'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Pretty thin at ILB this year. To’oto’to and Crouch. After that you’ve got maybe JJP and a bunch of freshman or guys like Beasley who haven’t played yet. Any depth helps
I believe the Whitehaven trio will contribute sooner than later. Banks will help with depth but I think he may have trouble getting significant playing time. His brings more value at RB if he can control his aggressiveness without fumbling.

I believe the Whitehaven trio will contribute sooner than later. Banks will help with depth but I think he may have trouble getting significant playing time. His brings more value at RB if he can control his aggressiveness without fumbling.
But we already have 3 RBs that are as good or better than him. He would be right behind HT at MLB. Not trying to argue just looking at stats. Gray/Chandler/Fils Aimee are better than Banks

He’s 4th at best at running back...more likely 6th. Will never see significant time. Too many proven running backs and prospects ahead of him.

But we already have 3 RBs that are as good or better than him. He would be right behind HT at MLB. Not trying to argue just looking at stats. Gray/Chandler/Fils Aimee are better than Banks
Betting Hodge and Whitehead also. Not that much of a physical jump for running backs from high school to college.

I think you thoroughly enjoy going against the grain and disagreeing with anything anyone says anywhere. 🤷‍♂️ Call me crazy
He’s not alone in pining for Banks to play RB. Several champion the idea...I used to be one of them. Hated the move to linebacker until I glimpsed in short dosage what that “aggressiveness” served at the position.

He’s not alone in pining for Banks to play RB. Several champion the idea...I used to be one of them. Hated the move to linebacker until I glimpsed in short dosage what that “aggressiveness” served at the position.
I’m with you. I feel he brings so much more upside at the linebacker position. He barely knew the position and actually produced early there.

Reactions: butchna
He’s 4th at best at running back...more likely 6th. Will never see significant time. Too many proven running backs and prospects ahead of him.
He showed me more than Gray and Chandler with the few chances he got(excluding fumbles)
The incoming freshman, who knows? How do you he is 4th best, watching practices ? He has a harder time for playing time at LB than RB.

He showed me more than Gray and Chandler with the few chances he got(excluding fumbles)
The incoming freshman, who knows? How do you he is 4th best, watching practices ? He has a harder time for playing time at LB than RB.
Again...he’ll literally be 2nd string/first off the bench at inside linebacker. He’s at very best 3rd string at RB. Gray and Chandler are both ahead of him by a long shot. Chandler has almost 1000 all purpose yards each of the last three years (nearly 700 yards rushing in 2018 and 2019), Gray had 539 yards rushing last season averaging 5.3 a carry. Banks had less than 200 yards rushing in 2018 and averaged 3.3 yards. Lets just compare Gray and Banks...how does 52 carries for 185 yards look better than 101 carries for 539 yards?

Again...he’ll literally be 2nd string/first off the bench at inside linebacker. He’s at very best 3rd string at RB. Gray and Chandler are both ahead of him by a long shot. Chandler has almost 1000 all purpose yards each of the last three years (nearly 700 yards rushing in 2018 and 2019), Gray had 539 yards rushing last season averaging 5.3 a carry. Banks had less than 200 yards rushing in 2018 and averaged 3.3 yards. Lets just compare Gray and Banks...how does 52 carries for 185 yards look better than 101 carries for 539 yards?
I think he could’ve had 200 carries in a game and not reach 200 yards...advantage Gray.

Banks does not need to be taking carries away from Gray. That’s silly.

But asserting “the quickest way to the field is at LB” is an irrelevant argument. Saying he was more productive at LB is also not accurate either. The interceptions cloud your judgment of his performance. He was a liability at all the other aspects of playing LB. That absolutely can be fixed. He scored 3 touchdowns... behind that OL.... and fired up the team with his hard running style. Statistical net zero I guess.

You like his attitude at LB. Me too. I would like to leverage that attitude at RB more though. Especially with no Jennings on that side of the ball. Banks is JJ. I want a JJ on offense.

RB.

Cha
Chandler is a dud. Gray has two excellent games back to back at the end of the year but his durability right now is a question mark. Banks had some of the most bruising , tackle breaking runs we have seen in the last two years even though is body of work was minimal. As far as Lb, Banks may have trouble beating out the two big Whitehaven lbs for playing time and possibly could be beat out by some of our highly rated 2021 recruits when they get in the field. Sorry but his best chance at this time for playing time is at Rb. The fumbling issues can be coached out of him, I do not believe he was known as a fumbler in High School. He just has to control his aggression when carrying the football.

But asserting “the quickest way to the field is at LB” is an irrelevant argument. Saying he was more productive at LB is also not accurate either. The interceptions cloud your judgment of his performance. He was a liability at all the other aspects of playing LB. That absolutely can be fixed. He scored 3 touchdowns... behind that OL.... and fired up the team with his hard running style. Statistical net zero I guess.

You like his attitude at LB. Me too. I would like to leverage that attitude at RB more though. Especially with no Jennings on that side of the ball. Banks is JJ. I want a JJ on offense.

RB.
D0922FA8-90E0-4EAF-A190-32CA17055E15.gif

RB.
Excellent post.

I mean in a perfect world, this coming season banks and JJP improve this year behind crouch and HT, Brandon Johnson and Bennett excel at OLB and get a shot at the pros or at least UDFA.

2021 gives us Roman Harrison, Baron, Joseph, French and Eason outside and HT, Crouch, JJP, Banks, Whitehead, Hodge inside, while allowing Lewis Willis Brooks and hopefully Mondon to come in a compete for playing time

Here’s a question, say Banks goes to RB this season, splits time between himself, Gray, Chandler, Fils Aimee. What does it look like never year with Gray-jr, Evans (3 years to play, Brown-fr and Jaylen Wright-fr? I honestly have no problem with him at RB, i like his style. But in 2020 season i think he makes more of an impact at LB

Reactions: engineerVOL
Here’s a question, say Banks goes to RB this season, splits time between himself, Gray, Chandler, Fils Aimee. What does it look like never year with Gray-jr, Evans (3 years to play, Brown-fr and Jaylen Wright-fr? I honestly have no problem with him at RB, i like his style. But in 2020 season i think he makes more of an impact at LB

I’m leery of his impact at LB due to the lack of practice time. That’s a hard position, RB is easy.

I’m leery of his impact at LB due to the lack of practice time. That’s a hard position, RB is easy.
I mean to say there’s zero depth at ILB. We know he’s more familiar with the position in Pruitts defense than any of the incoming freshman/Solon Page & Beasley. HT got hurt last yr in the Kentucky game for a little bit and JJP was our only option

And he was recruited as Rb. That is his natural position. I do not believe he ever sees the field much in his career here with Crouch, Henry T, the Whitehaven Trio,JP, Lewis and possibly Mondon in the mix for the next two or three years. More value to UT at the RB position. He will find playing time there and be a contributor immediately.
edit: plus Harrison and the other 2021 lb recruit. We are not as thin at Lb as some are suggesting.

And he was recruited as Rb. That is his natural position. I do not believe he ever sees the field much in his career here with Crouch, Henry T, the Whitehaven Trio,JP, Lewis and possibly Mondon in the mix for the next two or three years. More value to UT at the RB position. He will find playing time there and be a contributor immediately.
edit: plus Harrison and the other 2021 lb recruit. We are not as thin at Lb as some are suggesting.
You’ve got your blinders on bub. See both sides. There’s not really a right answer here. If we’re being honest he won’t be a starter at either position

VN Store

Back