Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all think JG will be on a short leash or will the coaches ride with him? If/when JG throws a few INTs the first game or so I'm benching him the rest of the year. I'm putting in Maurer until he gets hurt and then playing JG behind him. If both can't go I'm burning HB redshirt
Just depends on what the coaches are seeing from HB in practice. If JG does the same old same old, I’m going to Maurer and then HB (if ready). Not messing with the JG coming off the bench thing again. If he can’t do it this year, it’s time to establish the QB of the future. JG can be a second QB coach at that point.

I hesitated to provide an update on Drew. I don’t know why. I think because I was utterly rattled yesterday. I fasted all day and have never spent so much time in prayer. But seeing folks with the hashtag touched me. Here goes...

Drew had a 4-hr surgery on his spine and brain yesterday evening and afternoon. They sampled the tumor and installed a shunt to redirect the fluid buildup. We will wait for the pathology report, but early indications are not good. It appears to be in an extensive malignant process and a lot of spinal tumors are hard to operate on, and this type may not respond to chemo.

He was a shook little boy yesterday, but after he knocked the anaesthesia hangover, he told his dad that he believed God was bringing him closer to Him. How amazing is THAT! He has made a profession of faith, for that I rejoice.
This is the little boy you guys are praying for (taken two years ago in Neyland)...
View attachment 300902
🧡#LiftUpDrew🧡
Unless you become like children you will never enter the Kingdom of God... Thanks for the reminder

Just depends on what the coaches are seeing from HB in practice. If JG does the same old same old, I’m going to Maurer and then HB (if ready). Not messing with the JG coming off the bench thing again. If he can’t do it this year, it’s time to establish the QB of the future. JG can be a second QB coach at that point.

I think ideally we get HB to play some but not enough to burn his RS

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
I think ideally we get HB to play some but not enough to burn his RS
Ideally, HB enters the game and is so lights out the coaches have no choice but to play him the rest the year! I wonder if the 4 game rule will still be in effect with the shortened season. It’s more likely HB gets the Shrout treatment this year. Enters the game just to hand the ball off.

Y'all think JG will be on a short leash or will the coaches ride with him? If/when JG throws a few INTs the first game or so I'm benching him the rest of the year. I'm putting in Maurer until he gets hurt and then playing JG behind him. If both can't go I'm burning HB redshirt
It isn't about him throwing ints..it is about him either completely missing wide open recievers, or waiting too freaking long till they are covered, or throwing it to where they have no chance at getting YAC..

It isn't about him throwing ints..it is about him either completely missing wide open recievers, or waiting too freaking long till they are covered, or throwing it to where they have no chance at getting YAC..

I guess my point was him playing poorly, not necessarily throwing pics..

I just wanna know when the staff is really going to say enough is enough, JG is a practice king but an in game liability.

Pruitt repeated something Monday that he has said before a number of times, they chart each and every throw our QBs make, whether in practice or in a game. They would tend to be more accurate than PFF for the simple reason that they, unlike PFF, knows exactly what the QB is supposed to be doing on every single throw. Anyway, I really do believe they're going to put the QB on the field that gives us the best chance to win. If HB or one of the other guys move ahead of JG to claim the starting job, at least at the outset, I'm figuring they will have earned it. If JG is replaced at some point in the first game, I will figure he will have lost it. It's going to play out the way it's going to go and I tend to think our coaches will do their objective best to manage the situation. jmo.

So I think in one of the more recent days there was a bit of a ruckus when PFF came out with their rankings for all 130 projected starting QBs in FBS this year. I went back and pulled PFF's rankings of JG for last year, pre and post season, and cut out the rankings for all the QBs we're expected to face this year, along with JG.. My concern with JG is he may have a low ceiling and thus that would limit how far we can go this year. I may not be right about that but clearly a lot of other fans seem to share that assessment. Time will tell if he proves us all wrong. It's happened before and I think most all of us would love for it to happen again, this year in fact. jmo.

I'm actually pretty excited to see how this is going to play out this year, mostly because I'm just excited that we may finally get to play at all. I'm genuinely appreciative of all the effort our staff, our players, the fans, and everyone associated with our football program and the programs across the league have put in to give us an opportunity to have a season this year. jmo.

Last season showed us what Pruitt is about. He gives playing time to those who work hard and does what they are supposed to do. He also believes in every one of the players (JJP pending). I think JG starts game 1, but Pruitt has been honest with him and he knows what's at stake. He needs to get better in games. If he doesn't, he is getting pulled and it won't be like last year. They will just role with the next QB up.

We talking Basketball because no football player has lost half a season.

Same compliance department. We have had issues with our last 3 waivers. Solomon, uros and now Mays.
I get it it’s hard for us to criticize our own staffers here but this is a pattern where our compliance department is having to be bailed out by lawyers and public pressure to clean up their failures. They simply suck at that part of their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back