Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d watch out for when your general decides to not particularly appreciate your legions effort in battle.

He might decide to line you all up and kill 1 out of every 10 of his one legionaries.

That practice was common place.

So they were the OG Jack Welch? Ole Jackie boy really let em off easy by merely firing people

Now don't twist my words when I say this because god knows that coaching and development has been a thorn in our sides through out the last 10 to 15 years and mostly to blame for our downfall (jury still out on Pruitt)....but let's not dismiss the fact that our scheduling has not helped us one bit in trying to ascend from this pit of misery.

Looks like we are going to get screwed again this year also.

Now don't twist my words when I say this because god knows that coaching and development has been a thorn in our sides through out the last 10 to 15 years and mostly to blame for our downfall (jury still out on Pruitt)....but let's not dismiss the fact that our scheduling has not helped us one bit in trying to ascend from this pit of misery.

If the SEC would just drop the divisions it would improve our schedule greatly. Some years would be harder than others but it wouldn’t be this ridiculous gauntlet we face every season.

Sucks because recruits and pollsters seem to really focus on W/L, ignore SoS, and get sucked into jokers beating up on nobodies. This could be our hardest schedule ever, we could go 6-4 or 7-3, and be a top 15 team...but we will never be ranked or acknowlwdged as such.

I'll call it - this will be the 2015 team all over again. That team was 17 points from going undefeated and got stuck with a bum a** "10-2" Northwestern team at #12...while we were ranked #24. After beating them 45-6(?) we got moved to #20 iirc. Ridiculous.

If the SEC would just drop the divisions it would improve our schedule greatly. Some years would be harder than others but it wouldn’t be this ridiculous gauntlet we face every season.
Honestly the SEC needs to drop divisions, drop buy games. 12 game conference schedule every year. Teams with the 2 best records meet in Atlanta.

Honestly the SEC needs to drop divisions, drop buy games. 12 game conference schedule every year. Teams with the 2 best records meet in Atlanta.
So we can play 6 ranked teams each year? Pass.

I don't personally care how many big games we have or cupcakes we eat, I just freakin want us to get on a roll, move recruiting even further up, and dominate.

Jmo, but the Clemson route is much, much easier with top 10-15 classes than trying to go 10-2 vs an all SEC schedule. No one else in the country will play anything close to such SEC schedules, don't see why we should.

So we can play 6 ranked teams each year? Pass.

I don't personally care how many big games we have or cupcakes we eat, I just freakin want us to get on a roll, move recruiting even further up, and dominate.

Jmo, but the Clemson route is much, much easier with top 10-15 classes than trying to go 10-2 vs an all SEC schedule. No one else in the country will play anything close to such SEC schedules, don't see why we should.
Becasuse for the fans it would be more entertaining and more money. UF couldn't run from Bubba every year. UGA would play Bubba more often. Better matchups would create more revenue.

Becasuse for the fans it would be more entertaining and more money. UF couldn't run from Bubba every year. UGA would play Bubba more often. Better matchups would create more revenue.
Yeah I get more money, but idc about that. More money for opponents too, so all relative anyway.

I want us to win. "SEC" image, money, and thus better recruiting for all has only exploded the past 20 years and it doesn't help us one bit. Jmo

Yeah I get more money, but idc about that. More money for opponents too, so all relative anyway.

I want us to win. "SEC" image, money, and thus better recruiting for all has only exploded the past 20 years and it doesn't help us one bit. Jmo
Blah. Better than 9 garbage games and 3 real games every year.

I'm a little surprised, albeit I would be lying if I didn't say I love it. But Mullen having trouble recruiting at Florida is just weird to me. Dude must have the personality of a brick wall.
I have friends in starksville and everyone said that he was super arrogant and jerk to most folks.

So, had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled out on Monday. That was wild. I'm glad hydrocodone is a thing.

Also, everybody wish @SoilVol luck. He's defending his thesis tomorrow.

Lord, I remember defending my thesis. 3 professors on the panel, and my thesis argued against some points in one of the professor's books, which I wasn't aware of at the time, so almost my entire defense ending up being me defending against him. I had wondered why he had come at me so hard, and wasn't until afterwards that I learned why.

Fun times. But in the end he said I had defended my points very well.

Pretty spot on. Whenever we supposedly have a good team, we typically have the best team of an opposing on the schedule pre-Florida. I’m like can we get Purdue or wake forest every now and then. Nope, you get Oregon in their prime 2 years in row.

Let's crank it up ladies and gents!!

tenor.gif

Well if you get your wish and travel back in time to become one, I’d watch out for when your general decides to not particularly appreciate your legions effort in battle.

He might decide to line you all up and kill 1 out of every 10 of his one legionaries.

That practice was common place.
I believe that practice was decidedly uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back