Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the fans come on its getting power. Its just failing to post. Failure to post is processor, motherboard, or memory. Typically the processor and memory will bomb during operation instead of failing at boot

Reactions: zhangliao04
if the fans come on its getting power. Its just failing to post. Failure to post is processor, motherboard, or memory. Typically the processor and memory will bomb during operation instead of failing at boot
Should be able to get it to possibly get to the boot menu with F8.... “key being should” if he can get it to that and in safe made with maybe a restore.... he could possibly fix the issue completely.

OK, guys and gals. I was hoping to tap into some of that vast knowledge that exist here on the nation. I have a laptop that contains some critical diagnostic software. Unfortunately the laptop is not booting. It never gets to the boot stage. Light comes on, fan starts up keyboard flashes on all for about one second then it turns off. Some times it will continue to cycle this way on it's own. I've removed the battery and unplugged to do a hard reset but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? The screen never even flashes.

What brand/model is it? Could be a bad memory module, if it isn't soldered onto the motherboard and you can pull one memory module out to see if that's it. You might also try pulling the battery completely out, plugging it in and turning it on.

Last edited:
OK, guys and gals. I was hoping to tap into some of that vast knowledge that exist here on the nation. I have a laptop that contains some critical diagnostic software. Unfortunately the laptop is not booting. It never gets to the boot stage. Light comes on, fan starts up keyboard flashes on all for about one second then it turns off. Some times it will continue to cycle this way on it's own. I've removed the battery and unplugged to do a hard reset but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? The screen never even flashes.

Put it in a trash bag and make sure you seal it. Proceed to put in the freezer for 15 minutes.

Place in front of open door. It will keep the door open for you. That’s it’s job now.

truth. totally.
giphy.gif
Well, we are suppose to believe truth over facts according to some...😂

What brand/model is it? Could be a bad memory module, if it isn't soldered onto the motherboard and you can pull one memory module out to see if that's it. You might also try pulling the battery completely out, plugging it in and turning it on.
It's a Dell Inspiron with the touch screen. 7000 series I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back