Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/pdf/covidview-07-03-2020.pdf

Bottom right. Right at the threshold and expect it to change with more processing. Close to not being one. So close to accurate and should’ve worded it as close to no longer being one. It’s right at the cusp. But that news is to good for the sooner doomers

The CDC data for the week ending July 4 did indeed state that the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19 — also known as PIC — based on current death certificate data, “decreased from 6.9% during week 26 to 5.5% during week 27, representing the eleventh week of a declining percentage of deaths.”
Snopes asked the CDC what they meant by an “epidemic threshold,” and if this data was accurate. CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund told us:
The “epidemic threshold” refers to the point at which the observed proportion of deaths is significantly higher than would be expected at that time of the year in the absence of substantial influenza, and now COVID-related mortality. This “epidemic threshold” wording only refers to deaths related to COVID-19, which are a lagging indicator of disease activity. The death data is also something that gets filled in as more data – in this case death certificates – are added.
This one piece of data doesn’t have bearing on whether COVID-19 is still an epidemic.

If governments and corporations have microchips with power sources that they can inject through the tip of a needle... we have soooooo many more problems. That level of miniaturization will lead to a grey goo existential threat shortly.

The microchip that size actually just siphons electricity from the body that it’s in...lots of chemical electicity in the human body that can be diverted for their nefarious equipment...

Last edited:
It was his wife

giphy.gif

Excellent. Eating cow is one of the main contributors. Their daggum methane is killing the layers. Still surprised no big pharma has come up with an anti-gas medicine for cattle.
To kill the gas production in ruminants would also kill the cow. The production of protein in the cows gut is a direct result of fermentation taking place.

The CDC data for the week ending July 4 did indeed state that the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19 — also known as PIC — based on current death certificate data, “decreased from 6.9% during week 26 to 5.5% during week 27, representing the eleventh week of a declining percentage of deaths.”
Snopes asked the CDC what they meant by an “epidemic threshold,” and if this data was accurate. CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund told us:
The “epidemic threshold” refers to the point at which the observed proportion of deaths is significantly higher than would be expected at that time of the year in the absence of substantial influenza, and now COVID-related mortality. This “epidemic threshold” wording only refers to deaths related to COVID-19, which are a lagging indicator of disease activity. The death data is also something that gets filled in as more data – in this case death certificates – are added.
This one piece of data doesn’t have bearing on whether COVID-19 is still an epidemic.
Woooooah mic dropppp

Reactions: T Dog
I’m gonna keep trying to veer this back to being a Football thread. Is anyone else weirdly optimistic about our WR core? Without b!tching about Guarantano, how do y’all feel?
I love Josh Palmer. I remember Brandon Johnson making impressive plays so hopefully he rises to the occasion. I also remember multiple times seeing someone make a super impressive play and being like “who is that guy?” And it being Cedric Tillman and Ramel Keyton. Also can’t forget that Keyton and HB were teammates. The timing chemistry between a QB and WR is a muscle. It has to be worked out over time to see results. Them having 3 years of history will pay dividends. Then you have the transfers Gibbs and V. Jones. I haven’t seen Gibbs’ Georgia highlights but we were hyped on him when we thought he was coming. On the other side, I’m impressed with Velus Jones. I feel like he kinda got glossed over by many due to his HS rating and his Vlogs being highlighted, but his highlights are great:

It may be short but he shows excellent acceleration and makes tough catches. I like him a lot. Not to mention his special teams contribution.

Then you have the incoming class that everyone is rightly excited about. Wideman is an athletic freak (who I should add wasn’t a name any of us knew until a few weeks before signing day. That should instill confidence in our staff to finish the class strong). Guy can be a star in two sports and can’t wait to see his career. Then there’s Jalin Hyatt who most people know but I feel like he was vastly underrated. The guy had almost 30 tds as a receiver and will be the fastest WR we’ve had since CP. I’m running out of steam but I also love Dee Beckwith and the two Jimmy’s. I have high hopes for this class under Tee Martin and Chaney’s teaching . I think the next 3-4 years will be Tennessee’s passing game renaissance. What y’all think

Why does the CDC say it’s no longer and epidemic? Why is the mortality rate keep decreasing while we have so many positive cases? We are getting herd immunity and not as many dying but the world is ending because main stream media and the Twitter say so.

Honest question but isn’t the mortality rate going down because increased testing is identifying more cases with mild or no symptoms? Previously, identified cases were predominantly those with severe symptoms, who are much more likely to die than the former group. Maybe I’m wrong, but that makes sense to me

Like I said before, the mask is not to protect the person wearing it but to keep your germs in. That is why I called it a face condom rather than a gas mask. Even with poor hygiene some people aren’t going to contract it. The cruise ship provided some of the best data on that including a couple that was confined together breathing recycled air. Husband was infected but the wife was not. It’s not a certainty that exposure equals infection but a likelihood.

At any rate, I want football and life to get more normal so all y’all wear your dang masks, wash your hands and keep your distance so we can suppress this. The goal is to get the numbers low enough to where we can get back to normal and deal with small outbreaks the same way we do when schools shutdown for a week due to illness.

Since I decided to educate myself via the WHO, the WHO only advises individuals who have health issues, are symptomatic, or are medical professionals to use medical masks. They also only advise the use of medical masks in a setting where you cannot maintain a distance of more then 1 meter such as stores, etc.

The WHO basically states that cloth masks are worthless and can actually increase your chances of getting coronavirus due to people actively touching them all the time and not cleaning them.

So yeah.... basically a perfectly healthy person who is not exhibiting any type of symptoms has no reason to wear a mask. Especially since cloth masks are basically useless according to the WHO.

I've been hesitating to post this, but I guess this is a good time as it relates to your point.

I just found out last week that I have prostate cancer. I go in next week for a bone scan and CT scan to see if it has spread. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't handled it well at all; disappointed in how scared, pessimistic, and sad I've been. I've seen the stats.

Please pray.
Prayers Sent

Since I decided to educate myself via the WHO, the WHO only advises individuals who have health issues, are symptomatic, or are medical professionals to use medical masks. They also only advise the use of medical masks in a setting where you cannot maintain a distance of more then 1 meter such as stores, etc.

The WHO basically states that cloth masks are worthless and can actually increase your chances of getting coronavirus due to people actively touching them all the time and not cleaning them.

So yeah.... basically a perfectly healthy person who is not exhibiting any type of symptoms has no reason to wear a mask. Especially since cloth masks are basically useless according to the WHO.

Would trust the medical opinion of The Who (rock and roll band ) over the current World Health Organization as they have become political and worthless... just my opinion.

Pretty sure that The Who have stayed politically neutral in their recommendations 😷

If antibodies are short term what is the point of a vaccine?
look at Igg vs Igm , vaccines are not as simple as the news media make it out.

The influenza vaccine works best if you get it as early as possible when it comes out. Gives your body’s defenses plenty of time to prepare. Getting it after October isn’t giving your body a chance to adequately prepare a defensive strategy. Getting it in September = Pruitt/Ainsley defensive scheme. Getting it in November or afterward = Dooley/Sunseri defensive scheme.

Vaccines really cut down on viral issues, but nothing is perfect. When you hear about a measles, chicken pox, or mumps outbreak, it starts with those unvaccinated...
Look at Smallpox, plague upon mankind until a vaccine was developed. Now, essentially eradicated from the face of the Earth. Same with Polio...

Don’t rush the manufacture and proper testing of a covid vaccine though...because zombies. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

Cows have been around since Creation. Why are they a problem all of a sudden? Inquiring minds want to know. Also, there is no football news to discuss.

Mass production... vs having dairy cows and a few meat cows on your farm. Blame the cows, but trace it back to the humans as prime source of any and all environmental issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back