Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my absolute favorite sports moment. I love my vols but I got the police called on me because my neighbors legit thought I was losing my mind when the Cubs won it all.

😭😂😂😂 be honest.Did you cry?👀😂 it’s ok If you did because I’m going to do the same thing when the Vols win it all one day.i would much rather see the cubs win a long awaited World Series over a Red Sox team any day so..well deserved.

Last edited:
It is my absolute favorite sports moment. I love my vols but I got the police called on me because my neighbors legit thought I was losing my mind when the Cubs won it all.

That was the longest 10 days of my life. I was jittery at work all day on Game 7. Drank lots of beer that night. Tried to get the wife to go to Wrigleyville for game 6 and 7 but she didnt want to deal with the crowds. Most of the bars were charging a few $100 to get in for capacity reasons

Last edited:
That was the longest 10 days of my life. I was jittery at work all day on Game 7. Drank lots of beer that night. Tried to get the wife to go to Wrigleyville for game 6 and 7 but she didnt want to. Most of the bars were charging a few $100 to get in for capacity reasons

Sounds like you need a “guys” night on special events like these👀👀 if so....👉🏼📲📞

Sitting on a Florida Beach right now. It amazes me that people will spend a few Thousand Dollars on a Beach Condo for the week and buy Busch or Natty Light. Spend a few bucks more and at least get Coors or Miller. They must be from Alabama. U can take the person out of the Trailer Park but ...

Sitting on a Florida Beach right now. It amazes me that people will spend a few Thousand Dollars on a Beach Condo for the week and buy Busch or Natty Light. Spend a few bucks more and at least get Coors or Miller. They must be from Alabama. U can take the person out of the Trailer Park but ...
Destin?

When we went to Florida in June I wore a Vols hat most every day and everyone there was super nice about it except for one guy who looked at me with contempt as he drove by on one of those big golf carts and screamed "Roll Tide" with maximum aggression at me and my kids. I just smiled and waved and explained to my children that that's just the way Bammers are and how they can't help it that they're dumb.

I was thinking about the areas our football team might improve on this year given the progress we’ve been making since bottoming out in 2017. With potentially a lot of new guys at skill positions on offense I’ll be watching to see if our ball security improves. If it does I think we win a lot more games. With better ball security last year, especially in the first two games, we may have ended up with a 10 win season. That’s how close we were. jmo.

I probably don't have a lot of company thinking our receiving corp will be better this year than last given the experience we lost but I'm sticking to my guns until proven otherwise. jmo.

I’m definitely NOT alone in thinking that our defense has the potential to be elite in the conference this year. In fact, I think it’s quite possible even though I’m pretty optimistic about that side of the ball I may still be underestimating just how good they could be. jmo.

Recently Pruitt told Phil Steele he thought he could beat any team on our schedule this year. I, along with Phil and maybe some others, tend to think he’s got a pretty good shot at doing just that. jmo.

ScreenHunter 505.png

I think you only need the high ratio if you’re passive in dealing with the virus. The 4.62 multiplier for the state is just a model number. In reality, every zip code probably has a different number. That said, the thing is we don’t have to let the virus run its course unimpeded. We can fight back and Re is the number on the scoreboard that suggests whether we’re winning or losing. I think it’s kind of tricky and while here in the state of Tennessee we’re coming from behind and are close to taking the lead you can never rule out the possibility that the virus will put in a backup quarterback. jmo.

Yeah, but Jefferson County is probably higher than Knox right now in re, which is for some reason important to my calculations. Pretty sure we are needing more than one hail mary right now. East Tennessee has been late to the party, but we have been making up for lost time.

😭😂😂😂 be honest.Did you cry?👀😂 it’s ok If you did because I’m going to do the same thing when the Vols win it all one day.i would much rather see the cubs win a long awaited World Series over a Red Sox team any day so..well deserved.
My close buddy is a real hardass stereotypically Philly guy through and through...he started bawling when the Eagles won. Sports man...

Yeah, but Jefferson County is probably higher than Knox right now in re, which is for some reason important to my calculations. Pretty sure we are needing more than one hail mary right now. East Tennessee has been late to the party, but we have been making up for lost time.

You're right but Knox County has 8.5 times as many active cases as Jefferson so I would think it should be a lot easier for Jefferson to outperform Knox over the next few days. It just depends on the prevailing attitudes in the community. jmo.

ScreenHunter 506.png

I was thinking about the areas our football team might improve on this year given the progress we’ve been making since bottoming out in 2017. With potentially a lot of new guys at skill positions on offense I’ll be watching to see if our ball security improves. If it does I think we win a lot more games. With better ball security last year, especially in the first two games, we may have ended up with a 10 win season. That’s how close we were. jmo.

I probably don't have a lot of company thinking our receiving corp will be better this year than last given the experience we lost but I'm sticking to my guns until proven otherwise. jmo.

I’m definitely NOT alone in thinking that our defense has the potential to be elite in the conference this year. In fact, I think it’s quite possible even though I’m pretty optimistic about that side of the ball I may still be underestimating just how good they could be. jmo.

Recently Pruitt told Phil Steele he thought he could beat any team on our schedule this year. I, along with Phil and maybe some others, tend to think he’s got a pretty good shot at doing just that. jmo.

View attachment 296147

Scoring offense making that large of a jump is the only one that i'm struggling to see ... otherwise I think you are pretty much spot on

Scoring offense making that large of a jump is the only one that i'm struggling to see ... otherwise I think you are pretty much spot on

It’s regression to the mean. We should have had that last year but perhaps owing to a number of factors including a new offensive system we didn’t deliver. I would be very disappointed if we were stuck in some sort of rut on offense. For reference, Phil Steele was one of the analysts in the preseason last year that was projecting our offense to put up 30 points per game.

I think you look at our defensive improvement from ’18 to ’19 and obviously that was a pretty huge leap in improvement. It was our defense’s second year in Pruitt’s system and even though we had to replace absolutely every significant contributor from our ’18 defensive line we still exploded up the charts, against SEC opponents, from #12 to #6.

The biggest factor I think in our offensive improvement this year, especially in our ability to move the chains and score touchdowns, will be our offensive line, the first time we’ve had an SEC caliber offensive line in what seems like eons. The skill positions become easier to play and performance is leveraged if you have an elite offensive line and it’s widely accepted that that is what we have this year. jmo.

Depends. I’ve spent all summer in the pool with my kids. I love craft beer, but I’ve bought cases of Yuengling, Tiny Bomb, and even a little PBR because I already spend enough money on craft 4 packs. I usually start with one or two good ones. But I get what you are saying- I don’t drink Busch or Natty, but PBR is comparable.

This was from picture day I think yesterday. I think this man means business.

EeDCcj-U0AA_jJ-

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back