'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Then the teacher comes in and red pens all the unnecessary words but it doesn’t matter because you got to the word limit......
I had a really good professor who changed me by scratching out every passive verb written. Made me think about active verbs, hence shortening my sentences, requiring me to think more to reach my word count. Made the papers better for sure

These analysts should be direct and say "This guy has a strong work ethic. He is mature and listens to the coaching staff." Then they wouldn't have to end statements with "if that makes sense".

I think he’s trying to couch it in vagaries to connote the looseness of the info; that is, it was hearsay that implied that info. He doesn’t want to identify it as such explicitly but doesn’t want to stand behind the info as fact either.

Still, you’re right, could have achieved that without dancing around it so dodgily.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I’ve posted in this thread numerous times. Hodge is not and will not be a LB. Kid is a stud RB that’s gonna be one of our favorite players by his junior year. He is a natural leader and will out work everyone on the team.

Was it debated he would be? I remember Whitehead being an LB was a discussion, as well as Elijah Howard. Can't remember Hodge being an LB being a thing, but maybe I missed it.

Maybe thinking of someone else. I've never even heard it brought up tbh. Only with Howard and Whitehead. I have a handful of posts itt, none about him being considered at LB.
I remember Hodge mentioned as a better prospect at Lb. There are a few on here that want every good sized Rb to be a linebacker. Not me, I like to see Crouch, Banks, Hodge and Whitehead all be given a shot at Rb first.

Maybe thinking of someone else. I've never even heard it brought up tbh. Only with Howard and Whitehead. I have a handful of posts itt, none about him being considered at LB.
You missed em. I’ve seen more posts projecting Howard on offense than those not projecting Hodge eventually being on defense.

I remember Hodge mentioned as a better prospect at Lb. There are a few on here that want every good sized Rb to be a linebacker. Not me, I like to see Crouch, Banks, Hodge and Whitehead all be given a shot at Rb first.
And Banks got his.

I’m not the coach but if I was....one more chance for Banks to see if still has the fumbling issues. He was a tough SOB. Tougher than Gray or Chandler and easily better than Jordan not that he matters anymore.

If you can think about it like this:
Banks had 2 ints. He gave our offense the ball back twice.

The year before he was giving the ball back to the other team.

That's about as good as an effect you can have for your team.

He went from a liability to a...fortune?
I also loved his tough running. But I like his ability to cause turnovers much more

If you can think about it like this:
Banks had 2 ints. He gave our offense the ball back twice.

The year before he was giving the ball back to the other team.

That's about as good as an effect you can have for your team.

He went from a liability to a...fortune?
I also loved his tough running. But I like his ability to cause turnovers much more
As good as he was( or lucky) against a non P5 opponent, obviously a two interception game for a linebacker is an anomaly.

Last edited:
I’m not the coach but if I was....one more chance for Banks to see if still has the fumbling issues. He was a tough SOB. Tougher than Gray or Chandler and easily better than Jordan not that he matters anymore.
Ship sailed. On to bigger and better as a LB.

I had a really good professor who changed me by scratching out every passive verb written. Made me think about active verbs, hence shortening my sentences, requiring me to think more to reach my word count. Made the papers better for sure
I made a conscious effort to use active voice in writing up reports and analysis at work. I thought it made recommendations, etc., much more direct. But the old school bureaucrats I worked with hated it. Clear, direct, and less verbose were counter to the way they had been taught.

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back