Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be this type of prioritization:
Major Donors
Players Families
Student allotment including smaller band, cheerleaders.
Season ticket buyers (especially those that donate more than cost of seats)
Visiting team fans allotment (I only see us doing this if forced to by SEC this year).

Full Band contingent. Test them just like the football players.
They also don’t count in that attendance #. Neither do the cheerleaders or drill team dancers.

Come on now.

An insert from the article about LSU

The former boyfriend redshirted his freshman year and said he steered clear of Guice because “I probably would have lost my (expletive) on him.” But he said LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron brought up the subject of his then-girlfriend and Guice about a year after the alleged assault, telling the athlete that he shouldn’t be bothered by it.
“(Orgeron) said, ‘Everybody’s girlfriend sleeps with other people,’” the former player told USA TODAY.

My guess would be this type of prioritization:
Major Donors
Players Families
Student allotment including smaller band, cheerleaders.
Season ticket buyers (especially those that donate more than cost of seats)
Visiting team fans allotment (I only see us doing this if forced to by SEC this year).

Oh, and no opposing fans unless they are quarantined in Tennessee for 2 weeks. At our place. Rocky Top will be piped in on a continuous loop. Lights only go off if they cheer and sing Rocky Top. By game time, it will be a Pavlovian Response and they will yell Go Vols and sing Rocky Top every time it’s played. That will confuse the eff outta the announcers and the opponent team. Yes, I am just that evil.

I hesitated to provide an update on Drew. I don’t know why. I think because I was utterly rattled yesterday. I fasted all day and have never spent so much time in prayer. But seeing folks with the hashtag touched me. Here goes...

Drew had a 4-hr surgery on his spine and brain yesterday evening and afternoon. They sampled the tumor and installed a shunt to redirect the fluid buildup. We will wait for the pathology report, but early indications are not good. It appears to be in an extensive malignant process and a lot of spinal tumors are hard to operate on, and this type may not respond to chemo.

He was a shook little boy yesterday, but after he knocked the anaesthesia hangover, he told his dad that he believed God was bringing him closer to Him. How amazing is THAT! He has made a profession of faith, for that I rejoice.
This is the little boy you guys are praying for (taken two years ago in Neyland)...
View attachment 300902
🧡#LiftUpDrew🧡

Never give up. We are all loved by an amazing Lord. Wish everybody understood and acknowledged what Drew does now. The Lord wants us to draw near and bring our troubles, problems and sorrows, as well as our joy and appreciation, to Him.

All of you great prayer warriors need to focus your efforts on brother Drew. Whether his healing is here or in heaven, may the Lord's will be done and He be glorified.

tenor.gif

So no hint about who...how about a hint about when we'll hear this good news?

Reactions: barrylee
Maybe he reads all of your posts about Tennessee football and it’s poisoned him mentally...
I’m still holding out hope. Kivon Bennett didn’t contribute until last year and that was third season of actually playing. This will still only be JJPs second year playing (redshirted 2018). Something interesting, he didn’t start garnering much attention until the end of his junior year, based on offers, visits and ranking. I know this is a little skewed due to when a player begins to get serious evaluation, but my point is that it’s not like he’s been this insane prodigy that we all expect him to be. Maybe he really is just one of those guys that has to grow in a program, learn slowly and really comes on strong the last 2 years he’s with a program.

Comparing him to crouch and To’oto’to is tough because they picked things up right away. But if he has the same trajectory as Bennett or Deandre Johnson he can still be a solid player 2nd string. Let’s be honest i think he missed the boat to start, with To’oto’to, Crouch, then Lewis and Willis coming in after them

I hesitated to provide an update on Drew. I don’t know why. I think because I was utterly rattled yesterday. I fasted all day and have never spent so much time in prayer. But seeing folks with the hashtag touched me. Here goes...

Drew had a 4-hr surgery on his spine and brain yesterday evening and afternoon. They sampled the tumor and installed a shunt to redirect the fluid buildup. We will wait for the pathology report, but early indications are not good. It appears to be in an extensive malignant process and a lot of spinal tumors are hard to operate on, and this type may not respond to chemo.

He was a shook little boy yesterday, but after he knocked the anaesthesia hangover, he told his dad that he believed God was bringing him closer to Him. How amazing is THAT! He has made a profession of faith, for that I rejoice.
This is the little boy you guys are praying for (taken two years ago in Neyland)...
View attachment 300902
🧡#LiftUpDrew🧡
Man my heart goes out to Drew and everyone involved. We are praying for you guys

Tom Mars said TN had a good compliance staff. Harbaugh, Hurley, and Smart are dicks and raised hell about clearing Solomon, Uros, and now Cade. Thats the issue
I've seen in multiple places that the TN Compliance Staff is one of the best. The hold up is, like you said, the former coaches. But I think one of the things that proves the value of the compliance department is that they almost always win on appeal. Let's hope that trend continues.

She’d been cleaning the house snd felt like she needed to sit down, within a couple of minutes was up to 96.

They did a chest X-ray. Kept her for 2 hours on pulse-ox monitor then released her. She has Covid pneumonia (viral but said not contagious) in both lungs - one not much. Gave her a spacer to go with her inhaler, new meds, prescription robitussen (sp), and told her if her resting pulse ox went below 90 for 5 minutes, she needs to come back to ER. Also put her on azithromycin because a bacterial infection can occur. She's tired but feeling better today.

OK, so that might have been just as simple as a mucous plug. Did she cough a lot after the pulse ox amateur read the lower number? One way to help with that is to really push lots and lots of water. With fevers and any type of respiratory illness you lose more fluids. If you are dehydrated, all the mucus and phlegm associated with a pneumonia is thicker because of less water…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back