• Mississippi State: Vanderbilt at home, Georgia on the road
  • Missouri: Alabama at home, LSU on the road
  • South Carolina: Auburn at home, Ole Miss on the road
  • Tennessee: Texas A&M at home, Auburn on the road
  • Texas A&M: Florida at home, Tennessee on the road
  • Vanderbilt: LSU at home: Mississippi State on the road
so the top 3 get the bottom 6, wth

Reactions: onevol74
Former Tennessee assistant Sam Pittman gets a rude welcome to the SEC coaching fraternazation as Arkansas head coach with their brutal schedule.

Reactions: escapegoat2
If we only win one of those games I hope its A&M, we have never beat them. I think we should of got Ole Miss instead of Auburn.

I never suggested that the difference is significant. My point was that the SEC did what it could to even off the schedules given the restraints of the existing schedule.

Bama started with 2 teams that were a combined 12-4 last year. The SEC added teams that went 6-10 combined.

Tennessee started with 2 teams that went 6-10 last year. They added teams that went 9-7.

It was not possible to completely level the playing field. I question how LSU got off so easy while Arkansas got so thoroughly shafted, but otherwise things were pretty fair.

Dude,

Bama had a good team and an ok team on the schedule and added 2 bad teams.
Tennessee had a good team and a bad team on the schedule and added 2 good teams.

Not to mention that it is entirely unclear why things needed any leveling out. The whole point in a rotating schedule is to even things out in the aggregate over the years. Why are we picking this year to try to make up for schedule disadvantages and not others? There's a reason why Arkansas was our opponent. Because we played the tougher teams in the previous years. It makes no sense to randomly punish us for that now.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Some of this was because there was no way around it.

Bama already had Georgia and Tennessee on the schedule. Unless you put Florida on it, there wasn’t anything else to do. And they just played South Carolina last year.

Georgia already was playing Auburn and Alabama. What else were they going to get?
Well.... Tennessee playing all them MF'ERS and add a&m

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It looks like the SEC took the path lined out by the ACC and Big 10 and protected the teams they believe have the best shot at the playoffs. Either that, or we just weren't willing to pay the asking price.

It’s also on the UT administration. I still go back to the almost 2 decades Tennessee played Ga & Fla back to back. Only occasionally was it broken up. Yet the first year Auburn decides they don’t want to play Ga & Ala in 3 weeks, the SEC changes the schedule for them.

Honestly now, what is Aggie Nation saying about drawing the Vols?
From what I have seen, a bit of a mixed bag. Everyone likes that we are playing at TN (assuming we get a chance to attend). I would say 60% expect to win, but are wary of our less than stellar performances in road games.
Personally, I think it is probably 50/50. As I said earlier in the thread, if Vols can make Ags one dimensional and force Mond to win the game, I don't like our chances.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Dude,

Bama had a good team and an ok team on the schedule and added 2 bad teams.
Tennessee had a good team and a bad team on the schedule and added 2 good teams.

Not to mention that it is entirely unclear why things needed any leveling out. The whole point in a rotating schedule is to even things out in the aggregate over the years. Why are we picking this year to try to make up for schedule disadvantages and not others? There's a reason why Arkansas was our opponent. Because we played the tougher teams in the previous years. It makes no sense to randomly punish us for that now.

It needed to level out this year because this year is an outlier that isn't part of the aggregate.

You can disagree with the league's decision to go this route. But this was their decision, and all-in-all they did okay with executing the plan. There was no way to be perfect.

Well.... Tennessee playing all them MF'ERS and add a&m

Auburn and Alabama basically have Tennessee's schedule.

Tennessee doesn't play LSU. Alabama and Auburn don't play Florida. Other than that, tell me how they are different

It’s also on the UT administration. I still go back to the almost 2 decades Tennessee played Ga & Fla back to back. Only occasionally was it broken up. Yet the first year Auburn decides they don’t want to play Ga & Ala in 3 weeks, the SEC changes the schedule for them.

They complied with Auburn's request not to play UGA and Bama over 3 weeks by making them play LSU and Bama in 8 days.

It needed to level out this year because this year is an outlier that isn't part of the aggregate.

You can disagree with the league's decision to go this route. But this was their decision, and all-in-all they did okay with executing the plan. There was no way to be perfect.

Oh, if it's an outlier and not part of the aggregate, then I assume we'll go back to having Arkansas as our other out of confrence game next year. What's that? We won't? Oh we'll just continue on with our schedule making this year part of the aggregate? Ok, then, well I assume the SEC will go out of their way to fairly compensate us in the future then. I'll go ahead and start holding my breath.

Reactions: VolsSince78
The only drawback from playing in the SEC, it’s hard to avoid playing against good teams.

Especially when they have to change the scheduling around due to COVID 19.

Clemson has no competition in the ACC and they get rewarded for it every single year.

Reactions: barrylee
Oh, if it's an outlier and not part of the aggregate, then I assume we'll go back to having Arkansas as our other out of confrence game next year. What's that? We won't? Oh we'll just continue on with our schedule making this year part of the aggregate? Ok, then, well I assume the SEC will go out of their way to fairly compensate us in the future then. I'll go ahead and start holding my breath.

You won't get Auburn or A&M.

The only drawback from playing in the SEC, it’s hard to avoid playing against good teams.

Especially when they have to change the scheduling around due to COVID 19.

Clemson has no competition in the ACC and they get rewarded for it every single year.

Dabo is going to milk that South Carolina win over Georgia in 2019 until he retires.

VN Store

Back