Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Maybe if we could find ways to get them money other ways, the games wouldn't be so necessary.

Just hate the thought of ETSU, App St, WCU, Chatt, etc going out of business. Maybe not big to us, but huge for those cities and universities. I was at ETSU when they dissolved the football program. It was terrible for Johnson City, the campus, alumni, and students. Not to mention, living in the athletic dorms turned into a ghost town my 2nd year. I walked out first day of classes looking for dormmates like
View attachment 297901
As a hopefully after this semester ETSU alum (should've already graduated) I def understand what football means to that campus. One idea I had in the past. Let the lower levels play during the week and get them on TV. Doesnt have to be the main channels but ESPNU. FS1 etc..... Ratings for that have to be better than some stuff they show during the middle of the week. Then let those schools work out some TV deals and get their slice of the pie.

Attachments

• 06EC20B6-2016-4A4C-B0A2-B69938476D1B.jpeg
    06EC20B6-2016-4A4C-B0A2-B69938476D1B.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 26
  • F3543BC4-A7B5-4E19-9346-16337C9FB29C.jpeg
    F3543BC4-A7B5-4E19-9346-16337C9FB29C.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 8C06C79D-70D7-451B-81F3-F992D86B2E0A.jpeg
    8C06C79D-70D7-451B-81F3-F992D86B2E0A.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 27
They dont like paying out uncovered claims. They are contractually obligated to investigate. Otherwise, insurance fraud would go undetected and your premiums would be substantially higher once the actuaries run the numbers.

This is spot on. Most insureds I come across believe their policy is a maintenance plan. Every petty issue with their house should be repaired by the carrier.

They dont like paying out uncovered claims. They are contractually obligated to investigate. Otherwise, insurance fraud would go undetected and your premiums would be substantially higher once the actuaries run the numbers.

I’ve seen some pretty straight forward cases that take quite a bit of work to get resolved. Plus, they have been known to drop people once they make second or subsequent homeowner’s claims (legit ones). It’s a business unless you are with someone like USAA.

Warren Buffet is a billionaire for a reason.

I’ve seen some pretty straight forward cases that take quite a bit of work to get resolved. Plus, they have been known to drop people once they make second or subsequent homeowner’s claims. It’s a business unless you are with someone like USAA.

An eye opening amount of uncovered losses get paid out. Hush money doled out, too. It’s illegal to drop you for subsequent claims. I’ve never once heard that to be factual. Now, they may raise your premiums, and if you decide to shop around, you sort of have a scarlet letter. Either way, rates will climb with the more people file... because they have to investigate it, which can be pretty expensive but rarely more than the actual loss. Darned if you do, darned if you don’t...

An eye opening amount of uncovered losses get paid out. Hush money doled out, too. It’s illegal to drop you for subsequent claims. I’ve never once heard that to be factual. Now, they may raise your premiums, and if you decide to shop around, you sort of have a scarlet letter. Either way, rates will climb with the more people file... because they have to investigate it, which can be pretty expensive but rarely more than the actual loss. Darned if you do, darned if you don’t...

I am pretty sure I have a colleague (attorney by the way) who has personal experience with it. You would be surprised by some things on this side of the business. I edited my first post, and you may have missed it. Warren Buffet is a billionaire for a reason. Geico was a big influence on him early in life, and that’s where his money started. It’s a business.

I just wish they would be transparent. Show us how they are coming up with a fair schedule based on SoS. If we get LSU and A&M, then they can't justify it imo.

If we get those two plus Bama they're straight up lying about SOS. Not stretching things but lying. As for the idea of protecting top teams... there's not going to be a post-season to protect and even if there somehow is one this is always going to be an asterik year. All playing favorites would do is build really bad blood. Florida isn't a contender so why listen to anything they say? They already got out of playing FSU because of covid. A lot of this sounds like bs speculation - I don't buy anyone caring about what Florida thinks. I do buy Bama whining and a BAMA guy doing their bidding but the Florida stuff makes no sense.

I’m I guess glad that I don’t have to make up the SEC schedule this year but if I had to I’d start with the big 7 and ensure that each of the big 7 had 5 games from that pool and hopefully no more. Alabama already had 5 of those games on its schedule to begin with. We had 3. I think you can flip a coin in assigning 5 of the bottom 7 teams in the conference. I mean, really, who cares?

The criteria should be that everyone gets 5 home and 5 away. There are 2 neutral site games, UF/UGA and A&M/AR. You’d have to figure out what to do about those. So that’s an issue. Generally those teams alternate as the home or away team. I think this year UGA is technically the home team in Jacksonville and last I heard all parties still want that game in Jacksonville. The AD at A&M wants their Arlington game with AR moved back to campus this year and since A&M is slated as the home team this year that means A&M is absolutely going to have to find another road game. The only problem is they already have a full schedule.

I think with my schedule we probably should take OM as the next best team in the west and let UF have AU. The only problem with that is the last time we played OM it was in Knoxville but we can’t go to Oxford and still have 5 home games. So that defaults down to UF hosting MSU and us keeping AU in Knoxville with OM off the table for us. jmo.

I don’t think I’m going to be surprised at whatever they come up with and I’m also not going to be surprised if there are some fanbases that are bitching about the schedule. In fact if we end up with both LSU and A&M I may just join in on the bitching. jmo.

ScreenHunter 523.png

I am pretty sure I have a colleague (attorney by the way) who has personal experience with it. You would be surprised by some things on this side of the business. I edited my first post, and you may have missed it. Warren Buffet is a billionaire for a reason. Geico was a big influence on him early in life, and that’s where his money started.It’s a business.

Well yea! A dang good business model IYAM. Lol. But everything else you opined is not entirely accurate is all I’m saying. I’ve had clients for over a decade on both sides of the equation. And I’m telling you, adjusters, by and large, want to pay what their company owes for. It’s a whole lot easier for them to stroke a check than carry out multiple layers of due diligence to prove they were right denying a claim.

Reactions: RikidyBones
I’ve seen some pretty straight forward cases that take quite a bit of work to get resolved. Plus, they have been known to drop people once they make second or subsequent homeowner’s claims (legit ones). It’s a business unless you are with someone like USAA.

Warren Buffet is a billionaire for a reason.
Straight forward to you but fraud has probably happened under a similar claim before. They have to review it fully. It's in the best interest of the consumer as well.

I've lived in the Rockies and the Appalachians...the latter wins hands down
I love em both, but the Rockies literally take my breath away. I dearly love the soft fuzzy lush Blue Ridge, but the rough jagged multi-hued Rockies are as close to Heaven as this world gets for me...no wrong opinion here though.

If we get those two plus Bama they're straight up lying about SOS. Not stretching things but lying. As for the idea of protecting top teams... there's not going to be a post-season to protect and even if there somehow is one this is always going to be an asterik year. All playing favorites would do is build really bad blood. Florida isn't a contender so why listen to anything they say? They already got out of playing FSU because of covid. A lot of this sounds like bs speculation - I don't buy anyone caring about what Florida thinks. I do buy Bama whining and a BAMA guy doing their bidding but the Florida stuff makes no sense.
I've gone back and forth on it. There were 6 eligible East teams to get screwed over and 2 have to get screwed. A 1 in 3 chance isn't crazy unlucky, but that said, I feel like us playing Bama should get us out of it.

Whatever. If it buys us leverage down the road, so be it. This year is a big asterik anyway and half of it won't happen. Phil gonna remind everyone of this in a couple years when it actually matters...

Reactions: i2amavol
That's some grade A BS if we have to play LSU and TA&M... I would love to hear the SEC commissioner actually explain why he thinks that would be in any way fair.

It's a pretty simple explanation, I'm sure.
bbt-shldpnny-explain.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back