Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can win those SC and UK games and get through first half of season 3-2, 3-2 in the back half seems reasonable. Anything beyond 6 wins seems like a stretch given it will require perfection in games we are favorites, winning all the coin toss games, and getting several upsets. Can it be done - yes, but is it likely? not unless we have a new QB ready to play.. As the Bowl game showed, if the QB plays bad, this team can only go so far - even when more talented than the opposition. TN was better than IU in every way but QB, and as a result we almost lost.

In 2020 we play only three teams less talented the IU (Ark, Vandy, Mizzu). 7 teams TN plays will put more talent on the field than IU had. So we better find some better QB play.

Last edited:
The SC and UK games are very important to getting off to a decent start. If we stub our toe on one of those games early, with UGA and Bama also in the first half, season could spiral downward and get away from us.
Why? Games are independent. Yes, players could get down and let it affect them, but just as well they respond like last year. Fools last year were saying, "well we can't beat GS or BYU soo we must be going 1-11" like they have never played sports before.

Same thing in 2015 after we lost to Arkansas and there was a player meeting. All we did was run the table minus a late loss in Tuscaloosa.

I just don't buy this theory. Every win you can grab sure helps, of course. Positive momo helps too. But early losses are by no means totally predictive nor death knells to assured emotional spirals.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
25,613 on hand for The Third Saturday in October
Often times, I’ve been to Bama games in Knoxville where 20% or more of the crowd was wearing crimson. Surely, that won’t be the case this year.
Any Vol fan lucky enuf to get one of these limited 25,000 tickets This season that turns around and sells it for profit to a Bama fan should be banned for life from Neyland.

Is it just season ticket holders?

My guess would be this type of prioritization:
Major Donors
Players Families
Student allotment including smaller band, cheerleaders.
Season ticket buyers (especially those that donate more than cost of seats)
Visiting team fans allotment (I only see us doing this if forced to by SEC this year).

My guess would be this type of prioritization:
Major Donors
Players Families
Student allotment including smaller band, cheerleaders.
Season ticket buyers (especially those that donate more than cost of seats)
Visiting team fans allotment (I only see us doing this if forced to by SEC this year).
I see doing the opposing team allotment, abet lower.

Kennedy Chandlers dad was on Memphis radio:

Coach Lanier started the recruitment KC’s freshman season. Coach Barnes did a great job throughout. Coach English picked it up hard and heavy. Penny wanted him but was late.

What solidified his decision was Kevin Durant’s dad calling the family and selling Barnes as a person and how he takes care of players after basketball.

Coach Lanier started the recruitment KC’s freshman season. Coach Barnes did a great job throughout. Coach English picked it up hard and heavy. Penny wanted him but was late.

What solidified his decision was Kevin Durant’s dad calling the family and selling Barnes as a person and how he takes care of players after basketball.

I bet that was hard for the hosts to hear. Was it Jason Smith and John Martin?

Wow, so KD's Dad is UT and Barnes closer. Damn, that's hard to say no to

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back