Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The social media guy who apparently became twitter famous for going into groceries and opening ice cream containers and licking the ice cream, was back in action recently licking public toilets to show the world how unafraid he is of the virus, and is now in the hospital with coronavirus.

You had to see this coming.

Well, this wasn't suppose to happen
Congrats on the virus, bro

The social media guy who apparently became twitter famous for going into groceries and opening ice cream containers and licking the ice cream, was back in action recently licking public toilets to show the world how unafraid he is of the virus, and is now in the hospital with coronavirus.

I'm thinking this virus might be culling the wrong end of the population.

I hope the young man gets well and learns from his dumbassery.

This is not a political statement but THAT is natural selection.

Same track. Slow and steady improvement. Fever tops around 100 - 101. Longer breaks between body aches. A few sneezing episodes now, that's new :/

Son's cough (day 11) is finally slowing in frequency also. That's been my main focus. And thank you again👍

Praying for you and your Son!!

Yo, @Big Gucci Sosa I thought you said it was us oldsters who were not staying home....

By: Caroline Sutton

poster_0bf294cc57b34f87a143e611cb6e1407.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — There are now 777 reported cases of the coronavirus in the state of Tennessee, according to an independent count by NewsChannel 5. Two Tennesseans have died from the virus.
NewsChannel 5 is keeping an independent count of cases due to discrepancies between state and local numbers. According to the Tennessee Department of Health, “the labs notify local jurisdictions first, so public health and providers can follow up with those patients,” so our numbers may have higher reported cases in some counties than those provided by the state.
Davidson County has the highest number of cases at 257. Of the confirmed cases, one patient has died from complications due to the coronavirus. Three others remain hospitalized, while 34 people have recovered. The remaining 219 cases are self-isolating at home and have mild and manageable symptoms.
Shelby County has the second highest. Health officials said Tuesday morning there were 135 confirmed cases in Shelby County.
Below is a breakdown of the cases, using numbers from both TDH and local health departments:
  • Anderson County - 1
  • Blount County - 3
  • Bradley County - 2
  • Campbell County - 2
  • Carroll County - 3
  • Cheatham County - 5
  • Chester County - 1
  • Claiborne County - 1
  • Cocke County - 1
  • Cumberland County - 3
  • Davidson County - 257
  • DeKalb County - 1
  • Dickson County - 5
  • Dyer County - 2
  • Fayette County - 2
  • Franklin County - 1
  • Gibson County - 2
  • Greene County - 5
  • Grundy County - 1
  • Hamblen County - 2
  • Hamilton County - 8
  • Hardin County - 1
  • Houston County - 1
  • Jefferson County - 4
  • Knox County - 15
  • Lincoln County - 1
  • Loudon County - 2
  • Madison County - 1
  • Marion County - 1
  • Maury County - 6
  • McMinn County - 2
  • Montgomery County - 6
  • Overton County - 1
  • Perry County. -1
  • Putnam County - 8
  • Roane County -1
  • Robertson County -12
  • Rutherford County - 13
  • Scott County - 1
  • Sevier County - 2
  • Shelby County - 135
  • Sullivan County - 2
  • Sumner County - 34
  • Tipton County - 6
  • Washington County - 7
  • Wiliamson County - 64
  • Wilson County - 7
  • Resident of another state/country: 95
  • Pending: 38
TDH said at least 12,000 people have been tested in the state.

The confirmed age ranges of patients in Tennessee are:
  • 10 years old or younger: 9
  • Between 11 and 20 years old: 41
  • Between 21 and 30 years old: 193
  • Between 31 and 40 years old: 136
  • Between 41 and 50 years old: 89
  • Between 51 and 60 years old: 91
  • Between 61 and 70 years old: 65
  • Between 71 and 80 years old: 34
  • At least 80 years old: 12

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

I received this article this morning from a relative, asking my opinion. Here's my lightly edited reply:

The word that springs to mind here is pedantic.

Are they right - of course. Does anything they are saying have relevance to the real world or any hope of being tested in real time beyond their armchair extrapolations - no. Everyone knows that the denominator is likely much larger than recognized, as test-proven cases are only a small fraction of total cases (though I strongly doubt that their extrapolations have any relation to reality). Add to that the fact that we have barely done any testing (a couple hundred thousand in a nation of 330+M). We have absolutely no idea. Add to that that the tests are proving to be only about 70% sensitive, and even among people with proven disease, can be positive one day, negative the next, and then positive again the following day.

That allows an enterprising tenure-track professor to get in a contrarian view article to the WSJ and likely a journal article. The added benefit is that they are guaranteed to be proved right with post-hoc antibody testing in a year or two. The risk is that this is a specious argument, being delivered directly to a group of people (WSJ readers) who have a vested interest in believing it to be true.

The time to have argued about disease prevalence/fatality rate was with a massive testing campaign involving every traveler with an origin in China back in January. We were actively steered away from that by the executive branch decisions. At this point, it doesn’t matter. The problem at hand is that we are in a far, far different situation than SK or Italy. The South Koreans had a well-circumscribed religious group to track down and a couple other clusters that were easily isolated after a large, well-organized testing campaign and lockdown. The Italians had an outbreak largely concentrated in one region. If you look at the Johns Hopkins website, by the size of the circles, you can pick out major international arrival airports, regional airports, and you are starting to see the interstate highway network to some degree in more rural areas. The cat is so far out of the bag that it has wandered off and is somewhere in the next county by now. Add to that the delayed, disorganized and ineffectual federal response that we’ve seen, and continue to see, and you have a recipe for something that won’t be over soon.

The argument that we should consider reducing current infection control measures at this point due to economic or mental health or inconvenience reasons or because nobody has any idea of the true fatality rate is flatly dangerous at this point. But, it ties in nicely with current messaging out of the White House.

I received this article this morning from a relative, asking my opinion. Here's my lightly edited reply:

The word that springs to mind here is pedantic.

Are they right - of course. Does anything they are saying have relevance to the real world or any hope of being tested in real time beyond their armchair extrapolations - no. Everyone knows that the denominator is likely much larger than recognized, as test-proven cases are only a small fraction of total cases (though I strongly doubt that their extrapolations have any relation to reality). Add to that the fact that we have barely done any testing (a couple hundred thousand in a nation of 330+M). We have absolutely no idea. Add to that that the tests are proving to be only about 70% sensitive, and even among people with proven disease, can be positive one day, negative the next, and then positive again the following day.

That allows an enterprising tenure-track professor to get in a contrarian view article to the WSJ and likely a journal article. The added benefit is that they are guaranteed to be proved right with post-hoc antibody testing in a year or two. The risk is that this is a specious argument, being delivered directly to a group of people (WSJ readers) who have a vested interest in believing it to be true.

The time to have argued about disease prevalence/fatality rate was with a massive testing campaign involving every traveler with an origin in China back in January. We were actively steered away from that by the executive branch decisions. At this point, it doesn’t matter. The problem at hand is that we are in a far, far different situation than SK or Italy. The South Koreans had a well-circumscribed religious group to track down and a couple other clusters that were easily isolated after a large, well-organized testing campaign and lockdown. The Italians had an outbreak largely concentrated in one region. If you look at the Johns Hopkins website, by the size of the circles, you can pick out major international arrival airports, regional airports, and you are starting to see the interstate highway network to some degree in more rural areas. The cat is so far out of the bag that it has wandered off and is somewhere in the next county by now. Add to that the delayed, disorganized and ineffectual federal response that we’ve seen, and continue to see, and you have a recipe for something that won’t be over soon.

The argument that we should consider reducing current infection control measures at this point due to economic or mental health or inconvenience reasons or because nobody has any idea of the true fatality rate is flatly dangerous at this point. But, it ties in nicely with current messaging out of the White House.
Wish I had 2 likes to give

Reactions: Wadetime
Who should they contact there? I didn’t see a link related to masks or covid19 on your website

The masks are disposable and meet all FDA requirements. We are also gearing up to provide the full face shields. Should be able to start taking bulk orders tomorrow.

I'm not in the office today but just give me a call tomorrow at 1-800-889-6368 ext 206 and I can provide all details/pricing.

Yo, @Big Gucci Sosa I thought you said it was us oldsters who were not staying home....

By: Caroline Sutton

poster_0bf294cc57b34f87a143e611cb6e1407.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — There are now 777 reported cases of the coronavirus in the state of Tennessee, according to an independent count by NewsChannel 5. Two Tennesseans have died from the virus.
NewsChannel 5 is keeping an independent count of cases due to discrepancies between state and local numbers. According to the Tennessee Department of Health, “the labs notify local jurisdictions first, so public health and providers can follow up with those patients,” so our numbers may have higher reported cases in some counties than those provided by the state.
Davidson County has the highest number of cases at 257. Of the confirmed cases, one patient has died from complications due to the coronavirus. Three others remain hospitalized, while 34 people have recovered. The remaining 219 cases are self-isolating at home and have mild and manageable symptoms.
Shelby County has the second highest. Health officials said Tuesday morning there were 135 confirmed cases in Shelby County.
Below is a breakdown of the cases, using numbers from both TDH and local health departments:
  • Anderson County - 1
  • Blount County - 3
  • Bradley County - 2
  • Campbell County - 2
  • Carroll County - 3
  • Cheatham County - 5
  • Chester County - 1
  • Claiborne County - 1
  • Cocke County - 1
  • Cumberland County - 3
  • Davidson County - 257
  • DeKalb County - 1
  • Dickson County - 5
  • Dyer County - 2
  • Fayette County - 2
  • Franklin County - 1
  • Gibson County - 2
  • Greene County - 5
  • Grundy County - 1
  • Hamblen County - 2
  • Hamilton County - 8
  • Hardin County - 1
  • Houston County - 1
  • Jefferson County - 4
  • Knox County - 15
  • Lincoln County - 1
  • Loudon County - 2
  • Madison County - 1
  • Marion County - 1
  • Maury County - 6
  • McMinn County - 2
  • Montgomery County - 6
  • Overton County - 1
  • Perry County. -1
  • Putnam County - 8
  • Roane County -1
  • Robertson County -12
  • Rutherford County - 13
  • Scott County - 1
  • Sevier County - 2
  • Shelby County - 135
  • Sullivan County - 2
  • Sumner County - 34
  • Tipton County - 6
  • Washington County - 7
  • Wiliamson County - 64
  • Wilson County - 7
  • Resident of another state/country: 95
  • Pending: 38
TDH said at least 12,000 people have been tested in the state.

The confirmed age ranges of patients in Tennessee are:
  • 10 years old or younger: 9
  • Between 11 and 20 years old: 41
  • Between 21 and 30 years old: 193
  • Between 31 and 40 years old: 136
  • Between 41 and 50 years old: 89
  • Between 51 and 60 years old: 91
  • Between 61 and 70 years old: 65
  • Between 71 and 80 years old: 34
  • At least 80 years old: 12
You know there's atleast 10x more people out there walking around with it.

When govt checks come in May, what do you all think will skyrocket in sales? I'm leaning toward big screen TVs, down payments on cars, and now probably tiger cubs (thanks Netflix).

I'm seeing all these car ads with zero payments for x months and zero APR for y months. The cynic in me is saying, "how long until we see a spike in the default rate on car loans?" Weird times.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back