NCAA advisory panel discusses the reality of not playing college football in 2020

I meant to add to my previous post as well that the folks who are dismissive of the economic impact of prolonged shut down are just as in denial of facts as those who are dismissive of the seriousness of the virus.

Very well put...BOTH aspects must be weighed, and when they are, the entire world economy will collapse if things are still shut done next fall. There won’t even be bread lines because no country will have the tax revenue to afford them. I wish more folks would understand this aspect of it.

Reactions: cgrish and bullet20
And just maybe less than 1 percent who get it die. And will be tons who get it because it’s so contagious and we never know that it may be less than that. You guys are same who freak out after two bad possessions in a football game and say it’s over. @Catbone. Then we come back and win and you cheer again. How
About we try to get to halftime first at least

We're all going to die.

According to an article on College Football Talk moving the 2020 college football season up to Summer is being consideredo_O

CollegeFootballTalk | NBC Sports - College football news, rumors and opinions 24/7 on NBCSports.com
Sounds an alot like Japan putting up a good verbal fight for Olympics happening, when everyone knew they'd be cancelled. I assure you the NCAA and networks are scrambling for potential revenue streams...maybe a virtual JG will always be on target for bubble screens. If this chart is remotely close, 2020 sports year will have no football, and pretending there will be is nonsense...but guess they have to "play the game".
IHME | COVID-19 Projections

I keep saying it and there is no way for this not to turn political.

But, people are not going to volunteer for an economic collapse.

I believe strongly football will be played. Movie theaters will be open. Schools will be open. Etc., etc, etc.

Otherwise, I better brush up on the Hunger Games to find out what district I'm in.

I saw a map online that proposed something like 13 districts. District 11 included all of the south (minus Florida) plus Texas. My first thought was, "Well, I know who gets to eat. Heck we might even BBQ the vanquished."

This will be mostly over by July most likely. At its current spread rate most of the population who will get it will have gotten it by then. It's doubling every 3 or 4 days. Exponential math tells us that if that remains the case you'd achieve nearly 300,000,000 cases in the next 40-50 days, though maintaining that spread rate will be hard with millions getting it and becoming immune. The peak hospital demand is now forecast for 2-3 weeks from now with a steady fall after. The virus will have no place to live and no ability to spread in mass fashion as people get it and recover. It's the same concept as a vaccine except obviously more dangerous.

If we are still in lockdown mode come fall 2021, be prepared to live in a country where you have no job, no retirement, and you eat only because the government gives you about $500 a month to not starve
You should already be prepared for the above scenario. Considering you can already check 2 of those boxes and peoples retirement are already taking huge hits with the stock markets fall.

And just maybe less than 1 percent who get it die. And will be tons who get it because it’s so contagious and we never know that it may be less than that. You guys are same who freak out after two bad possessions in a football game and say it’s over. @Catbone. Then we come back and win and you cheer again. How
About we try to get to halftime first at least
Not sure the purpose of this post. The question is will we play football in 2020 and all you can say is people are stupid because they don’t think like you. Do you think we play or not? The question is not whether you think we should play but whether we will play.

You should already be prepared for the above scenario. Considering you can already check 2 of those boxes and peoples retirement are already taking huge hits with the stock markets fall.

At some point all these scenarios are actually worse than getting COVID-19. If you gave me the choice of A) staying healthy but losing 100K of your stock value and losing your job or B) Going back to work and contracting COVID-19 and actually be hospitalized for a week but then returning to work 2 weeks later, I’m choosing B all day every day

I vote for all sports to move forward in empty stadiums until a vaccine is available. Money will be lost on attendance, but leagues and teams should have the right to restructure TV contracts since there will be more butts at home watching.
Heck, test everyone directly involved, play with no fans in the stadium, and charge $10 on pay per view. They would probably make more total than they would selling tickets.

Reactions: The Original Fade
Not sure the purpose of this post. The question is will we play football in 2020 and all you can say is people are stupid because they don’t think like you. Do you think we play or not? The question is not whether you think we should play but whether we will play.

Sorry you can’t understand the analogy.

We're gonna know in 3 weeks whether or not we have a handle on this. More clarity by then.

They are now floating that it may be 200,000 lost in US with death toll peaking in 2 weeks. That's more people than we lost in combat from Vietnam to present!

We would be much better off if Obozocare centralized medicine didn't screw everything up and take the incentive out of increasing medical technology!

Last edited:
I meant to add to my previous post as well that the folks who are dismissive of the economic impact of prolonged shut down are just as in denial of facts as those who are dismissive of the seriousness of the virus.

Agreed, it can cost more if we undo the quarantine early and let things get out of control. I think Hong Kong did that.

I normally tend to be optimistic but I’m beginning to really worry now. If the players can’t effectively train, much less practice, before June or July I don’t see how their safety can be risked.

I hope I’m wrong.

VN Store

Back