Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the regular fju recieve the attention this flu is getting?

Or another way to look at it is would the death rate be the same if we just did nothing?

With the Italian death rate at 9%, I don’t think so.

There some positive numbers out TODAY worldwide. The question is this the beginning of a trend or an anomaly??

God Bless and Stay Safe !!

I read the article. This is simple. More testing would prove it one way or the other. That's what everyone wants. More testing, faster. A test to see if you've had it would also inform this argument.

Interestingly, the researchers also say measures still need to be taken to protect our elderly, those with complicating factors, and hospital resources. Really, it changes nothing in the short-term.

You said “they” and indicated plural. Got the gist that every ice rink overseas is stocked with corpses...was that your intention?
No, we already know the army had to move corpses in Italy and dead people in the streets of China at the worst. I haven't heard anything like this with the flu.

They won’t, but employees like my wife and most people she works with that do finance, project management, etc will be working from home.
@Nash_Vol97 Did they ever make a call where your wife works? We are still coming to the office, but I'm really uncomfortable with it because my wife has asthma and my son is very susceptible to catching viruses (for example, even though he gets a flu shot, he gets the flu almost every year...he was born 6-weeks premature...not sure if that has anything to do with it or not). Anyway, I'm curious to know how other healthcare facilities are handling non-clinical workers.

Where are you getting your corona mortality numbers? We had 140 deaths yesterday in the US.

Got my numbers from the Fox News rolling count. "Deaths in Last 24 hrs" was 21 when I saw it.

My point is that just as Trump said, we don't want the cure to be worse than the ailment. We can't just let the economy go into depression. There is a happy medium somewhere.

No, we already know the army had to move corpses in Italy and dead people in the streets of China at the worst. I haven't heard anything like this with the flu.

Perhaps. But you have to remember that a lot are getting sick at the same time with Covid-19. Flu cases are spread out, plus people can have some immunity to the flu, vaccines for protection, and antivirals for treatment. As far as the percentage of deaths per cases, it will be a while before we know the true scope.

The Spanish Flu killed as many as 3% of Americans who contracted it. One difference is it targeted younger people. Some theories are that older generations had some immunity to that strain from previous flu seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back