'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

You’ve got your blinders on bub. See both sides. There’s not really a right answer here. If we’re being honest he won’t be a starter at either position
Always has the blinders on. There’s quite a lot of that going on in here. Not aimed at you engineervol.

Cha
Chandler is a dud. Gray has two excellent games back to back at the end of the year but his durability right now is a question mark. Banks had some of the most bruising , tackle breaking runs we have seen in the last two years even though is body of work was minimal. As far as Lb, Banks may have trouble beating out the two big Whitehaven lbs for playing time and possibly could be beat out by some of our highly rated 2021 recruits when they get in the field. Sorry but his best chance at this time for playing time is at Rb. The fumbling issues can be coached out of him, I do not believe he was known as a fumbler in High School. He just has to control his aggression when carrying the football.
Calling Chandler a dud is a bit harsh. He's averaged 5.0 ypc over 3 years, has 42 career recs, and has 1600 yds rushing for a team that has been 14th, 14th, and 12th in total offense in his 3 seasons. He has played in some pretty abysmal offenses.

Eric Gray, who is universally adored, even by me, averaged 5.3 ypc last season, and that was greatly supported by the Vanderbilt game.

I think Chandler is above average as an SEC RB talent, but he is a product of his environment, which has been really poor, offensively. Hypothetically speaking, make him the starter at Bama, UGA, or LSU, and he's probably getting ready to start his rookie year in the NFL. He has flaws, no doubt, and isn't a world-beater, but I think he is more talented than what he's been able to show. I think Gray is more talented, FWIW. I think calling Chandler a dud, though, is a little over the top.

Calling Chandler a dud is a bit harsh. He's averaged 5.0 ypc over 3 years, has 42 career recs, and has 1600 yds rushing for a team that has been 14th, 14th, and 12th in total offense in his 3 seasons. He has played in some pretty abysmal offenses.

Eric Gray, who is universally adored, even by me, averaged 5.3 ypc last season, and that was greatly supported by the Vanderbilt game.

I think Chandler is above average as an SEC RB talent, but he is a product of his environment, which has been really poor, offensively. Hypothetically speaking, make him the starter at Bama, UGA, or LSU, and he's probably getting ready to start his rookie year in the NFL. He has flaws, no doubt, and isn't a world-beater, but I think he is more talented than what he's been able to show. I think Gray is more talented, FWIW. I think calling Chandler a dud, though, is a little over the top.
Especially given the fact that he’s had to split time between 2 other backs and until last year, barely had a semblance of an offensive line

Having a bad O-line and anemic passing game until last year (which he played dinged up) has really shortchanged Chandler. If he can put together a decent season I could see him getting a spot on an NFL roster as a Theo Riddick-esque 3rd down back.

He showed me more than Gray and Chandler with the few chances he got(excluding fumbles)
The incoming freshman, who knows? How do you he is 4th best, watching practices ? He has a harder time for playing time at LB than RB.
I guess you missed when Atlanta vol killed your and anyone else Hope's of him playing RB.

Not to mention Butch gave him the Kamara treatment year 1.

Reactions: Devo182
Not to mention Butch gave him the Kamara treatment year 1.
Well, I'm not sure he was more talented than a junior John Kelly, so Im fine with his freshman usage. He got 81 touches as a FR. That's pretty significant work for a freshman behind an established upperclassman. Almost 7 touches/game. Kelly didn't exactly get a ton of touches, himself (226 touches). Mostly a result of being the worst YPG offense in the conference by a mile, and the 5th worst SEC offense in terms of YPG in the last 10 seasons.

Reactions: swchandler1988
I guess you missed when Atlanta vol killed your and anyone else Hope's of him playing RB.
Yeah I know that. I said if I was coach that is what I would do. Pruitt may be making the wrong call on this.

You’ve got your blinders on bub. See both sides. There’s not really a right answer here. If we’re being honest he won’t be a starter at either position
Yeah, but he could be in the rotation at Rb.

I have never in two years been impressed with Chandler’s ability. He has some speed but unless he has a hole 10 yards wide , he is not going to make many plays. I do not see him make people miss and he never would of taken it to the house like Gray did against Vanderbilt. I think his maximum upside is an average college Rb that is part of a platoon system. I do not see him making an NFL roster unless it is a practice squad.

Banks showed you more then Gray....... WTH did I just read? @butchna
Talking about the beginning of their freshman seasons. Gray did impress against Vandy and Indiana. Banks and Gray would be an excellent tandem and change of pace against Defenses.

Having a bad O-line and anemic passing game until last year (which he played dinged up) has really shortchanged Chandler. If he can put together a decent season I could see him getting a spot on an NFL roster as a Theo Riddick-esque 3rd down back.
I agree Chandler is a victim of an mediocre passing game. I guess the Dud description applies more to the 2nd half of last year and I take it back. Maybe he was battling some Injuries issues. Anyway Gray has more talent and Banks would have been a good compliment in the rotation.

I agree Chandler is a victim of an mediocre passing game. I guess the Dud description applies more to the 2nd half of last year and I take it back. Maybe he was battling some Injuries issues. Anyway Gray has more talent and Banks would have been a good compliment in the rotation.
Gray definitely looks like he has a lot of natural talent at the RB position, but it’s worth remembering that the defenses he showed out against weren’t exactly anything to write home about.

He’s got the highest ceiling of any of our backs for sure, but if he doesn’t play all-sec level right away I imagine a lot of the posters campaigning for his Doak Walker trophy to turn on him fast.

Yes, we all have opinions. I still like Pruitt and believe he is going to take us to elite status sooner than later but just disagree on Bank’s best role for the team.
Wont see him at RB. I get YOU would rather him play there, but YOU aren’t the coach, nor are you right about him being a RB. He will play LB and stay there. I also believe that Jabari Small has the same number, so that also should tel you he won’t play offense. Discussion is over, moving on.

VN Store

Back