Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

This confuses the issue. It has nothing to do with whether the drug works or not. In fact, we all hope it does work. Rather, the criticism is of his placing his own wish that it work above the scientific approach to testing it.

But we get it. If it works, Trumps and his slurpers will proclaim his genius from every street corner and rooftop. If the science says it doesn't work, then there will be a mix of 1) the scientists are just saying that because they hate Trump; and, 2) that's okay he said it might not work, anyway.

These are the basic refrains of the entire Trump administration.

If you can pull yourself above the political BS here is what we know.

Drs were using it before he had ever heard of it.
Drs are continuing to use it because they see positives.

So, Drs didnt put citizens (globally) at risk because Trump was hopeful. Drs havent continue to use because Trump says its showing effective.

The shift from "Trump deserves the fault for this drug" to "Trump doesnt deserve the credit" is noted.

Above the BS line he didnt and doesnt deserve either credit or fault in its continued use by professionals.

A bright spot .. two of NGVs Covid positive patients are doing better today one is out from under some very heavy meds and is responding to commands . It’s really amazing . I don’t think he was given much of a chance .
I think that is great. NGV must be pleased to see something good come from the work they all are doing.

Reactions: McDad
I don't think so, but I am glad to see you have put it out there, TWO WEEKS, if in two weeks we don't see anywhere close to that, I hope you'll man up, if it does-I will. The "new drug" treatments are extremely efficacious. Now, I will add one caveat, if a large group of people, with under lying health issues, such as those taking the AIDS drugs daily start getting infected, then the numbers will really go up-in certain cities.

Well I said if trends continued we’d cross 12,000 deaths within 2 weeks on March 26th. Two weeks would be April 9. Today is April 7 and we will pass 12,000 deaths today.

So, ready to “man up”?

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Tough numbers out of Georgia. 100 deaths reported.

New York seems to be at its peak and flattening now.

Yeah good sign that new cases per day seems to be peaking out. Seems to have hit max a few days ago. Should mean we see deaths/day in NY start dropping in 7ish days.

I think this will be New York's worst day. Other indicators are showing the virus is plateauing.

Yet, you mean?

Deaths/day are going to keep going up for a bit I think. Though maybe getting close to peaking. New cases per day seemed to Peak a few days ago...so maybe a week for deaths/day to peak?

I think that is great. NGV must be pleased to see something good come from the work they all are doing.

Yes It was pretty bleak for both of them so she was excited to see them respond so well . She text me last night that both were doing much better but I didn’t want to say anything and jinx it . I think I can now .

Reactions: 37L1 and McDad
If you can pull yourself above the political BS here is what we know.

Drs were using it before he had ever heard of it.
Drs are continuing to use it because they see positives.

So, Drs didnt put citizens (globally) at risk because Trump was hopeful. Drs havent continue to use because Trump says its showing effective.

The shift from "Trump deserves the fault for this drug" to "Trump doesnt deserve the credit" is noted.

Above the BS line he didnt and doesnt deserve either credit or fault in its continued use by professionals.
Trump's line of "What do you have to lose? Take it," strikes me as an awkward thing to say. Almost as if he is touting a liquid refreshment. It's my understanding that hydroxychloroquine is not considered safe for people with abnormal heart rhythms.

This confuses the issue. It has nothing to do with whether the drug works or not. In fact, we all hope it does work. Rather, the criticism is of his placing his own wish that it work above the scientific approach to testing it.

But we get it. If it works, Trumps and his slurpers will proclaim his genius from every street corner and rooftop. If the science says it doesn't work, then there will be a mix of 1) the scientists are just saying that because they hate Trump; and, 2) that's okay he said it might not work, anyway.

These are the basic refrains of the entire Trump administration.
I mean, that is what Trump said. I know you'd like for him to have been more reckless and said something like "Go out and take as much of it as you can find, because it works," because that would be easier to criticize, but he didn't.

I've said on here before that one bad thing Trump does repeatedly is present his opinions as facts. If you go back and watch that clip where he first mentioned HCQ, he initially did that before then saying it was a "hunch" he had that it might work, then said it might not work. I disagree that he's placed his own wish that it work above an approach to testing it - if he had, he outright would have just told people to take it, despite it haven't being tested.

I know you view that as Trump leaving himself and his supporters an "out" in case it doesn't work. But regardless of the reasons he said "it might not work" he did say it.

Reactions: NCFisher
So for every patient that survives due to being administered Cloroquine can they sue said democrats for trying to block the usage of the drug?

I think it would have pretty reasonable legs since without the drug they would be dead and if said democrats had their way they wouldn't be able to get it.

This is America. The answer to "can they sue" is always a big fat YES!

Winning that case would be another matter. In your scenario, how would you prove harm in a case where the patient received a successful intervention? Can you prove they would have died otherwise?

Trump's line of "What do you have to lose? Take it," strikes me as an awkward thing to say. Almost as if he is touting a liquid refreshment. It's my understanding that hydroxychloroquine is not considered safe for people with abnormal heart rhythms.

He says a lot of awkward things. Hes an awkward dude in a lot of ways.

I'm not a Dr so I wouldnt pretend to know.

I'd guess they understand the side effects pretty well given the drug is old.

Reactions: NCFisher
So for every patient that survives due to being administered Cloroquine can they sue said democrats for trying to block the usage of the drug?

I think it would have pretty reasonable legs since without the drug they would be dead and if said democrats had their way they wouldn't be able to get it.
How the hell do you go about proving that with an illness that only has a mortality rate of 3.4% (per the World Health Organization)?

This is America. The answer to "can they sue" is always a big fat YES!

Winning that case would be another matter. In your scenario, how would you prove harm in a case where the patient received a successful intervention? Can you prove they would have died otherwise?

The question about suing was for pointing out how ridiculous the statement was that they were going to try to charge Trump with Crimes Against Humanity.

But to that point if a person is on their deathbed and they are declining and a drug is administered then the person not only doesn’t die but returns to a fully healed state.

What caused the person to live? Was it the persons body provided a miraculous turnaround or was it due to the drug? In this scenario I believe you can point to the use of the drug as being the turnaround. Without the drug the person more than likely would have declined into death.

If there’s an undercount in deaths, which seems like a given, there’s assuredly an undercount in the number of people afflicted with COVID-19. Any loss of life is unfortunate, but the true mortality rate for this pandemic is much lower than we think and makes the lockdown’s economic fallout seem even more absurd.

Chicago Mayor Urges Citizens To ‘Stay Home, Save Lives’ — Until She Needs A Haircut

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot defended her decision to get a haircut despite urging citizens to stay at home in accordance with the state order.

Lightfoot called on Chicago residents to “Stay home, save lives” in a recent video and even added the mantra to her Twitter handle. (RELATED: Chicago Mayor Heard Calling Police Union Leader A ‘Clown’)

lightfoot-e1586258032290.jpg

But a few days later, a photo surfaced of Lightfoot with a woman who claimed to have given the mayor a haircut — after the statewide “stay-at-home” order was given.

EU9miuPWsAIjtJa

Chicago Mayor Urges Citizens To ‘Stay Home, Save Lives’ — Until She Needs A Haircut

The question about suing was for pointing out how ridiculous the statement was that they were going to try to charge Trump with Crimes Against Humanity.

But to that point if a person is on their deathbed and they are declining and a drug is administered then the person not only doesn’t die but returns to a fully healed state.

What caused the person to live? Was it the persons body provided a miraculous turnaround or was it due to the drug? In this scenario I believe you can point to the use of the drug as being the turnaround. Without the drug the person more than likely would have declined into death.
You could never prove that. The reality is that the overwhelming majority of people who contract this virus do make a full recovery.

VN Store

Back