Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the interview, and that’s not how he stated it. He said that he and KC spoke to multiple former Barnes’ players and family members. He sounded like he did his research and talked to as many people that he could to get a feel for Barnes, and there is nothing wrong with that.

He also said the UT staff went above and beyond by calling KC’s Mother on her birthday and Mother’s Day. He also said he and KC watched more film with the coaches than he has ever watched.

Possibly permissible because the Durants would be linked to TX, not TN.

I agree. Not saying that under normal circumstances a man is to get paid for a job he does but don't come out with this 15% cut crap like that was really going to make a difference. Its not like the man isn't set already. Take one for your university. And I love CF. Just don't agree with this one thing. JMO
I am all for discussion and having nice constructive chats on topics like this. Additionally I am on here talking about a friend of mine....someone I have worked with and respect a whole lot. I just don’t like the optics around the announcement and how it was made.

A. You don’t decide what I post.
B. If anyone posts anything, it is fair to be criticized. Good people are just as capable of being criticized.
C. I will “pulpit” ANYONE that takes rape halfheartedly. I have an ignore list full of people that made an azz of themself about not taking rape seriously and hitting women in the past.
D. If anyone is that sensitive that asking to be empathetic about rape bothers them, they should reconsider their values, good guy or not.

giphy.gif

Dude said it was a typo. Take him at his word.

Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.
I basically said the same thing earlier....

and got 1 like, lol. AV says it and gets twenty-something. :p

Holy **** guys. Like honestly, that's a MASSIVE change if teams can play everyone without burning a year of eligibility. What teams do this help the most? Or hurt? @Atlanta VOL you gotta take on this one?
No take as of yet...will see how the boys feel about it and let you know.

Good Lord,

Harrison Bailey - 225......

Tyler Baron - 255......

😱
Bailey is a really big QB. I posted an article about him from his FR year in high school a few years ago and he would have had the largest hands of any QB in the draft, but he was still 14. He was probably 240 or 250 his SO and JR seasons at Marietta and then slimmed down his SR year to get more mobile. He had some huge runs to pick up first downs in some of the big games at critical moments last season.

I am all for discussion and having nice constructive chats on topics like this. Additionally I am on here talking about a friend of mine....someone I have worked with and respect a whole lot. I just don’t like the optics around the announcement and how it was made.
I see where some are disagreeing about all that Coach Fulmer has put into the university and maybe leading to get others to want to take a pay cut for the better good. I also see where you and others are offended. I know that sounds ‘wishy washy’, but most of us on Volnation, don’t know what you all see and know.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back