Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thing I'm gonna say. I have GREAT relationships with players and students. I retired from coaching in one state and started over in another to get to keep working with kids get 5-10 years in the other state and get an extra retirement check. My opinion is MY opinion based on MY concern for the long term effects this and other issues have on kids. You don't agree, don't agree That's fine. Made my argument.
FYP.

I hear a lot of people talking about educators and saying things to the effect of "your contract hasn't changed" or "you signed up to teach, so teach". But not acknowledging that the working environment that was part of that contract has now drastically changed. There is a way to get through this as safely as possible and without unnecessarily exposing large groups of people to increased risk.

Oh, and I know that many here will say that people are going to get this virus anyway, and that very few will suffer greatly, and that even fewer will die. And I know that's all true. But, again, where's the humanity? People are essentially advocating to quickly commence with the deaths and dispose of those who are going to die at the hands of this virus. I mean, seriously?!?! I'm disgusted at the selfishness of this nation (at all levels). There is enough wealth that, if people were willing to put selfishness aside and do it, we could shut things down for a few weeks, take care of everyone's needs, and starve this damn virus to death. I know that's never going to happen but if we're all being honest, it could be done (there'd be too much arguing about who needs assistance, who's going to provide it, why it's not fair to this group or that demographic, etc.).

Last edited:
The vaccine stuff is certainly possible. However, I don’t think there’s any legitimate way we’re not going to have a serious spike when schools reopen across the country, whether it be K-12 or colleges.

Some of the schools in Georgia that reopened last week are already closing and going all virtual.

So, to answer your question: Spring may not be viable either. But that doesn’t make Fall viable.

We might legitimately not have college football until Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
Only reason they’re shutting it down is because they’re only having to go long enough to get their grant money and shut it down for the semester. I’m married to a KCS teacher that’s in the know and that’s exactly what’s happening here. Don’t be a simpleton

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
FYP.

I hear a lot of people talking about educators and saying things to the effect of "your contract hasn't changed" or "you signed up to teach, so teach". But not acknowledging that the working environment that was part of that contract has now drastically changed. There is a way to get through this as safely as possible and without unnecessarily exposing large groups of people to increased risk.

Oh, and I know that many here will say that people are going to get this virus anyway, and that very few will suffer greatly, and that even fewer will die. And I know that's all true. But, again, where's the humanity? People are essentially advocating to quickly commence with the deaths and dispose of those who are going to die at the hands of this virus. I mean, seriously?!?! I'm disgusted at the selfishness of this nation (at all levels). There is enough wealth that, if people were willing to put selfishness aside and do it, we could shut things down for a few weeks, take care of everyone's needs, and starve this damn virus to death. I know that's never going to happen but if we're all being honest, it could be done (they'd be too much arguing about who needs assistance, who's going to provide it, why it's not fair to this group or that demographic, etc.).
A nationwide 3 week quarantine would not eliminate this virus. I know that sounds great in theory, but in practice it would not work. I'm no epidemiologist but if you think the virus will not spread again after 3 weeks of quarantine then you're not really thinking about all the factors that go into this. People coming in from other countries... family members giving it to other family members during the 3 week quarantine. a nationwide lockdown is putting a bandaid on it and would only decrease cases for a short period of time before ramping back up once people started going out again. The solution to all of this is through time, science, and precaution.... not a lockdown of unprecedented proportions.

FYP.

Oh, and I know that many here will say that people are going to get this virus anyway, and that very few will suffer greatly, and that even fewer will die. And I know that's all true. But, again, where's the humanity? People are essentially advocating to quickly commence with the deaths and dispose of those who are going to die at the hands of this virus. I mean, seriously?!?! I'm disgusted at the selfishness of this nation (at all levels). There is enough wealth that, if people were willing to put selfishness aside and do it, we could shut things down for a few weeks, take care of everyone's needs, and starve this damn virus to death. I know that's never going to happen but if we're all being honest, it could be done (they'd be too much arguing about who needs assistance, who's going to provide it, why it's not fair to this group or that demographic, etc.).

You mean straight up communism (all things communal) for a short period of time. Yeah, that worked out just great for the Rhodina.

Going to meet with an attorney for a consultation this morning about this insurance claim. Hopefully all goes well and he believes I have a case for compensation of losses. Good vibes appreciated, y’all.
You could have complications from that wreck 10 years from now, you should think about that too. Hope all goes well.

Yes it is optional....meaning football is a game and not needed.

Why do so many people think adults are incapable of making decisions about what's best for themselves? Want to play, play. Want to opt-out, opt-out. Want to live your life, live your life. Want to stay at home and wait for a vaccine, stay at home. It's not complicated.

A new joint statement of all P-5 conference players.

Some are saying the line about the formation of a Player's Association will turn off presidents, but it does say "ultimately", obviously one won't happen over night. And an association was going to happen anyway, of some sort, for NiL group licensing purposes. Someone was going to control that. It's not a union (can't unionize with public schools), but gives them a voice.

The only immediate hurdle I see is guaranteeing eligibility for those that opt out. I don't see that as a big deal and is very reasonable.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
Fire a couple of professors then ask who wants to be next then just even think no football then YOU GONE
Legit question - is UT one of the schools that sends additional money to the academic side? I remember hearing UF did, but wasn't sure if we did. If so, given our current tiny reserve in place (about to be demolished) and the way it sounds they are treating the athletic dept, maybe it should be re-thought.

I’m still trying to figure out what happened within the last 3-4 days that has sent everyone over the edge with canceling the season. All the conferences rolled out their schedules and revised plans and then BAM!!! we are canceling the season.

Nothing substantive has changed as it relates to COVID that I’m aware of, so It’s got to be something else. Right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back