Saturday Scrimmage Notes

I wouldn’t say “never” the norm” just a year removed from Joe Burrow averaging 370 a game. However, now that you pointed it out, maybe I mis chose my word. I meant it should be a more common occurrence than it is with JG.
Trevor Lawrence averaged 244...and I’m counting the ACC Championship game. Otherwise he only had one 300+ yard game. Same for Justin Fields.

Keep waiting because debating with you is pointless, you have one view only and it's a ridiculously tainted view. Our coaches must be absolute dummies to have our most talented QB currently sitting 4th on the depth chart, what a joke your take is. If what you say is true then BM must have a 10 cent head on his shoulders to not be able to beat out not one, but 3 guys he's more talented than. I wonder if he'll be able to beat out the 30 guys he's more talented than, according to you, in the NFL in a few years after his historic run in Knoxville. Lol, keep spinning it little spinner.
There’s more to the story than you THINK you know.

But I’ll keep waiting because I know you debating with me pointless. You have no ammo to defend your position vs the actual truth without making yourself less credible than you already have. That’s why you pull a KTown when you’ve lost such debates. Rather than be a man and say “you’re right, I hadn’t thought about it that way” you chose to disappear from that actual debate and ignore it. Very KTownish of you. 😉. Please prove me wrong and respond to quote 211 of “ reply to a question”. This should be interesting.

There’s more to the story than you THINK you know.

But I’ll keep waiting because I know you debating with me pointless. You have no ammo to defend your position vs the actual truth without making yourself less credible than you already have. That’s why you pull a KTown when you’ve lost such debates. Rather than be a man and say “you’re right, I hadn’t thought about it that way” you chose to disappear from that actual debate and ignore it. Very KTownish of you. 😉. Please prove me wrong and respond to quote 211 of “ reply to a question”. This should be interesting.
Answer the question, do you believe he'll be able to beat out the 30 guys in the NFL you claim he's more talented than after his historic run in Knoxville?

Reactions: LittleVol
Answer the question, do you believe he'll be able to beat out the 30 guys in the NFL you claim he's more talented than after his historic run in Knoxville?
Name the 30 guys. I’ll answer the question in the “now”. Brian has a lot of growing to do and a lot of time to develop before then. I’ll tell you that a “projected”development of his skills would beat out a lot of guys that are currently playing in the NFL in today’s game. But there’s no way to compare them “now” to him “now”. It’s completely unfair.

Nah, you didn't misspeak, you obviously think 300 yard games are the norm in college football and you were proven wrong in like 2 seconds, you didn't misspeak, you were simply wrong.
Isn’t that what mis speaking is? Being wrong? Where I come from that’s a way of saying “my bad”. I’m a man, dude....I don’t run from debate. I don’t disappear after losses. You and your boy should take note.

Name the 30 guys. I’ll answer the question in the “now”. Brian has a lot of growing to do and a lot of time to develop before then. I’ll tell you that a “projected”development of his skills would beat out a lot of guys that are currently playing in the NFL in today’s game. But there’s no way to compare them “now” to him “now”. It’s completely unfair.
He doesn't appear to be the starting QB this year, doubt he's the starter next season at UT so he had better hurry up and get going on that projected development.

Am I the only person getting a good laugh from Pulaski and 1vol8 going at it over the past few weeks over multiple threads?? Lol.
My apologies. He tends to skip from one thread to attack me in the other once he’s lost for words.

Isn’t that what mis speaking is? Being wrong? Where I come from that’s a way of saying “my bad”. I’m a man, dude....I don’t run from debate. I don’t disappear after losses. You and your boy should take note.
Lol, you were nowhere to be found after that Kentucky debacle. Your boy got given an SEC start on the road and he looked absolutely shell shocked. He was awful that day, JG played well and nearly everyone to a man on this site commented that JG should be our guy those next few days, you must have been on vacation during all of that. Spin it little spinner!

Lol, you were nowhere to be found after that Kentucky debacle. Your boy got given an SEC start on the road and he looked absolutely shell shocked. He was awful that day, JG played well and nearly everyone to a man on this site commented that JG should be our guy those next few days, you must have been on vacation during all of that. Spin it little spinner!
Lmao..... are you serious? You can’t be! I was RIGHT HERE. In fact those next few days are where @sjt18 and I had our biggest disagreement. I hold to my opinion that Maurer didn’t have the ball in the first quarter (which IS true) and finishing the half with 120 yards of total offense was actually impressive given the FACT that he was coming off of injury. However I have said multiple times that the UK game WAS Maurers worst outing. But if Maurers worst day was a 120 yd quarter I’d say it’s a good problem to have. And just for the record.... I find it funny that you felt the need to skip over his first SEC start on the road vs Alabama to take a shot at him for “looking shell shocked” in a game he was returning from a head injury.

Lmao..... are you serious? You can’t be! I was RIGHT HERE. In fact those next few days are where @sjt18 and I had our biggest disagreement. I hold to my opinion that Maurer didn’t have the ball in the first quarter (which IS true) and finishing the half with 120 yards of total offense was actually impressive given the FACT that he was coming off of injury. However I have said multiple times that the UK game WAS Maurers worst outing. But if Maurers worst day was a 120 yd quarter I’d say it’s a good problem to have. And just for the record.... I find it funny that you felt the need to skip over his first SEC start on the road vs Alabama to take a shot at him for “looking shell shocked” in a game he was returning from a head injury.
A head injury that you claimed at the time wasn't even a head injury, which was it, did he suffer multiple concussions or was it something else as you claimed at the time?

A head injury that you claimed at the time wasn't even a head injury, which was it, did he suffer multiple concussions or was it something else as you claimed at the time?
I thought at first that it was a stinger vs MSU because he immediately grabbed his neck and favored his left arm (see replay). I came to learn that he was SLIGHTLY concussed as well. One week after a concussion is not enough time to heal. So playing him vs Alabama wasn’t the smartest idea imo. However they did and the next shot he took vs Alabama made the same concussion worse. So it wasn’t 2 concussions. It was ONE re aggravated injury.

I thought at first that it was a stinger vs MSU because he immediately grabbed his neck and favored his left arm (see replay). I came to learn that he was SLIGHTLY concussed as well. One week after a concussion is not enough time to heal. So playing him vs Alabama wasn’t the smartest idea imo. However they did and the next shot he took vs Alabama made the same concussion worse. So it wasn’t 2 concussions. It was ONE re aggravated injury.
I always wondered what actually happened.

I always wondered what actually happened.
It got labeled as two concussions because CJP spoke too soon at the post game presser before Maurer was evaluated by the medical staff. Bottom line is he didn’t have time to heal from MSU before taking the cheap shot at Alabama making the same concussion worse.

Btw..... after all I said in that quote, all you heard was “head injury” and chose to debate THAT? It’s like arguing with a woman.

Btw..... after all I said in that quote, all you heard was “head injury” and chose to debate THAT? It’s like arguing with a woman.
Teenage girl more like it....i mean he went after stj18 for not having enough likes.....pulaski is all about trying to get street cred...he ignores the fact JG only has 8 200 yard games in 30 plus games...ignores that people shouldnt say they are in recruiting if they rely on stats as the value of a player....i mean his own recruit Beckwith versatility got him SEC offers not his average stats in high school...which mean he passed the eye test which he says doesnt exist...he flips flops for like...like a teenage girl

Reactions: 1vol8
Teenage girl more like it....i mean he went after stj18 for not having enough likes.....pulaski is all about trying to get street cred...he ignores the fact JG only has 8 200 yard games in 30 plus games...ignores that people shouldnt say they are in recruiting if they rely on stats as the value of a player....i mean his own recruit Beckwith versatility got him SEC offers not his average stats in high school...which mean he passed the eye test which he says doesnt exist...he flips flops for like...like a teenage girl
I just love how he and his boy employ the “subject change” or “disappear” method when they know they’re losing. Neither of them can deny it either because it’s only after a good point that they become “busy” for the next three or 4 days.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Very strange for someone to fervently defend JG's play. Shows how football illiterate you are. Or maybe they only watch Tennessee football and forgot what its like to see a good QB.

Reactions: whodeycin85
You're part of the NegaVols bunch too and fit right in. How is it that you can't comprehend that 2 things can exist when it comes to stats and performance? I have never and will never claim that stats are all that matters it's the ones that say stats don't matter at all that I think are asenine. If a kid hits .265 in high school baseball he can still be a college prospect even though I think .265 hitters are a dime a dozen. Kids determine what level player they are and a big part of that includes their statistics, a number coaches like to use to compare to players they've coached in the past, a number coaches generally know if you can play or not. Beckwith was his team in HS, put them on his back and led them to a 2nd round loss in the state playoffs 38-31 to Thompson. He led a team void of talent to a respectable 7-5 season in a well respected Al HS district. Here's a good article if you'd like to know more about Dee and his background a bit.

https://www.florala.net/sports/beck...icle_8b8fd14a-4dcb-11ea-ab5f-27f2b22873d0.htm

l've got zero interest in debating you about how athletes at all levels are evaluated mainly because I've no interest in arguing with someone who states or ever believed

Point is the this virus is less deadly than the flu. .04 compared to .1.

The media has caused the panic so instead of flooding our medical system with over reaction causing the true illness to be be swallowed up...

So if your sick stay home, if its bad go to the er. If not go to work...simple. stop being sheep

Oh btw if you doubt my numbers according to world meters.com

There have been 162,418 cases and 6086 deaths...
Math is fun!!!

And yes math can indeed be fun sometimes.

You're part of the NegaVols bunch too and fit right in. How is it that you can't comprehend that 2 things can exist when it comes to stats and performance? I have never and will never claim that stats are all that matters it's the ones that say stats don't matter at all that I think are asenine. If a kid hits .265 in high school baseball he can still be a college prospect even though I think .265 hitters are a dime a dozen. Kids determine what level player they are and a big part of that includes their statistics, a number coaches like to use to compare to players they've coached in the past, a number coaches generally know if you can play or not. Beckwith was his team in HS, put them on his back and led them to a 2nd round loss in the state playoffs 38-31 to Thompson. He led a team void of talent to a respectable 7-5 season in a well respected Al HS district. Here's a good article if you'd like to know more about Dee and his background a bit.

https://www.florala.net/sports/beck...icle_8b8fd14a-4dcb-11ea-ab5f-27f2b22873d0.htm

l've got zero interest in debating you about how athletes at all levels are evaluated mainly because I've no interest in arguing with someone who states or ever believed

And yes math can indeed be fun sometimes.
Umm considering recent revelation in less then13k deaths from covid alone.and 6.65 million cases....while the math may be off the point is solid...it is less deadly then the flu
..but of course you dont wanna argue because you know that when You spout of JGs stats like they are amazing while ignoring the actual play and context of said stats tells me alot about you....and a .265 hitter are a dime a dozen...but .300 singles hittera are just the same...so while .300 is better ill take a .265 Xtra base hitter over the .300 singles hitter...so we good or you have more ignorant and uniformed statements to proclaim...

VN Store

Back