Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t patronize someone’s sacrifice. I think he makes between $300-$500k. Which is substantially less than Dave Hart. Yes yes I know that’s triple what most of our household income is but still. But the optics of asking fans donate 100% of previous funds to secure the tickets with this statement is a bit tone deaf:

"We all face considerable financial shortfalls due to COVID-19"

Like SaS said, just keep it as private as you can...

Exact same thing could be said about Pruitt, Barnes or a lot of others at the university. Pretty shallow to expect anyone to work for nothing
I think that wouldn’t be a bad idea either given where the university is. Its not shallow to expect anyone to work for nothing if they don’t need money and it doesn’t move the needle for them.

Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.

Interesting. I was thinking along the same lines here when I saw the post about it. I said, "Phil, that's not a lot and definitely not enough to be worth mentioning. If you took no salary you'd still be fine with what resources UT has." And then my wife asked me why I was talking to myself.

Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.
Completely agree with this. He's been more than fairly compensated for multiple roles throughout the years by the University.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
tenor.gif
8E390F74-1E4A-4B89-9F34-94AA79C0F2F6.gif

He fulfilled the law lol....
AV gives to TN enough to see what PF is giving as only a PR move.
savvy? or we just going off somebody who knows somebody? before I draw the ire of the day shift on VN, we walk past Fulmer's Leyland Cypress' on greenway. That makes me, no I dont know ****.

Simmer down Ullyses.

They have failed on Soloman, uros and now mays. Outside council was called in to clean up their mess and uros lost 1/2 a season due to their ineptness

Not sure they failed on Gibbs. I don’t recall we ever applied for a waiver there but maybe we did
Lolwut? Solomon and Uros were cleared regardless. They also filed for Uros as soon as he transferred according to KNS. We can't make the NCAA or his previous school work any faster.

The fact is you have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. Tom Mars has made that much clear when he referenced upset fans on Twitter thinking they know why someone got approved or denied. His point was that it is all private, so fans are just talking out their behinds. He also said we were up there with one of the very best compliance departments.

Yes we applied for Gibbs. Hint: he was an undergrad from UGA transferring within the conference.

So, they haven't failed anyone that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back