looks like Jazmine is leaving

I am not official UT staff so I can work with any athlete that wants to work with me. It is the athletes choice as to who their influences are outside of the university. No rules were violated. She could have called upon her HS, AAU coach or whomever she wanted to.

Several on this team have potential to be top tenners Rae, TK, Rennia, Jordan, are just a few of the possibilities
So, it was during the off season? Cool. Which two years was it?

Top ten in the country? That is a BIG stretch.

LOL OK, I guess that works well with parents: Hey I can make your kid the last one cut, even improve their position in introductions! Such stunning success.

And it was a serious question about JH natural position; your contradiction reflects how alot of people feel about her. Seems to me she is a 2 guard who sees herself as a PG. It does appear both positions are hers for the taking though, if she sees herself as a PG I'm sure that's what we will see. But this year, she'll have to own her own t.o.s in either position.

Jaz should have been on the floor for 30-32 minutes a game as the primary PG,,,that would have let Jordan grow much more slowly into the college game. Any time you rush a freshman into major minutes at a role like PG for UT, they're going to get a little overwhelmed. Jordan played as minutes at point as Jaz did. I watched every game.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
Coach, have you ever used a trigger word?

Without going into a lot of detail, when my wife was suffering greatly, especially toward the end, I gave her a secret word, and she would relax and let the pain pass...

Really hard to type this...Later.

Reactions: T_Vol376
So, it was during the off season? Cool. Which two years was it?

Top ten in the country? That is a BIG stretch.

I never said it was off-season. And like I said, any athlete can call upon anyone they want. Their coach coaches them in games. Their time and their influences pre and post game are of their own choosing

Coach, have you ever used a trigger word?

Without going into a lot of detail, when my wife was suffering greatly, especially toward the end, I gave her a secret word, and she would relax and let the pain pass...

Really hard to type this...Later.

No, but I do have go-to phrases and quotes, like
"Play the entire game, not just one facet of it"
and
"be aggressive, but under control"

Coach speak

Reactions: GameTime
Jaz should have been on the floor for 30-32 minutes a game as the primary PG,,,that would have let Jordan grow much more slowly into the college game. Any time you rush a freshman into major minutes at a role like PG for UT, they're going to get a little overwhelmed. Jordan played as minutes at point as Jaz did. I watched every game.
Jaz was 2nd on the team in mpg. She was right around 28-29 min. However, they shared duties bringing the ball up and running the offense , which made no sense because Jaz took better care of the ball.

Jaz was 2nd on the team in mpg. She was right around 28-29 min. However, they shared duties bringing the ball up and running the offense , which made no sense because Jaz took better care of the ball.

agree,,, if Jaz had had more of a head of steam she could have taken the game over many times.

I push my kids to the brink, but never beyond it

Reactions: Prophet1
I never said it was off-season. And like I said, any athlete can call upon anyone they want. Their coach coaches them in games. Their time and their influences pre and post game are of their own choosing
I just find it hard to believe that during the season, a head coach would let her player get coaching from someone else. I can think of several reason.

Reactions: T_Vol376
I just find it hard to believe that during the season, a head coach would let her player get coaching from someone else. I can think of several reason.

That's just it, I didn't coach her...I mentored her.
Big difference, I didn't coach movement or game,,,I told her things that any coach would have and should have said to her. I also told her to accept the role that was being given to her and how to flourish in that role

I, myself, do not let parents and off-court adults coach movement or game,,, But I love it when parents or fans push my players towards the goal I have given them.

Secondly, I don't think Holly knew, or cared to know this was happening as long as the athlete was playing at her peak

I still remember Shaq using Dr' Bernie Pacheko (not sure of the name and spelling, but remember him having outside help) to aid him in foul shooting.
Even though coached by one of the greatest of all time, he still needed outside help
and his coach knew of this

Last edited:
Pat Summitt once said:
"Surround yourself with people who are better than you are. Seek out quality people, acknowledge their talents, and let them do their jobs. You win with people".

That's just it, I didn't coach her...I mentored her.
Big difference, I didn't coach movement or game,,,I told her things that any coach would have and should have said to her. I also told her to accept the role that was being given to her and how to flourish in that role

I, myself, do not let parents and off-court adults coach movement or game,,, But I love it when parents or fans push my players towards the goal I have given them.

Secondly, I don't think Holly knew, or cared to know this was happening as long as the athlete was playing at her peak
Which two years?

Basketball is a mess now seriously... And will be worst when the Ncaa make the new rule that athletes can transfer and play immediately. When that happens, no coach will be able to discipline a player without that player leave to another school. Take a look how every school athletes are running around with transfers.

Basketball is a mess now seriously... And will be worst when the Ncaa make the new rule that athletes can transfer and play immediately. When that happens, no coach will be able to discipline a player without that player leave to another school. Take a look how every school athletes are running around with transfers.

depends on the coach
The better athletes want to be held to a higher standard and will take their punishment to get there

If the Lady Vols could grab kyra Lambert for the point guard position, jordan as the 2 guard Davis at the 3 , Rae at the 4 with key at the five would be a nice starting 5 . I’ve seen salary play she can give easily get you 9.5 -10 off the bench if she can stay healthy has had some surgery on the knee. Rennie deep ball & Kasi could help with bench scoring.

If the Lady Vols could grab kyra Lambert for the point guard position, jordan as the 2 guard Davis at the 3 , Rae at the 4 with key at the five would be a nice starting 5 . I’ve seen salary play she can give easily get you 9.5 -10 off the bench if she can stay healthy has had some surgery on the knee. Rennie deep ball & Kasi could help with bench scoring.

good first post

VN Store

Back