Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We scored a late TD that didn’t matter against GSU so we really only scored 22. That is abysmal. Also, our defense was beyond bad that game too. BYU 100% was on the offense. The defense dominated the game and our offense could barely move the ball. The defense had one bad mistake, but we should have already been up by two touchdowns if the offense wasn’t so bad.

He was always going to be a first up rotational guy. Dunno how he will break into the ones unless Calbert or Wright slack off. But Calbert looks like a beast

Either way, it is so nice to have some serious depth finally on the O line that you feel comfortable with coming in on rotations... Not too long ago we couldn't even get a descent starting O line over 285...

Either way, it is so nice to have some serious depth finally on the O line that you feel comfortable with coming in on rotations... Not too long ago we couldn't even get a descent starting O line over 285...

That’s very true. Now we have OL and DL all over 285 lol isn’t that insane?

We scored a late TD that didn’t matter against GSU so we really only scored 22. That is abysmal. Also, our defense was beyond bad that game too. BYU 100% was on the offense. The defense dominated the game and our offense could barely move the ball. The defense had one bad mistake, but we should have already been up by two touchdowns if the offense wasn’t so bad.
BYU is 100% on JG...go back and watch..there were guys running wide open on nearly every play..they could not cover our guys.

I don't want to start another JG bashing, I just don't like blaming the whole offense for one guys total ineptitude. The trouble with him that nearly all of us have is that he was still playing like that as a starter against Indiana and Vandy..both of those games should/would have been total blowouts with just a little better play from him..

I really hope he has been able to improve..but I won't believe it till I see it.

In a radio interview or podcast I believe it was Austin Price who was talking about how impressive Hyatt has been. Said the coaches knew he had speed, and could stretch the field, but have been surprised to find that he’s a complete WR who can do it all.

tenor.gif

I am all for discussion and having nice constructive chats on topics like this. Additionally I am on here talking about a friend of mine....someone I have worked with and respect a whole lot. I just don’t like the optics around the announcement and how it was made.
I have no issue with this as long as you said this to him. Which I am guessing you did. Or will.

I am all for discussion and having nice constructive chats on topics like this. Additionally I am on here talking about a friend of mine....someone I have worked with and respect a whole lot. I just don’t like the optics around the announcement and how it was made.

Then I hope you discussed it with him personally before sharing your view on him publically.

Also impressing early in fall camp is Jahmir Johnson who has not only put on but kept on added weight over the summer months. He is over 300 pounds and is pushing Wanya Morris on the left side.

One position change of note is JJ Peterson who has moved to outside backer. Peterson has trimmed up some over the summer and with solid athletic ability, the staff is hoping he can find more success off the edge.
-VQ.
Same, Jahmir. Same. :(

Last edited:
BYU is 100% on JG...go back and watch..there were guys running wide open on nearly every play..they could not cover our guys.

I don't want to start another JG bashing, I just don't like blaming the whole offense for one guys total ineptitude. The trouble with him that nearly all of us have is that he was still playing like that as a starter against Indiana and Vandy..both of those games should/would have been total blowouts with just a little better play from him..

I really hope he has been able to improve..but I won't believe it till I see it.
Thank goodness for Eric Gray breaking out in both of those games.....

Has anyone gone on the college football subreddit? It's been trending downhill over the last several years, but it has to be the worst college football community on the internet.

Reactions: Aesius
Shrout has always been the better QB option but he was still trying to make some throws like he was back in High School. I suppose that is why he had such a short leash last year because they were trying to break him of bad habits. If he is the viable option behind JG that must mean he has corrected those habits. He floats the pocket nicely and can throw the ball from anywhere.... see the throw to Marquez he threw that off his back foot.

He’s been the best QB in practice for a while now. I’ve mentioned that several times in the past. Just has to translate to the field.

Hyatt will be special, Period.

He’s been the best QB in practice for a while now. I’ve mentioned that several times in the past. Just has to translate to the field.

I just hope one of these qb's can shine this year. This team can compete with anyone in the country, if the qb play is adequate.

Word on HB? I’m guessing quarantined? Since I haven’t seen him around the QBs at all. Will take any other nuggets you have as well lol.

We intentionally sabotaged Mays initial case so we could publicly expose the dumpster fire in Athens and make Kirby look like more of an asshat. All while knowing we would easily win an appeal before the season started.

Chess not checkers.
*checks notes, verifies conspiracy*

1598018601333.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back