Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hesitated to provide an update on Drew. I don’t know why. I think because I was utterly rattled yesterday. I fasted all day and have never spent so much time in prayer. But seeing folks with the hashtag touched me. Here goes...

Drew had a 4-hr surgery on his spine and brain yesterday evening and afternoon. They sampled the tumor and installed a shunt to redirect the fluid buildup. We will wait for the pathology report, but early indications are not good. It appears to be in an extensive malignant process and a lot of spinal tumors are hard to operate on, and this type may not respond to chemo.

He was a shook little boy yesterday, but after he knocked the anaesthesia hangover, he told his dad that he believed God was bringing him closer to Him. How amazing is THAT! He has made a profession of faith, for that I rejoice.
This is the little boy you guys are praying for (taken two years ago in Neyland)...
View attachment 300902
🧡#LiftUpDrew🧡
I am a man of faith but when I read your comment "he believed God was bringing him closer to Him", I realized Drew is a lot stronger in his faith than I think I could ever be. Those words brought tears to my face. I know I'm a stranger on some message board, but I still offer my most heartfelt prayers to Drew and his entire family. My God bless this young man and give him the strength and courage through this trying time.

A. You don’t decide what I post.
B. If anyone posts anything, it is fair to be criticized. Good people are just as capable of being criticized.
C. I will “pulpit” ANYONE that takes rape halfheartedly. I have an ignore list full of people that made an azz of themself about not taking rape seriously and hitting women in the past.
D. If anyone is that sensitive that asking to be empathetic about rape bothers them, they should reconsider their values, good guy or not.

Who have they failed on?

Only Gibbs and Mays (so far) that I can think of and those 2 share an unholy common denominator.
They have failed on Soloman, uros and now mays. Outside council was called in to clean up their mess and uros lost 1/2 a season due to their ineptness

Not sure they failed on Gibbs. I don’t recall we ever applied for a waiver there but maybe we did

They have failed on Soloman, uros and now mays. Outside council was called in to clean up their mess and uros lost 1/2 a season due to their ineptness

Not sure they failed on Gibbs. I don’t recall we ever applied for a waiver there but maybe we did
Wasn't much of a loss considering the 1/2 he did play.

You guys kill me. You're quoting some guy from the Daily Caller who is not a real sports reporter but you love him because he says what you want to hear. Even the Daily Caller isn't saying a word about this and you know if it was really happening it would be all over ESPN, 247, Rivals, etc. but all I'm hearing is crickets.

Also, the decision to not play football was not the decision of the Big-10 commissioner, it was the Presidents. So you're going to have to get them to change their minds. And Warren wouldn't get his revenge by kicking teams out. What he would do is simply put together the 2021 schedule where a dissenting team finds itself on the road for 5 games in a row with the toughest opponents being games 4 and 5 in that streak. After a couple of years of going 11-2 and not making the NC, Day would find himself looking for a job.

Plus its been 10 days since the Big-10 cancelled the fall. The teams have no games scheduled now and you have got to assume they're not practicing like they normally would. I'll bet the coaches have the pure freshmen spending a lot of time in the weight rooms taking advantage of the opportunity to bulk up.

Finally, guys like Hookstead make their money by the number of people who click on them, whether it's Instagram, Twitter, etc. He's not got a motivation to be right, he just tells people what they want to hear so they can feel good about themselves.
Some of us are just looking for a little bit of light. I get where you are coming from though.

I have had a couple and they are truly miserable. Was able to change my environment and got back to a happy place.
You can't beat being out in nature on them. I'll split an 1/8 with the wifey every once in awhile and hang at the beach (umbrella is necessary). The ocean, sand, sun, and reggae is amazing on the fun guys

Last edited:
Pruitt repeated something Monday that he has said before a number of times, they chart each and every throw our QBs make, whether in practice or in a game. They would tend to be more accurate than PFF for the simple reason that they, unlike PFF, knows exactly what the QB is supposed to be doing on every single throw. Anyway, I really do believe they're going to put the QB on the field that gives us the best chance to win. If HB or one of the other guys move ahead of JG to claim the starting job, at least at the outset, I'm figuring they will have earned it. If JG is replaced at some point in the first game, I will figure he will have lost it. It's going to play out the way it's going to go and I tend to think our coaches will do their objective best to manage the situation. jmo.

So I think in one of the more recent days there was a bit of a ruckus when PFF came out with their rankings for all 130 projected starting QBs in FBS this year. I went back and pulled PFF's rankings of JG for last year, pre and post season, and cut out the rankings for all the QBs we're expected to face this year, along with JG.. My concern with JG is he may have a low ceiling and thus that would limit how far we can go this year. I may not be right about that but clearly a lot of other fans seem to share that assessment. Time will tell if he proves us all wrong. It's happened before and I think most all of us would love for it to happen again, this year in fact. jmo.

I'm actually pretty excited to see how this is going to play out this year, mostly because I'm just excited that we may finally get to play at all. I'm genuinely appreciative of all the effort our staff, our players, the fans, and everyone associated with our football program and the programs across the league have put in to give us an opportunity to have a season this year. jmo.
Agree 100% with all that.

Thank you, McGill. It was a typo. I understand how serious all that is and I would never make light of it. I think some just lurk on here desperately waiting for an opportunity to lynch somebody and be the first to get to them. I don’t understand 🤷‍♂️ We’re all friends here. Except @TrippieRedd , f that guy. 😂😂😂😂😂 I kid I kid. I joke. You’re my boy, blue.
What do you mean by "some"? Seems divisive to me! /s

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Perhaps you have misinterpreted what I meant...I meant how sad the B1G looks overall because of lack of leadership and cohesiveness when they thought they were being “leaders” in this area. It’s ironic.
Regarding the PAC12, we all knew they wouldn’t play and were just waiting for another conference to go first but at least they haven’t wavered (it’s an insult to the B1G). I completely disagree with their stance and am glad I cheer for our team in the SEC.
Whoops..

Reactions: clt_tiger
Finally, guys like Hookstead make their money by the number of people who click on them, whether it's Instagram, Twitter, etc. He's not got a motivation to be right, he just tells people what they want to hear so they can feel good about themselves.

So your argument is that he jdidn't realy hear that but just made it up?

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Last season showed us what Pruitt is about. He gives playing time to those who work hard and does what they are supposed to do. He also believes in every one of the players (JJP pending). I think JG starts game 1, but Pruitt has been honest with him and he knows what's at stake. He needs to get better in games. If he doesn't, he is getting pulled and it won't be like last year. They will just role with the next QB up.
While true, JG is mentally fragile, so I don't think you go that route with his type of personality/mentality. You tell him you are 110% behind him and to go BALL THE EFF OUT.

He gets pulled the same in either scenario, but you can't have him focused on making mistakes. That's when he sits on routes too long, gets in his own head, and actually makes more mistakes. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You have to release his mind. Just like "under pressure" and on 3rd downs. You have to get him out of his mind, whatever it takes. That's when he's at his best.

Oh, and no opposing fans unless they are quarantined in Tennessee for 2 weeks. At our place. Rocky Top will be piped in on a continuous loop. Lights only go off if they cheer and sing Rocky Top. By game time, it will be a Pavlovian Response and they will yell Go Vols and sing Rocky Top every time it’s played. That will confuse the eff outta the announcers and the opponent team. Yes, I am just that evil.
1597864245615.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back