sr QB so far this year and all you've done is crap on their views or call it coachspeak. Tell us what good news you are hoping for that hasn't already been stated by Coach Pruitt, the staff and several of our players during camp.
DO you just like to argue over opinions??? FFS....i wanna hear someone come out and say" JG is really on another level throwing the ball...he has made leaps from last year " or something of the sort ..all we hear are about his leadership...CJP, CJC. Brandon johnson...he can lead all he wants..Wienke said his anticipation has improved.....looking for a few definitive statment to instill confidence in JG. Not coach apeak...

There’s more to the story than you THINK you know.

But I’ll keep waiting because I know you debating with me pointless. You have no ammo to defend your position vs the actual truth without making yourself less credible than you already have. That’s why you pull a KTown when you’ve lost such debates. Rather than be a man and say “you’re right, I hadn’t thought about it that way” you chose to disappear from that actual debate and ignore it. Very KTownish of you. 😉. Please prove me wrong and respond to quote 211 of “ reply to a question”. This should be interesting.
I keep seeing you act like you won some grand debate.
You didnt.
Neither did they.
But you also didn't "win".

Reactions: butchna
Isn’t that what mis speaking is? Being wrong? Where I come from that’s a way of saying “my bad”. I’m a man, dude....I don’t run from debate. I don’t disappear after losses. You and your boy should take note.
Sometimes people can't sit and reply to everything you say all day.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
You keep putting me in your self proclaimed “never JGers” column without the knowledge that I’m not. I’ve repeatedly said I hope he does well. I’ve said he SHOULD start. I’ve said this is his team until someone steps up and that he deserves a shot before any of the others. But I’m a “never JGer” because I don’t believe he’s the most talented qb on the roster? Give me a break! Guess what.....like it or not he’s not. He’s just the most experienced. In terms of talent I think he’s tied for third with JTS. He can’t compete with BM or HB in terms of accuracy, pocket awareness or leadership. He’s neck to neck with both HB and JTS in mobility. And none of them can compete with BM when a play breaks down. In terms of arm strength he’s third behind JTS and BM. Yes HB is last contrary to popular belief. I know you hate it but pound for pound BM is still the most talented qb on the roster. There’s just no substitute for experience.
Lmao. At best third most talented.

Just like his recruiting rankings and depth chart positions.

Hill was more talented than BM and he transferred.

Lmao. At best third most talented.

Just like his recruiting rankings and depth chart positions.

Hill was more talented than BM and he transferred.
Let’s hear your comparison on individual talent of the 4. Not just a smug opinion because you just don’t like him.

Rate them on:
-Accuracy (where the ball finishes)
-Pocket awareness (movement WITHIN the pocket w/out looking)
-Speed ( how fast are they when they have to run)
- Arm strength (How far they can throw)
- Leadership (how the team responds to them)
- Improvise ( when the play breaks down)
- Throw on the run (self explanatory)
And
- Delivery speed ( How fast the ball is out from load to delivery)

If you’re honest (which you’re not known to be) you’ll see WHY I say the things I do and this is just a synopsis. If you don’t respond then I’ll assume you know how bad you’ll look for NOT being honest. If you avoid participating it’s easy to understand why.

Let’s hear your comparison on individual talent of the 4. Not just a smug opinion because you just don’t like him.

Rate them on:
-Accuracy (where the ball finishes)
-Pocket awareness (movement WITHIN the pocket w/out looking)
-Speed ( how fast are they when they have to run)
- Arm strength (How far they can throw)
- Leadership (how the team responds to them)
- Improvise ( when the play breaks down)
- Throw on the run (self explanatory)
And
- Delivery speed ( How fast the ball is out from load to delivery)

If you’re honest (which you’re not known to be) you’ll see WHY I say the things I do and this is just a synopsis. If you don’t respond then I’ll assume you know how bad you’ll look for NOT being honest. If you avoid participating it’s easy to understand why.
Lol.

VN Store

Back