Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

One thing I've noticed is that he's quite imprecise in his speech. Even by a politician's standards, he very rarely speaks in very specific terms and quite often makes vague statements, leaving the listener to determine what exactly is being said.

For a media that absolutely despises him (actually they have a complicated relationship with him because he brings big ratings), they fill in the blanks with the worst possible interpretations, naturally.

It would help if he did not lie so much. Or contradict himself. Or have to be corrected so frequently.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
It was a clunky statement. "What do you have to lose?" Is that how you should approach whether or not to take a certain drug when you are sick?
When I am in bad shape or in a life and death battle, I absolutely would approach it that way. You know the feeling better than many. You lost your sister. I lost my parents and brother; I know the feeling, too. His full quote is about those in bad shape.

ETA: It is a clunky statement. Just about all his statements are clunky.

Sounds like "my opinion is this, but talk to your doctor".

The horror.

“What do you have to lose”? Does not = “I have literally no level of expertise, consult your physician for more information”.

Many physicians have found anecdotally that this drug can cause liver failure in very sick patients and actually speed up the deadly effects of the virus, so they are not administering it. There is a reason Dr Fauci is so apprehensive about it and has to consistently take it upon himself to correct the dumb a** at the mic.

Trump has no business talking about pharmacology, at all.

When I am in bad shape or in a life and death battle, I absolutely would approach it that way. You know the feeling better than many. You lost your sister. I lost my parents and brother; I know the feeling, too. His full quote is about those in bad shape.
My mom has eye issues and she most certainly asks her doctor to try this or that.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
Even a blind squirrel.....but there is no hard evidence. I am sure donald was repeating something that someone told him. It is not like he came up with it on his own. Some people respond to it, and some do not.
No hard evidence, but the same people who criticized him are now turning toward it, without doing a mea culpa of their own. No one said Trump was an expert, and of course he got the info from somewhere else, just as many people got the information from him. That's how it works. Information gets passed from person to person. What's sad is some want him to be wrong. They relish in it. All to gain political currency.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
“What do you have to lose”? Does not = “I have literally no level of expertise, consult your physician for more information”.

Many physicians have found anecdotally that this drug can cause liver failure in very sick patients and actually speed up the deadly effects of the virus, so they are not administering it. There is a reason Dr Fauci is so apprehensive about it and has to consistently take it upon himself to correct the dumb a** at the mic.

In full disclosure, your preference would be for him to be muzzled about 98% of the time.

Isn’t that the way it reacts with certain medicines/conditions which has been. tested and retested throughout the years..... if I get really sick from this.... I’m going to ask my doctor to try out..... you are free to risk it without it.

No hard evidence, but the same people who criticized him are now turning toward it, without doing a mea culpa of their own. No one said Trump was an expert, and of course he got the info from somewhere else, just as many people got the information from him. That's how it works. Information gets passed from person to person. What's sad is some want him to be wrong. They relish in it. All to gain political currency.
Anecdotal evidence or proven through rigorous double blind testing, It makes no difference to the person who recovered with the help of the drug. It makes no difference to those who are facing certain death and are grasping at straws.

b076678a-6c62-46a7-a39c-22443544da29-jpeg.270343

This was posted in another thread. So maybe some of the deaths attributed to COVID19 would have occurred anyway with Pneumonia anyway?...

Just read a flu-C19 comparison. In this flu season, there were 24K deaths among 246K confirmed cases, for about a 10% death rate. That's considerably higher that the same C19 rates. Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report (FluView)

Further, the C19 modelings seem little more than alarmism. With projections up to tens of times greater than actual conditions or current projections, they certainly can't be relied upon to plan for pandemic.

The question about suing was for pointing out how ridiculous the statement was that they were going to try to charge Trump with Crimes Against Humanity.

But to that point if a person is on their deathbed and they are declining and a drug is administered then the person not only doesn’t die but returns to a fully healed state.

What caused the person to live? Was it the persons body provided a miraculous turnaround or was it due to the drug? In this scenario I believe you can point to the use of the drug as being the turnaround. Without the drug the person more than likely would have declined into death.

I frankly just don't give a damn about the politics of this even a little bit right now.

But from my reading, it is best to get the chloroquines early, as they interfere with the initial attachment of virus particles to the respiratory tract surface epithelium. If a patient reached a point of deep malaise it might be too late to intervene with these drugs. You might be better off with one of the ebola drugs at this point. So in your scenario, it is more likely that the person's immune system simply won the day.

Unfortunate anecdote: a co-worker's brother just passed with this and they hit him pretty hard with the CLQ-OH when he went to the hospital, but it was too late. That's the tough thing. Other's in the same house had it at the same time. Their symptoms mirrored each other until about day 7, when the brother turned for the worse. If he got CLQ-OH on day one, maybe he'd be here now?

I certainly can't say, but I want to see what the biomedical scientists find as I think they know a lot more than your generic family practitioner. Sadly, their work takes time.

The questions are, how do you determine who needs it and who doesn't? Everyone else in that family recovered, and there isn't enough of this drug to just give it out as a prophylactic. That is why the science of this is important. We really need some sort of bio-marker test for who will get very ill and who will just have normal flu-like symptoms.

Last edited:
Anecdotal evidence or proven through rigorous double blind testing, It makes no difference to the person who recovered with the help of the drug. It makes no difference to those who are facing certain death and are grasping at straws.
That’s a big issue with medicine..... by the time we have tested, retested again..... ran trials,,,,, tried more advanced trials.... complied with all the insane regulation..... the people we need to help are already dead anyways.

That’s a big issue with medicine..... by the time we have tested, retested again..... ran trials,,,,, tried more advanced trials.... complied with all the insane regulation..... the people we need to help are already dead anyways.
Agreed. It is one of the things Trump passed that I actually like. The right to try law makes sense to me.

How so? Per cdc.gov, from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases and 12,469 deaths in the United States due to the H1N1 pdm09 virus. Currently, there are 385,093 cases of COVID-19 in the United States and there have been 12,197 deaths so far.
You really buying those numbers?

Reactions: volfanjustin
This is the full quote as it appears on MSNBC:

"What do you have to lose? In some cases, they're in bad shape. What do you have to lose? It's been out there for a long time, and I hope they use it.... I think people should -- if it were me -- in fact, I might do it anyway. I may take it. Okay? I may take it. And I'll have to ask my doctors about that, but I may take it."
.............and the liberals hear...………………"Ingest mass quantities of aquarium cleaner. It will put the lead back in your pencil. You'll be better than ever in 30 minutes."

But none of the people who criticized Trump for mentioning it to begin with are coming forward to say they were wrong. Instead, they're doubling down. They hate the guy so much, they can't find it in themselves to admit he was right about something.

But none of the people who criticized Trump for mentioning it to begin with are coming forward to say they were wrong. Instead, they're doubling down. They hate the guy so much, they can't find it in themselves to admit he was right about something.
It's where our politics have brought us. We can't only be validated by our beliefs being right. We must also be validated by others being wrong.

How about Cuomo?

VN Store

Back