Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.
You could prolly fill in the gap...skip the private jet and new summer home for one calendar year? 😏

Reactions: StoVol
savvy? or we just going off somebody who knows somebody? before I draw the ire of the day shift on VN, we walk past Fulmer's Leyland Cypress' on greenway. That makes me, no I dont know ****.

Simmer down Ullyses.
Jack, Jack, Jack.... No one is taking away CPF's love and accomplishments for our beloved UT. Just saying bragging about 15% like you're the widow giving 2 mites is not a good look. If AV isn't one of our boosters there are others that are not going to see that as anything but a PR stunt or maybe a way to get others to follow the lead.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Uros were cleared regardless.

They also filed for Uros as soon as he transferred according to KNS.

So, they haven't failed anyone that I know of.

Comical response here. Perhaps you need to check your timeline and see how long uros was failed by this inept compliance department

Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.

I agree. Not saying that under normal circumstances a man is to get paid for a job he does but don't come out with this 15% cut crap like that was really going to make a difference. Its not like the man isn't set already. Take one for your university. And I love CF. Just don't agree with this one thing. JMO

Comical response here. Perhaps you need to check your timeline and see how long uros was failed by this inept compliance department
Just going by what the local media reported at the time. Fact is he got approved.

I was only asking if they failed getting anyone approved. So I guess not.

Direct your anger toward the NCAA like Mars said. Or Sankey who may have not been willing to sign off on it. Or Kirby. No need to take it out on UT compliance.

They have gotten everyone approved so far that ever had a shot. Absolutely NO ONE, that I'm aware of, has gotten an SEC undergrad waiver approved, unless coming from a school on probation.

I agree. Not saying that under normal circumstances a man is to get paid for a job he does but don't come out with this 15% cut crap like that was really going to make a difference. Its not like the man isn't set already. Take one for your university. And I love CF. Just don't agree with this one thing.
So if he hadn’t taken a cut at all you’d be less miffed?

Just going by what the local media reported at the time. Fact is he got approved.

I was only asking if they failed getting anyone approved. So I guess not.

Direct your anger toward the NCAA like Mars said. Or Sankey who may have not been willing to sign off on it. Or Kirby. No need to take it out on UT compliance.

They have gotten everyone approved so far that ever had a shot. Absolutely NO ONE, that I'm aware of, has gotten an SEC undergrad waiver approved, unless coming from a school on probation.

look the problem is clear and it’s that their first waiver request are poorly written,
Getting denied, and they are then having to get bailed out by outside counsel on second appeals. Those are facts

And In the meantime games are being lost while we wait, Coaches are left not knowing how to prepare rotations and players are left not knowing if they are working toward actually playing in games.

You can’t argue with any single thing I have posted here. They are facts

look the problem is clear and it’s that their first waiver request are poorly written and they are then having to get bailed out by outside counsel on second appeals. Those are facts

And In the meantime games are being lost while we wait, Coaches are left not knowing how to prepare rotations and players are left not knowing if they are working toward actually playing in games.

You can’t argue with any single thing I have posted here. They are facts
They’re all your inner contrived crap. 😴

Reactions: Smokeytom
Yes...except he had to tell everyone what he was doing so here we go.
Ah, he told season ticket holders in explanation of what is going on.

The man is a Tennessee legend. We haven't been good since he left. We wrongly fired him, humiliated him, and treated him like garbage. Even still, when we needed a new AD and it was obvious he was the right man for the job, we shunned him again and hired a loser in John Currie. Even still, Phil came in when Currie fell on his face and he saved the program. If it wasn't for Phil there's no telling where we would be right now.

Then he went out and hired a dang good football coach and every move he has made has been excellent thus far. I wouldn't care if they increased his salary. I'm certainly not going to criticize him for taking a 15% reduction in pay, especially when I don't know the fullness of what his job requires on a day to day basis. I just know I'm thankful he's in charge and I trust him fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back