Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all think JG will be on a short leash or will the coaches ride with him? If/when JG throws a few INTs the first game or so I'm benching him the rest of the year. I'm putting in Maurer until he gets hurt and then playing JG behind him. If both can't go I'm burning HB redshirt
Short leash

While true, JG is mentally fragile, so I don't think you go that route with his type of personality/mentality. You tell him you are 110% behind him and to go BALL THE EFF OUT.

He gets pulled the same in either scenario, but you can't have him focused on making mistakes. That's when he sits on routes too long, gets in his own head, and actually makes more mistakes. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You have to release his mind. Just like "under pressure" and on 3rd downs. You have to get him out of his mind, whatever it takes. That's when he's at his best.

The dude could be sooo good. From a analytical perspective his case is a fascinating one. I don't think I have ever seen a case like his before. Guys either can play or not usually based on their physical gifts, he can play, he really could be a very good QB if not for his mental issues.

Heavenly lord the World needs more of this kind of leadership...and class....

Please Majors lovers, at least give this man his due.

Phillip Fulmer announces pay cut as Vols cut from budget
Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.

Going to probably sting a little here. But if he really wanted to make a difference he should have taken no salary this year. Taking no salary does not affect him one bit financially. A 15% reduction for him is an absolute joke...it doesn’t move the needle for him nor for the university. This is a PR play at best and I am not thrilled.
OH SNAP AV is not happy

Good grief, you expect him to take no salary? 🤦🏼‍♂️ What about Capt 4 Mill? Man, id hate to see your expectations for other people. That is ridiculous to expect someone, even AD to take no salary. This isnt a not for profit.

Exact same thing could be said about Pruitt, Barnes or a lot of others at the university. Pretty shallow to expect anyone to work for nothing

200.gif

I hesitated to provide an update on Drew. I don’t know why. I think because I was utterly rattled yesterday. I fasted all day and have never spent so much time in prayer. But seeing folks with the hashtag touched me. Here goes...

Drew had a 4-hr surgery on his spine and brain yesterday evening and afternoon. They sampled the tumor and installed a shunt to redirect the fluid buildup. We will wait for the pathology report, but early indications are not good. It appears to be in an extensive malignant process and a lot of spinal tumors are hard to operate on, and this type may not respond to chemo.

He was a shook little boy yesterday, but after he knocked the anaesthesia hangover, he told his dad that he believed God was bringing him closer to Him. How amazing is THAT! He has made a profession of faith, for that I rejoice.
This is the little boy you guys are praying for (taken two years ago in Neyland)...
View attachment 300902
🧡#LiftUpDrew🧡

🙏🏽

Now no salary would be something to brag about. Or better yet, don't brag at all.

While true, JG is mentally fragile, so I don't think you go that route with his type of personality/mentality. You tell him you are 110% behind him and to go BALL THE EFF OUT.

He gets pulled the same in either scenario, but you can't have him focused on making mistakes. That's when he sits on routes too long, gets in his own head, and actually makes more mistakes. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You have to release his mind. Just like "under pressure" and on 3rd downs. You have to get him out of his mind, whatever it takes. That's when he's at his best.

Whichever angle Pruitt and Chaney are working, JG needs to get better. And I hope he has. For himself and for a higher number in the W column.

Good grief, you expect him to take no salary? 🤦🏼‍♂️ What about Capt 4 Mill? Man, id hate to see your expectations for other people. That is ridiculous to expect someone, even AD to take no salary. This isnt a not for profit.
You do realize you're talking to the one that gives and doesn't take??

Isn't his base salary "only" around 300k? 300k wouldn't make a dent anyway. Jmo, but I think this is a leadership move in order to sell all admin, coaches, etc on taking a similar cut on their own.

If he takes a 100% cut, there's no way others will do the same. He made a reasonable cut imo to lead everyone else to do similar. He wants people to take voluntary cuts imo. I don't think he wants a big legal battle by forcing salary cuts and getting into contractual legalese battles. The attorneys might cost more than the money saved.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back